Why does an updating game never let you play in the meantime?

Discus and support Why does an updating game never let you play in the meantime? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Ive always had this problem. I am in a place where I have to update my xbox games via tethering from a smartphone, but have poor phone signal. it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by oteezy, Oct 3, 2020.

1. oteezy
    oteezy Guest

Ive always had this problem. I am in a place where I have to update my xbox games via tethering from a smartphone, but have poor phone signal. it sometimes takes me weeks to download a game. is there a way to update and still play
    the game without having to wait weeks?

:)

oteezy, Oct 3, 2020
  2. Miss Portia Win User

getting kicked of xbox live

Excellent, thank you so much for the update! Let us know if the issue continues, and in the meantime - game on. :)
  3. PalmettoBling Win User

xbox update

The game will still be there after the update. And it is a fun game. You also have the option to play it on PC, PS4, or Switch in the meantime.
  4. Mister Quimby Win User

Security bug after latest update - passcode set but not required to purchase!!!

Hey there REDDY71!

This does seem like an issue and we appreciate the information that you have provided. We will look into this issue and let you know as soon as we have more information to provide.

In the meantime, please keep us updated if an changes occur.
  5. AdamKronus Win User

Xbox One Turn off with Resident Evil 0 HD

Apparently, it's a gaming fault, not your Xbox. The best option is to wait for a patch update. In the meantime, have you ever played Celeste? :)
  6. Dirty Loco Win User

HALO 2:XBLA

It may happen. You never know. In the meantime, you could play the PC version of Halo 2.
Thema:

1. Why does an updating game never let you play in the meantime? - Similar Threads - Why does updating

2. Why does my Xbox One X no longer work after a recent update?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox One X no longer work after a recent update?: Planned Obsolescence. This is to drive revenue. There should be a lawsuit filed soon. Everyone can join in. I'll provide details. 1c74f1cd-4ba2-46e5-bb63-4b0c64c9622e
  3. Why does my game have to be closed for an update notification?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my game have to be closed for an update notification?: While this isn't the first time I've had this happen it was arguably the most inconvenient time for it. In the middle of battle in Baldur's Gate 3 on my Xbox Series X and I heard a noise so I...
  4. When I unplug my xbox to move it to a different room why does it need to update. It isn't...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I unplug my xbox to move it to a different room why does it need to update. It isn't...: When I unplug my xbox to move it to a different room why does it need to update. It isn't even a couple of minutes a6043f89-fec2-47c0-83d5-0d3bde358e8f
  5. Does anyone know why after fortnites recent update when I ready up, Fortnite freezes and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone know why after fortnites recent update when I ready up, Fortnite freezes and...: After fortnites new season update when I load the game everything is fine and normal. When the game loads everything is normal however as soon as I ready up the game crashes. Is this an xbox issue...
  6. Why does my xbox turn off when it starts the third update bar for the console, it just...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox turn off when it starts the third update bar for the console, it just...: Why does my xbox turn off when it starts the third update bar for the console, it just turns off and thats it then i have to restart the update every time 1c8704b4-da52-4e52-a310-f815f117ae43
  7. Why does my xbox update fail?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox update fail?: So I have a Xbox one and recently like 3 days ago it needed an update, I pressed update and it will only go up to 66% after that it says that there was an error and gives me 4 options, like...
  8. Why, after downloading updates does "finishing things up" take so long?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why, after downloading updates does "finishing things up" take so long?: Why, after downloading updates does "finishing things up" take so long? It pretty much negates having fast broadband. I just downloaded a 7.5gb update, it literally took longer "finishing things...
  9. Why does the update keep restarting when my xbox turns off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the update keep restarting when my xbox turns off: My Xbox says it needs an update. As soon as it gets close to finishing my Xbox turns off. Then when I turn it back on the update restarts. 4b68c3e5-79f9-4067-9b6c-9511a0833db2
  10. why does xbox say that there’s no usb connected to controller on the updating page when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does xbox say that there’s no usb connected to controller on the updating page when it...: i’m trying to update my controller and it said “connect one controller with a usb cable. keep any attached devices connected to the controller.” so i did and then i pressed “continue” and it said...