Why do you need to pay 15$ for a NAME CHANGE.

Discus and support Why do you need to pay 15$ for a NAME CHANGE. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hello, I have an Xbox account and I used my one free name change to change my name to a joke but I wasn't informed that you had to pay for more nametag... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Creeper_Countryball, Dec 6, 2022.

1. Why do you need to pay 15$ for a NAME CHANGE.

Hello, I have an Xbox account and I used my one free name change to change my name to a joke but I wasn't informed that you had to pay for more nametag changes. I am stuck with a name that I didn't want because you decided to charge your consumers for a NAME CHANGE. This is outrageous! You are changing a name and you have to pay 15$!? At least inform us about the name change before you change your name! I am seriously considering leaving Xbox because of this issue.

submitted by /u/Creeper_Countryball
    [link] [comments]

/u/Creeper_Countryball, Dec 6, 2022
  2. ItzMelody7057 Win User

Names in xbox

But why do i need to pay 10 dollars to change my name, i dont find it fair. Why cant you all just change it so its free.

Why is it even such a big deal for you all in the first place. Why can you change exactly everything else but names for free?

It just feels really dumb :/

Correct me if im wrong but why in the world are you saying something untrue if you have unlimited knowledge, why do you say that i can change my name onces then change it again for free. It doesnt work like that i tried 5 Times to be exact and I need to pay, im confused.
  3. mo2s17 Win User

Silver Account Cancelation

[quote user="Fantasmagorical"]

Also do not tell me to activate this account, pay money to changes its gamertag, then pay money again to change my main account, cause thats not happening. All I need is for this account to be deactivated and deleted.

[/quote]

Upgrading this account to gold, paying to change the name and then paying to change your other name is the only way to do what you want to do. Why not just keep this silver account - they don't expire, and you can't deactivate
    it to free up the gamertag - and only pay to change the other one. You could easily substitute a zero for an "O" and a one for an "L."
  4. Smwutches Win User

Enforced name change/ sign in

Please don't bump old threads. If you need to know why you were given a forced name change, you would need to go to
    http://enforcement.xbox.com If you want a new name, you will need to pay to change it.
  5. oOUTSIDERo62 Win User

Randomized gamertag unintentionally inappropriate

Like I told you, the only forum that the PET looks at is the suspension forums. That forum is only for finding out why your were suspended, banned, or received a FNC, they will not address any other issue. You will still need to pay to change it regardless.
    Even if it is found that the random name you were given is offensive, you will only get another random name. You will not get a free name change to the one you want. Being that you will not likely like the new random name, and will still change it, I suggest
    that you just pay the fee and change your current name to something different. You will not get a free name change to one you choose, why go through all of this when you will still need to pay to change it anyway?
  6. brandiesel1 Win User

New Gamertag changes

Both are horrible decisions.

I wouldn't want to see a brandiesel2 or a brandiesel3 out in the wild.

What they need to do is let you use more than 15 characters and not charge you to change it. MS is literally the only company that charges you to change your screen name for a service you pay for. Its actually shocking.
Thema:

Why do you need to pay 15$ for a NAME CHANGE.

1. Why do you need to pay 15$ for a NAME CHANGE. - Similar Threads - Why need pay

2. Why is GTA V now saying I need a disc to play?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is GTA V now saying I need a disc to play?: I bought GTA V with the game pass and it was the electronic version where it downloaded onto my Xbox 1 without needing the hard copy disc and it worked perfectly fine but now it’s giving me an...
  3. why the **** do i need to delete my god damn microsoft account just to get rid of a xbox...

in XBoX Accessibility
    why the **** do i need to delete my god damn microsoft account just to get rid of a xbox...: the ''masterminds'' at microsoft decided to make the ''delete xbox account'' feature into a ''delete microsoft account and everything else that it is connected to'' feature and i want it gone as...
  4. Why is my game saying "sign in needed" even though I am already signed into the xbox app?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my game saying "sign in needed" even though I am already signed into the xbox app?: I am already signed into the xbox app and when i launch forza horizon 4 on my pc, it says "sign in needed". I have already tried redownloading the game and the xbox app as well as signing in and...
  5. Why do I need online to install many xbox one games like:

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I need online to install many xbox one games like:: Why do I need to install games via online like- Mass Effect Legendary Edition Planet Coaster Walking Dead Destinies Jurassic world Evolution 2 c6839a48-e4f5-42bf-8ab0-ad59478ae1af
  6. Why can’t I play a game I own, it says I need to renew game pass but I have the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I play a game I own, it says I need to renew game pass but I have the game: I played r6 through game pass, I decided to buy the game then I went to go on it after playing and it said I need to get game pass, I have tried uninstalling r6 rendering my Xbox and nothing is...
  7. When I unplug my xbox to move it to a different room why does it need to update. It isn't...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I unplug my xbox to move it to a different room why does it need to update. It isn't...: When I unplug my xbox to move it to a different room why does it need to update. It isn't even a couple of minutes a6043f89-fec2-47c0-83d5-0d3bde358e8f
  8. Why do I need to Buy Minecraft: Java Edition again?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I need to Buy Minecraft: Java Edition again?: [img] I just tried to log on to Minecraft and play some Java Edition while I am taking a break from work. The most peculiar thing pops up, "Buy Minecraft;" where the play button usually goes. I...
  9. Why me minecraft says that i need to pay? it was free

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why me minecraft says that i need to pay? it was free: So i found me old pc and it needed alot of updates and i found me minecraft i updated it and downloaded the launcher beacuse it needed it said and i dowloaded it and said PAY money but... it was...
  10. Why do i need to pay money to play games i own?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do i need to pay money to play games i own?: So i reinstalled minecraft (the launcher) but microsft will not allow me to play it unless i subscribe but i already own the game so why the hell do i need to pay in order to play a game i have...