Why does changing your gamertag on Xbox Live cost so much?

Discus and support Why does changing your gamertag on Xbox Live cost so much? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Charging AU$13 for a username change is a bit expensive, and we could all agree we would love it if either gamertag changes were free or the fees were... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Maori7, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Maori7
    Maori7 Guest

Charging AU$13 for a username change is a bit expensive, and we could all agree we would love it if either gamertag changes were free or the fees were cheaper. I could purchase a game with that $13, or at least put it to a better use. I don't understand
    why a lousy username change is worth that amount of money.

:)

Maori7, Aug 31, 2020
    1 person likes this.
  2. Smwutches Win User

Gamertag

3. Smwutches Win User

changing my gamertag

4. Jhonkito Win User

How much does changing your gamertag in Australia cost?

Hi WonkyTesti, my name is Jhon, and will be a pleasure help you

If this is your first time changing your gamertag, you can change it once for free. This is true whether we created it automatically when you first signed up for Xbox (that is, if you didn't choose it) or if you created your own gamertag when you signed up.

Your first gamertag change is free, regardless of the number of changes you have made in the past, before the update. Subsequent changes will cost the same as before ($9.99).

source of information:

https://www.laps4.com/preguntas-y-respuestas/cuanto-vale-el-cambio-de-gamertag
    Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

I hope the information I gave you has been useful, have a happy day.
  5. ngocphi Win User

WHY DOES IT COST MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR GAMERTAG?

Also therr would be more suspensions or no serious thought to names if it was free

If a forced name change occurs then the person try a similar name with the same offence it just incurs another forced name change and they never change their ways without thought

And too many of those will incur a permanent ban

Hence the cost people.wouldn't change their name everytime they see a new character they think about it first before spending 10 bucks

Or at least put serious thought into their names
  6. Rostom L Win User

WHY DOES IT COST MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR GAMERTAG?

Hi! I'm Rostom, an Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you here.

It's like the other games online, they require a payment to change the username or gamertag. We are only given a free change once. I believe this is to limit the abuse of changing gamertag and to not keep on changing it to allow other users claim their preferred gamertag.
Thema:

1. Why does changing your gamertag on Xbox Live cost so much? - Similar Threads - Why does changing

2. Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?: I am trying to play some black ops three zombies with my friends but I cannot join them because bo3 says my nat type is strict. But when I go to my Xbox's network settings it says open and all...
  3. Why does Microsoft make it impossible to change ownership of an Xbox account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does Microsoft make it impossible to change ownership of an Xbox account?: My kids were too young to have their own accounts on the Xbox, now they are teenagers and have spent alot of money and earned a bunch of achievements, but Microsoft says I can't transfer the...
  4. Why does this Xbox insist that I am in the United Kingdom and give me no option to change it??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does this Xbox insist that I am in the United Kingdom and give me no option to change it??: I just purchased the Xbox series x and throughout the setup I saw no where that I could have possibly told it that I was in the uk, but now that I am trying to set up a payment form for game pass,...
  5. Why does my mouse change colors when i die in PUBG

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my mouse change colors when i die in PUBG: Whenever I die in PUBG my mouse decides to change colors. It doesn't do it for any other game except PUBG. I have tried reinstalling it, verifying the files and all that stuff, but nothing. I...
  6. Why does my elite series 2 controller suddenly and randomly change direction

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my elite series 2 controller suddenly and randomly change direction: I bought a new Elite Series 2 Controller direct from Microsoft less than a month ago. With it I've put in over 200 hours into Starfield as well as a few hours into other games I play with my...
  7. Why does my account not allow me to change my primary alias to my gmail? normally this...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does my account not allow me to change my primary alias to my gmail? normally this...: We were unable to make ###@gmail.com your primary alias. Please try again later. This has been ongoing for nearly a month or more cf2aeaf8-61bc-4fd3-9b25-7d01e5aa7f91
  8. Why does it still show my old username when I changed it

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does it still show my old username when I changed it: I changed my name a week and a bit a go I thought it would show my new one how do I fix this problem I payed for it. 2449449b-c79a-453d-93ae-3dbd9750f39c
  9. Why does it say unexpected error when I try to change my privacy and safety thingy on my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does it say unexpected error when I try to change my privacy and safety thingy on my...: Whenever i try to change the account privacy and safety on my account (so i can play multiplayer on minecraft) it wont let me,A unexpected error just pops up, I've been trying to change it since...
  10. Why does my spotify change languages?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my spotify change languages?: So I had this problem happen only twice, 1 time yesterday and a lot of times tonight. So when I open the spotify tab (not open the actual app, I never open the app and only do so to add songs) my...