Why does every single game on Xbox Series S ask what profile I want to play game as?

Discus and support Why does every single game on Xbox Series S ask what profile I want to play game as? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Why does every single game on Xbox Series S ask what profile I want to play game as? I am already logged in. I am not the other users. I obviously do... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DC Gray, Feb 2, 2023.

1. DC Gray
    DC Gray Guest

Why does every single game on Xbox Series S ask what profile I want to play game as?

Why does every single game on Xbox Series S ask what profile I want to play game as? I am already logged in. I am not the other users. I obviously do not want to play every game as someone else. This feature is one of the most annoying features driving me towards selling this console. I have 16 accounts on PS5 and PS4 consoles and never once has it asked me if I want to be someone else when I load up a game. I am already logged in. I do not want to hear that this is an option for developers. Microsoft needs to make that NOT be an option.

:)

DC Gray, Feb 2, 2023
  2. Miguel Molina O Win User

Hi, and thanks for reaching out. My name is Miguel O., Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue!

RedCarGamer Xbox Ambassador posted an answer to a user who had a similar issue:

"Not a issue with your console. Some games just have the option to ask again to change user. Is just a decision of the developer not the decision of the platform."

Original post

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...

Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below.
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

why the hell

Why not just purchase an Xbox One S if you want to play old 360 and original Xbox games on disk. As you said, your display is old, and does not support 4K, so purchasing a One S would probably make sense. Then later in the year, get a Series X or S if
    you want to.
  4. Mellerker39 Win User

Why do I see this popping up when I turn on my xbox 360 when connecting to xbox live?

Getting disconnected from xbox live while playing a game and wanted to know why it's doing this every single day.Can I still play a game while being offline.
  5. Smwutches Win User

Question about buying a new xbox

I'm assuming you're asking about the Series S and X not the One S and X?

If that is the case, if you have any games on discs you want to keep playing, get the Series X. You won't be able to play them on a Series S. Otherwise, the Series S is a little lower quality, but would be fine for casual gaming.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox one doesnt allow local accounts?!

Hi,

EVERY ACCOUNT I MAKE HAS TO BE CONNECTED TO XBOX LIVE. WHY?

That's not entirely true. What is true is that each account you set up does indeed need a Live Profile, however, you do not need Gold accounts to use these profile, nor do you need the console to be connected to Xbox Live to use these profiles or to play
    games.

Once the profiles are set up, either leave the console as it is, or disconnect it from Xbox Live. All disc based games will work just fine offline. You do not need an active Xbox Live connection to play single player games.
Thema:

1. Why does every single game on Xbox Series S ask what profile I want to play game as? - Similar Threads - Why does every

2. Why does Spotify pause a moment near end of every track?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does Spotify pause a moment near end of every track?: On my Xbox Series X, my Spotify app will pause for about 1 second near the end of every single track. It is usually around 20 seconds from the end. I am using a wired internet connection, directly...
  3. Why Does My Controller Flash Every Time I Turn It On?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why Does My Controller Flash Every Time I Turn It On?: Every time I restart my computer and get on it and turn on my controller (which is a elite series 2 and its plugged in) it just flashes, I also know that the usb works because I have used the same...
  4. Why does my Xbox one x black screen for a few seconds every 15 minutes or so.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox one x black screen for a few seconds every 15 minutes or so.: I tried to change the color depth setting but it didn’t change anything 0b321620-fa87-4c10-91d6-ab5266357759
  5. Why does my suzuka 980 steering wheel shut down my remote every time it connects

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my suzuka 980 steering wheel shut down my remote every time it connects: Every time I hook up my suzuka steering wheel 98 it shuts my remote down and it says my controller came disconnected what do I do 6343fcbb-3c2f-4493-a597-8d5c086fe4bf
  6. Why does this happen every time I play a game. You have 10 minutes before being signed out...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does this happen every time I play a game. You have 10 minutes before being signed out...: I keep getting signed out of my Xbox live account every time I play a game. You have 10 minutes before being signed out of your account. Then it signs me out ? Why?...
  7. Why does my Xbox series s keep on resetting every time I turn it on?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox series s keep on resetting every time I turn it on?: Im not sure this is happening I turn it on/off normally and I’ve only had it for 10 days. So I just turned on my Xbox and it says set up with the Xbox app. 3b7d6936-51d5-4215-8a8b-ba3c61eeb5fa
  8. Why does my Xbox double press every button that I press?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox double press every button that I press?: Every controller I use send a double input for one press of a button. I used the same controllers on other Xbox’s and they don’t double press. 03489741-b370-4786-a85a-70974bb490b2
  9. Why does my system keep disconnecting from Xbox live every time I load a older game?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my system keep disconnecting from Xbox live every time I load a older game?: I download any older Xbox 360 game and as it load it’s said disconnected from Xbox live. Why? 429fe621-4e08-4362-b586-37a340a5132e
  10. Why does my Xbox restart every time I turn it off?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox restart every time I turn it off?: Every time I turn on my Xbox it gives the restart animation, i don't know what to do. I can't find anyone with a similar problem. cbbe5501-b1e3-493e-8af1-214d3c2dcb90