Why do you make it impossible to disable game bar?

Discus and support Why do you make it impossible to disable game bar? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Why do you make users run gamebar when playing games? Why do you have the option in settings when it does not mean anything? Why does gamebar always... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by TK_GAMER, Jun 25, 2020.

1. TK_GAMER
    TK_GAMER Guest

Why do you make users run gamebar when playing games?

Why do you have the option in settings when it does not mean anything?

Why does gamebar always show up in task manager when disabled?

Why do you force the input lag (deny it all you want, but I feel it night and day when I turn it off) on users?

This complaint has been going on for YEARS!!! By multiple users. Just search. Same response. Turn it off in settings. Same response from users saying it does nothing. It still shows up like Jehovah's Witness. Great experience.

Average mom and pop that do not use task manager will never know that you have to manually end the task every time you load games (no matter what you select in the settings).

:)

TK_GAMER, Jun 25, 2020
  2. TK_GAMER Win User

Use these simple steps to disable the xbox game bar in Windows 10.

disable through Settings App.

1. Press Win + I or use other ways to open Windows Settings.
    2. Locate and select Gaming.
    3. Make sure Game bar is selected in the left panel.
    4. Find Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar in the right panel.
    5. Click the switch under it to turn it Off.

I hope this helps.
    As stated, I have it all disabled in settings. Still pops up for games.
  3. Tezzarrific Win User

4. Emanuele Artusi Win User

Hi TK_GAMER,

try to follow this guide: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-and-remove-game-bar-windows-10-creators-update (you
    can re-enable it if you want
    ).

If you have other questions or details please reply, we're here to help.
    I followed to the Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services but did not find a xbgm subfolder. Only thing with Start REG_DWORD with default 3 is xboxgip. Didn't change it as I do not know whether its the same folder renamed.

Try this: https://www.minitool.com/news/disable-windows-10-xbox-game-bar-001.html .
  5. MajorMC46 Win User

You might have to use the control panel to delete it on your computer but it's automatically installed I've deleted it but it hasn't been deleted but I don't think you can officially delete it.
  6. TK_GAMER Win User

Use these simple steps to disable the xbox game bar in Windows 10.

disable through Settings App.

1. Press Win + I or use other ways to open Windows Settings.
    2. Locate and select Gaming.
    3. Make sure Game bar is selected in the left panel.
    4. Find Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar in the right panel.
    5. Click the switch under it to turn it Off.

I hope this helps.
    As stated, I have it all disabled in settings. Still pops up for games.

I have a hard time believing you turned it off from recording clips and it stills shows up in game, I’ve yet to be able to replicate this while as I test this. Are you running the latest version of Windows?

I was running the latest version of 1903. Had tried to install 1909 to placate you. Repeated BSOD. Just finished resinstalling windows.
Thema:

1. Why do you make it impossible to disable game bar? - Similar Threads - Why impossible disable

2. Why is the xbox app so slow?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is the xbox app so slow?: I usually get 50 Megabits per second on everything else. But the Xbox app at max gets 700 Kibibytes. That is 5 Megabits per second. At this rate, my 113 GiB game will get done in a week. How is a...
  3. Why doesnt my xbox activity feed show when ive added someone anymore?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesnt my xbox activity feed show when ive added someone anymore?: Up until around 3 years ago, if you went on someone’s activity feed if they had added someone, it would say. I would like to know when ive added people so i would normally check the activity feed...
  4. Why are some of my previously purchased games not showing up?!?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are some of my previously purchased games not showing up?!?: Back when I had an xbox 360 I had bought or downloaded thru game pass, gta 5 and multiple other games digitally, I now have an xbox x, I've logged in with the same account and gta 5 along with a...
  5. The new double-wide "happening now" thing is hideous, and nobody liked it, so why are you...

in XboX Insiders
    The new double-wide "happening now" thing is hideous, and nobody liked it, so why are you...: What's the point of the insider program if you don't even listen to the feedback? This sub has nearly a million subscribers, but typically, around 30 people browsing it at any given time, if...
  6. Why does Microsoft make it impossible to change ownership of an Xbox account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does Microsoft make it impossible to change ownership of an Xbox account?: My kids were too young to have their own accounts on the Xbox, now they are teenagers and have spent alot of money and earned a bunch of achievements, but Microsoft says I can't transfer the...
  7. Why is it impossible to speak to anyone at Microsoft???

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is it impossible to speak to anyone at Microsoft???: I am trying to get a refund on a game and its impossible to speak to anyone. The refund was denied and I don't understand why! cb1b9a81-885e-48d6-bfbf-85741795aa79
  8. Why downloading apps on miscorsft store is impossible?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why downloading apps on miscorsft store is impossible?: Hi I wanted to play game called Sea of thieves, but when I started instaling this game nothing happend... I checked in library to find what is going on? And I found out that the status of the game...
  9. why is it near impossible to get my Xbox console captures over to my Windows 11 PC?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why is it near impossible to get my Xbox console captures over to my Windows 11 PC?: when i used windows 10 i would just use the Xbox Console Companion app, but of course some one unqualified or just brainless got to make final choice on upgrading the app to something that gives...
  10. Why is it impossible to recover a hacked account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is it impossible to recover a hacked account?: My microsoft account was hacked, and the email changed. The fact there is 0 support at microsoft and it is incredibly hard to reacy even xbox support make it hard enough already, but on top of...