Why does downgrading from windows 11 to windows 10 cause lag in games?

Discus and support Why does downgrading from windows 11 to windows 10 cause lag in games? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I downgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 11 yesterday. I did a clean install, and I've noticed that my game fps (on average), in windows 11 was 144 fps... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by thatonelaptopgamer, Feb 1, 2023.

1. Why does downgrading from windows 11 to windows 10 cause lag in games?

I downgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 11 yesterday. I did a clean install, and I've noticed that my game fps (on average), in windows 11 was 144 fps (in black ops 3 and black ops 2), and now I'm getting just shy of 70 fps. It's cut in half. I could go up to 200 if i didn't cap it in windows 11, but now it's between 40-70 fps. usually in the 50's for the most part. It's quite strange cause this didn't happen in windows 11. I'm not sure what to do, since it doesn't give me the option to go back to windows 11 anymore, so now I'm stuck on 10.

my laptop specs are a i7-11370h (4 cores) and a rtx 3050ti with 4gb vram. also a 8 gb ddr4 3200MHz ram, and 512GB Intel nvm-e SSD.

I did however, have all of my steam games on my external SSD, so not sure if the windows 10 update messed with those games that i might need to reinstall. not 100% sure, cause i haven't tested games besides for steam games. I'll double check, but I'm on the latest windows 10 update, and i downloaded multiple graphics drivers to try to solve the issue, nothing. Can someone help me?

(before you say to "close your apps and stuff because of ram", i have had every single app closed. before, i was able to stream on discord with 144 fps in black ops 3, and now with every single thing closed, i'm getting 50 fps. it makes no sense, and it's really irritating.)

:)

thatonelaptopgamer, Feb 1, 2023
  2. Tezzerrific Win User

make sure you have all the available updates installed and all the latest drivers. also make sure your poer settings are set to performance as that can reduce the gpu from reaching its potential.
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

PC Black Screen When Playing Games

We basically tried everything from your side.
    If you want please proceed with the custom Windows installation

You can reinstall windows 10/11 or update/downgrade to 11/10
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Can’t run games I used to be able to run anymore on my PC

It could be nice give it a shot.
    Or if you're on windows 10 try upgrading to 11, or do the opposite. If you're on 11 downgrade to 10
  5. FizzTags Win User

Xbox game pass FPS issues

The games were working fine on windows 10. When I got windows 11 I had to pay for a new key to get the watermark off and I don't want to have to pay for another one for downgrading if I just will be upgrading again later on. Also when I go to downgrade it say downgrade to windows 7.
  6. geoff128 Win User

Windows 11 - XBox App and Xbox Game Pass - Unable to install any game (error 0x00000001)

I've tried a new VM, I could only download a Windows 11 ARM VHDX.

So I tried to downgrade it to Windows 10 just after installation but it failed.

So I will wait a patch of the Xbox app for Windows 11 ARM.
Thema:

1. Why does downgrading from windows 11 to windows 10 cause lag in games? - Similar Threads - Why does downgrading

2. Why does my x rocker chair when plugged it my household socket and turned on does it set...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my x rocker chair when plugged it my household socket and turned on does it set...: Why does my x rocker chair when plugged it in my household socket and turned on does it set sombodys house alarm start blaring thanks in advance 3446b748-880c-421d-b13b-a923768fc288
  3. Why does my Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000, Black work on my personal desktop but not work on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000, Black work on my personal desktop but not work on...: I work remote. My team can hear me on Zoom or Skype on my personal desktop. But in Citrix and the cati or whatever that software is that we use to do surveys, one or both of these aren't working...
  4. Why does my Xbox Discord stream not pick up my background music?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox Discord stream not pick up my background music?: I usually play games with Spotify or Soundcloud music playing in the background. Lately, I've decided to try streaming, first testing in my own server to see if it works. I realized if I listen...
  5. Why does my Xbox disconnect from 5g WiFi when I’m downloading games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox disconnect from 5g WiFi when I’m downloading games?: When I am downloading a game, my Xbox will hold a 105+ mbps download speed. But starting a couple of months ago, my Xbox randomly disconnects from the WiFi only when I’m downloading games. Does...
  6. Why does the code say already redeemed

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does the code say already redeemed: Just bought a gift card and son tried to redeem on account and it says the code has already been redeemed 2f38dac4-7ccf-435e-96df-d4ff11904b74
  7. Why does my Xbox One X no longer work after a recent update?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox One X no longer work after a recent update?: Planned Obsolescence. This is to drive revenue. There should be a lawsuit filed soon. Everyone can join in. I'll provide details. 1c74f1cd-4ba2-46e5-bb63-4b0c64c9622e
  8. Why does the YouTube app always crash when I try to open it on my 360?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does the YouTube app always crash when I try to open it on my 360?: It looks like it’s loading and then automatically a message pops up saying it is unavailable. Not sure what to do. My internet is fine and I have loads of storage on my console. Tried deleting and...
  9. Why does it say this email already exists when I try to create it but when I try logging...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does it say this email already exists when I try to create it but when I try logging...: I'm trying to make a hotmail for my sister so that I can make an xbox account for her. I tried to create an email for her from her device a long time ago through the Minecraft app, but after I...
  10. Why does the game downgrade from Xbox X to Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does the game downgrade from Xbox X to Xbox One: I own an Xbox X and my daughter has the Xbox One. I have shared games with her without any issue until we downloaded mw2 and now also mw3. The graphics are perfect on mine but are terrible and...