Why does controller randomly disconnect from computer no matter if it's plugged in or...

Discus and support Why does controller randomly disconnect from computer no matter if it's plugged in or... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was working just fine the all of a sudden it started randomly disconnecting no matter how it was connected. daa008e2-cb37-471a-9919-40f7765ee51f Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Joey Henkelman, Dec 5, 2022.

1. Why does controller randomly disconnect from computer no matter if it's plugged in or...

I was working just fine the all of a sudden it started randomly disconnecting no matter how it was connected.

:)

Joey Henkelman, Dec 5, 2022
  2. Geri M. Win User

Why does controller randomly disconnect from computer no matter if it's plugged in or Bluetooth.

Hello Joey Henkelman,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Geri M. Win User

Why does controller randomly disconnect from computer no matter if it's plugged in or Bluetooth.

Hi Joey Henkelman,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

We understand the inconvenience caused. As per description, your controller suddenly disconnected from your computer while on gaming/working via Bluetooth or wired connection. Let us check on this together and sort this out to assist you and help you back to gaming.

However, before we proceed, we would like to ask some questions about it for us to sort it out and provide you accurate resolution.

1. When did the issue started?
    2. Is this happening to all games?
    3. What have you done so far to fix the issue?
    4. Is your system, drivers, device updated?
    For the meantime, while waiting for your response, we have steps to try if it will work from your end.

Start off with this

1. Go to settings
    2. Go to devices and streaming
    3. Go to accessories
    4. Click on
    5. Click on firmware version
    6. It should start updating which should take just a few minutes
    If that doesn't work for you, please try disconnecting your controller all together and then reconnect it.

Additionally, we would like you to refer on these articles for more information.

We hope it worked out well for you. If not, please reply back to this forum to let us know.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. XBF Leo G Win User

Wired Elite controller 2 keeps disconnecting

Hello banaoffe,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that your Xbox Elite controller is randomly disconnecting from your Windows 10 computer. We recommend making sure that

Windows 10 is up to date
    . Also, you can try using a different USB-C cable to connect your controller to your computer. If this does not resolve the issue, we recommend plugging in the controller to a different USB port on your computer. Be sure to let us
    know the results!
  5. CQQT Win User

XBOX无线控制器蓝牙连接 [Translation-XBOX wireless controller Bluetooth connection]

your controller shouldn't just disconnect randomly, try plugging the usb into your xbox and into your controller and try updating the controller.
  6. TBoneJones2800 Win User

Controller will not stay connected

I was having same issue with my XB1 with 2 separate controllers. Extremely frustrating. The controllers would randomly disconnect no matter what activity I was doing. In the end got a replacement console from MS and issue has been resolved.
Thema:

Why does controller randomly disconnect from computer no matter if it's plugged in or...

1. Why does controller randomly disconnect from computer no matter if it's plugged in or... - Similar Threads - Why does controller

2. Why does my wireless Xbox controller disconnect and reconnect repeatedly on my Chromebook?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my wireless Xbox controller disconnect and reconnect repeatedly on my Chromebook?: So, I recently got a new wireless Xbox controller so I can play Xbox Cloud Gaming when I am not at home. My controller works for all of my compatible devices except my Acer Chromebook (which is...
  3. Why does my Xbox controller keep disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox controller keep disconnecting: Why do my Xbox controllers keep disconnecting on my Xbox one but they work fine on my other Xbox’s? I have disconnected and reconnected the controller and changed the batteries, but the controller...
  4. Why does my elite 2 controller only work when i plug it in.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my elite 2 controller only work when i plug it in.: I have an Elite 2 controller but the xbox button turns on and off. It'll be on for up to 5 seconds but none of the buttons work and it flashes really fast as if it connected but automatically...
  5. Why does my controller keep de-syncing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller keep de-syncing: When I'm playing a game it randomly de-syncs for just a few seconds then starts working again normally. It's a brand new controller from the xbox store and sometimes it will go for hours with no...
  6. Why does the right bumper fail on so many Elite 2 controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the right bumper fail on so many Elite 2 controllers?: Since customer support was unable to help me I figure I would try here before deciding whether or not to buy anymore Xbox hardware. I've had 2 Xbox elite 2 controllers stop working. Both had the...
  7. why does my xbox series x controller keep disconnected

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series x controller keep disconnected: my xbox series x controller keeps disconnecting i changed the batteries i couldnt resync the controller until i turned off the power supply but took about 2 minutes and the controller again...
  8. Why does my Xbox series x/s wireless controller disconnect when my Xbox one disconnects...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox series x/s wireless controller disconnect when my Xbox one disconnects...: When I came back home as I brought my Xbox to my friends house, it always disconnects from the WiFi and I don't know why. When it disconnected, my controller also disconnected....
  9. Why does my Xbox Controller not show up in Device Manager?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox Controller not show up in Device Manager?: I had an Xbox Controller that was working on Tuesday. Yesterday, it stopped working. Yesterday, in Device Manager, it said "Device Descriptor Request Failed", and I followed several guides online...
  10. Why does my elite controller series two disconnect when wire isn’t plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my elite controller series two disconnect when wire isn’t plugged in: My elite series two controller keeps on disconnecting when the wire isn’t connected, I’ll be using it then suddenly I can’t move in my game or scroll on YouTube I look down and see the light...