Why does Fortnite freeze and then crash my Xbox Series S

Discus and support Why does Fortnite freeze and then crash my Xbox Series S in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So as of last week, anytime I've tried to play Fortnite I can make it all the way to the pre lobby before the game itself freezes and then crashes ,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by BattyOdin83NngMw, Feb 13, 2023.

1. Why does Fortnite freeze and then crash my Xbox Series S

So as of last week, anytime I've tried to play Fortnite I can make it all the way to the pre lobby before the game itself freezes and then crashes , sending me back to the Xbox home screen and then it shuts my console all the way off. I've been in contact with Epic as well as Microsoft and both claim that the issue isn't on their end. So does anyone have any suggestions? And before it's asked, I have done all troubleshooting, I've factory reset my console 3x and uninstalled and reinstalled Fortnite a total of 6x with no resolve.

:)

BattyOdin83NngMw, Feb 13, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi! I'm Rostom, an Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you here. Sorry to hear about that issue. No worries, we will do our best now to get this sorted out.

You mentioned that you already did a factory reset. Did you try it by keeping your games and apps or remove everything?

Does the issue happen only with Fortnite game? Also, make sure that your console is directly plugged in with your wall outlet and do not use surge protector. Might as well try to plug it using a different wall outlet or room.

To further isolate the issue, try playing the game using a different profile and also try connecting with a different network setup.
  3. A A RON FAIR242 Win User

0x87e0012d

fortnite keeps freezing and crashing
  4. Yanyannnn Win User

can i play fortnite on my xbox series s at 120 fps and 1440p?

Hello Alexis Lamothe,

Thank you for your contribution to the Microsoft community.

We totally understand that you want to play Fortnite on higher FPS and resolution. However. the Xbox Series S does not support 1440p resolution at 120fps for Fortnite. The maximum resolution supported by the Xbox Series S is 1080p at 120fps. However, you can still enjoy playing Fortnite on your Xbox Series S at 1080p and 120fps.

Hope I helped!

YanYannn
    Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. kyle_m4496 Win User

Can xbox one s run fortnite 120fps

Hi Raven. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

Xbox One S does not support 120Hz. Only Xbox Series S and X support 120Hz, and 120fps is available in select games, including Fortnite.
  6. Jamie Hendrix1 Win User

Why dose my console crash every time I got to play call of duty mw2

I have a series x and only on call of duty this is happening but its not just the game freezing or crashing its making my xbox freeze and bug out
Thema:

1. Why does Fortnite freeze and then crash my Xbox Series S - Similar Threads - Why does Fortnite

2. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  3. Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?: I have a pair of speakers plugged into my Xbox One S using the optical port and sound only comes out one side. I’ve already verified that both speakers do work. I’ve tried changing a few settings...
  4. Why does my Xbox series x keep crashing on rainbow six siege and fortnite

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox series x keep crashing on rainbow six siege and fortnite: I can barley play a full game or r6s without it crashing or a match of Fortnite and i don't know why my Xbox is getting enough ventilation, I've changed power cables I've done everything the ai...
  5. Does anyone know why after fortnites recent update when I ready up, Fortnite freezes and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone know why after fortnites recent update when I ready up, Fortnite freezes and...: After fortnites new season update when I load the game everything is fine and normal. When the game loads everything is normal however as soon as I ready up the game crashes. Is this an xbox issue...
  6. Why does fortnite say failed to login?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does fortnite say failed to login?: I have tried numerous things such as resetting my Xbox and clearing the MAC but any time i try to login to fortnite it wont let me in. It does this on my phone as well with Xbox live gaming....
  7. When playing on big games e.g. fortnite, mw3 why does it keep disconnecting me from my wifi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When playing on big games e.g. fortnite, mw3 why does it keep disconnecting me from my wifi?: Everytime I go onto a big game like mw3 it says I'm not connected to the Internet, it has been fine all day downloading the game but as soon as I go onto the actual game it disconnects me. I've...
  8. Does anyone know why my Xbox one keeps kicking me from Fortnite I just got it and I’m...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone know why my Xbox one keeps kicking me from Fortnite I just got it and I’m...: Does anyone know why my Xbox one keeps kicking me from Fortnite I just got it and I’m thinking that it’s maybe because I bought it off Amazon 250341e5-267b-41e0-963e-61f06825462c
  9. Why does my Xbox one power brick randomly power off when I'm in games like Fortnite but not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox one power brick randomly power off when I'm in games like Fortnite but not...: Sometimes the power supply randomly shuts off. Then I plug it out for 10 seconds it comes back on, no light flashes it's just the usual orange and white light I'm confused why this happens and why...
  10. Why does my Fortnite keep “installation stopped”?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Fortnite keep “installation stopped”?: the new fortnite season came out and it needed an update, i tried to update it but it kept saying “installation stopped”. i tried clearing space on my xbox, uninstalled and reinstalled, these...