Why Does Gamepass block modify games I own?

Discus and support Why Does Gamepass block modify games I own? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Why cant I install a Game I own to a drive and a folder of my choice, so I can modify the game I own? I want to play a game I own that has VR support... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Kryptreaper24, Jul 11, 2022.

1. Why Does Gamepass block modify games I own?

Why cant I install a Game I own to a drive and a folder of my choice, so I can modify the game I own? I want to play a game I own that has VR support but I cant cause Gamepass has the game I own and wont let me add it to my VR library to play with my VR headset. Really annoying that Gamepass over rides my license of a game I already owned. I cant modify it I cant add it I cant do **** cause it tells me even though I am the damn Admin of my computer I need permission to do it. The F I do it's my game.... Why after all this time has there not been some kind of option that when you click a game YOU own it does not say owned or When you go to install it there is no option to install the Gamepass version or Your owned Version??

This is so far past the point of understanding, This is why people cancel gamepass cause it's the only way to get your games you own that are on gamepass to be able to modify, add mods ect to it. Think Microsoft would realize this and not want to lose subs vs making it a really easy option to modify games you own.

:)

Kryptreaper24, Jul 11, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Welcome to the community forums

Hope you're doing great today despite this buddy

May I know which game is this?
    The drive where you want to install this game is already formatted as NTFS?
    If yes, you already change it where new content is going to be installed via Windows settings > System > Storage?

I was trying to replicate the issue but I not faced any issue.
    I create a new folder on my already existing NTFS F: partition and tried selecting that new folder (I named "Among") to install Among Us, and actually the game downloaded just fine

**But worth to say, not all Microsoft store/Xbox app games supports custom folder installation

If this is a game you already own, did you select the "My Library" tab instead of the "Game Pass tab"?

I'll be waiting for your reply, greetings from another Microsoft user
  3. NATHAN KERBS Win User

Gamepass is overriding my disk.

That doesn't make any sense, if i own the game on disk and have played online long before gamepass why would it require me to own gamepass?
  4. Saeleth Win User

Deleted games I wanted to keep

Are they games that are a part of Gamepass? If you dont own them and they were taken off the list that might be why.
  5. Big Rome Win User

About game pass and can’t play r6 even though I have xbox live good and bought r6

Could you help me with this problem as well. I own siege but when i try to load into a quick match or even ranked game it takes me to a screen to “learn more” about gamepass ultimate. I already own siege and I own gamepass for console. So why is it not allowing me to play the game i spent my own money on? I will provide proof that i own both as well. I just need answers.
  6. Cleany Pablo Win User

Digital Games - no more access

I've purchased all the rights of the games i play aside from games with gold. I DON'T play gamepass games. If i own ALL the gears of war games digitally (receiving gears 4 with games with gold) i expect it to be what is advertised: FREE. I should be able
    to download it and play online/offline or whenever. If i download let's say, viva pinata with gamepass, stop paying for ultimate game pass/gold, i expect it to not work when i click on it the next time. I know how gamepass/netflix works. I'm talking about
    the FREE games with gold that aren't REALLY free.... "PlayStation does it" ..... Well there's a reason why nobody plays on that console unless they used to own a PS2 and never switched
Thema:

1. Why Does Gamepass block modify games I own? - Similar Threads - Why Does Gamepass

2. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  3. Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?: I have a pair of speakers plugged into my Xbox One S using the optical port and sound only comes out one side. I’ve already verified that both speakers do work. I’ve tried changing a few settings...
  4. Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install: I bought Black Ops III and it’s been installing but it stopped at 93.8% and it said the disk may have been damaged or it is dirty. I cleaned it and put it back in to try again but when i put it in...
  5. Why does my series x do this

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my series x do this: since i got my series x whenever i turn it on and on the home screen it says connect to the xbox network after 10 to 30 seconds it connects by itself. Is this normal?...
  6. Why does xbox like shafting people

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does xbox like shafting people: I get home from a long days work and i turn on my console to see an update for the game i play. It installs then gets stuck at 1.2% finishing things up. I wait about 20 minutes for nothing to...
  7. Why does my x rocker chair when plugged it my household socket and turned on does it set...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my x rocker chair when plugged it my household socket and turned on does it set...: Why does my x rocker chair when plugged it in my household socket and turned on does it set sombodys house alarm start blaring thanks in advance 3446b748-880c-421d-b13b-a923768fc288
  8. Why does my Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000, Black work on my personal desktop but not work on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000, Black work on my personal desktop but not work on...: I work remote. My team can hear me on Zoom or Skype on my personal desktop. But in Citrix and the cati or whatever that software is that we use to do surveys, one or both of these aren't working...
  9. Why don't PC gamepass players got the same thing as Xbox players does in the achievements ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why don't PC gamepass players got the same thing as Xbox players does in the achievements ?: First thing sorry for my English I am not a native speaker. secondly, I want to say that the GamePass achievements on PC are very poor compared to Xbox and it doesn't look like the Xbox...
  10. Why does the Gamepass Forza Motorsport download keep stopping of outright refusing to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does the Gamepass Forza Motorsport download keep stopping of outright refusing to...: My install of Forza Motorsport is stuck at basically half way. I have tested download speeds and everything is perfectly normal. Never had any dramas installing big games before now. Is it a...