Why does a unknown epic games account keep linking its self to my Microsoft account?!

Discus and support Why does a unknown epic games account keep linking its self to my Microsoft account?! in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have been trying to play fortnite but I can’t play on my own account because a unknown epic games account with no data keeps linking its self to my... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by SuetyCoin1, Apr 1, 2023.

1. SuetyCoin1
    SuetyCoin1 Guest

Why does a unknown epic games account keep linking its self to my Microsoft account?!

I have been trying to play fortnite but I can’t play on my own account because a unknown epic games account with no data keeps linking its self to my Microsoft account. Something also really weird with this is the account has my accounts name! I have tried unlinking the account through the Microsoft website, it unlinked the account but after a few minutes it came back. I have tried this many times now and it does not work, I think I need a professional to unlink this random epic games account from “MY” xbox. I do not know who’s it is or where it came from but I need it off my xbox.

:)

SuetyCoin1, Apr 1, 2023
  2. SuetyCoin1 Win User

I think you misunderstood what I said. It is a “unknown” epic games account that keeps re-linking its self to my account without permission. I need “Microsoft” to permanently unlink it for me. Thanks for the help
  3. Ben4724 Win User

Hi! My name is Ben an Independent advisor and Xbox gamer like you. Hope you are doing well!

With regards to unlinking of Epic account from your Xbox account, it is actually the Epic games who can check what epic account could be linked to your Xbox acount.

Based on my experience, there are instances where an error might occur when you are removing an Epic account connected on your Xbox here on this link you will find the things needed in order for you to completely unlink it https://www.epicgames.com/help/en-US/epic-accou...

Now in case you encounter an error, you may refer to the next page https://www.epicgames.com/help/en-US/epic-accou... you will then see the steps here to unlink your account. Including option "Click here to try to remove a restriction." with a hyperlink that will direct you to remove it.

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

If ever you are still having trouble removing the Epic account out of your Xbox gamertag, I highly suggest to report it to Epic Games for them to further investigate the said epic account linked.

I hope the information and things to do next helps. Feel free to let us know here if you have further questions and we will try with the best of our knowledge to offer assistance.

Kind regards,

Ben
  4. KindGryphon Win User

How do I diconnect Epic Games account through Microsoft ?

I have an unknown Epic Games account connected to my Microsoft account and I want to disconnect it through Microsoft instead of signing into Epic Games because I don't know its login info. I tried disconnecting on the Microsoft Apps and Service tab, but it did not work, it just removed access and did not unlink it.

(I already tried logging in with my Xbox account on the Epic Games website and it said that the account is inactive.)

I am getting an Xbox soon, so I want to keep playing on my current Epic Games account.

I have looked around, but the only to disconnect is through Epic Games. Is there any other way that could do this or am I just stuck with a random account?
    The linking process is initiated from Epic Games side so unlinking would also have to happen from their end.
  5. Yineca Win User

fortnite

If you bought it with microsoft account and its linked to your epic games account it will be transferred
  6. andersonpassos Win User

Why do when I log into my Microsoft account it says my name but then I log in on epic game. It says my sister’s name on the account.

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

Good evening

Probably because on her sister's Epic Games account she linked her Microsoft account, and only Epic Games support can see that.

Unfortunately, the Microsoft account only has linked social network accounts, game accounts such as ubsoft, epic games, psn, are done in reverse, that is, the platform account is linked to the microsoft account, and microsoft does not have access accounts owned by other companies.

In your case, only the Company that owns the account (epc, ubsoft, sony, etc...) can help in this process since microsoft does not have access to either the process or the information.
Thema:

1. Why does a unknown epic games account keep linking its self to my Microsoft account?! - Similar Threads - Why does unknown

2. Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.: I'm not able to talk to my friends in a party chat while I'm on computer It pops up a message that states this "Background apps permissions for Xbox are turned off. Other may not be able to hear...
  3. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  4. Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?: I have a pair of speakers plugged into my Xbox One S using the optical port and sound only comes out one side. I’ve already verified that both speakers do work. I’ve tried changing a few settings...
  5. Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install: I bought Black Ops III and it’s been installing but it stopped at 93.8% and it said the disk may have been damaged or it is dirty. I cleaned it and put it back in to try again but when i put it in...
  6. Why does my series x do this

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my series x do this: since i got my series x whenever i turn it on and on the home screen it says connect to the xbox network after 10 to 30 seconds it connects by itself. Is this normal?...
  7. Why does xbox like shafting people

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does xbox like shafting people: I get home from a long days work and i turn on my console to see an update for the game i play. It installs then gets stuck at 1.2% finishing things up. I wait about 20 minutes for nothing to...
  8. Why does my x rocker chair when plugged it my household socket and turned on does it set...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my x rocker chair when plugged it my household socket and turned on does it set...: Why does my x rocker chair when plugged it in my household socket and turned on does it set sombodys house alarm start blaring thanks in advance 3446b748-880c-421d-b13b-a923768fc288
  9. Why does my Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000, Black work on my personal desktop but not work on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000, Black work on my personal desktop but not work on...: I work remote. My team can hear me on Zoom or Skype on my personal desktop. But in Citrix and the cati or whatever that software is that we use to do surveys, one or both of these aren't working...
  10. Why does my Xbox Discord stream not pick up my background music?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox Discord stream not pick up my background music?: I usually play games with Spotify or Soundcloud music playing in the background. Lately, I've decided to try streaming, first testing in my own server to see if it works. I realized if I listen...