Why do parental consent keeps popping up when I’m a member of the account l?

Discus and support Why do parental consent keeps popping up when I’m a member of the account l? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I haven’t had an Xbox for years just got an Series S when I try to purchase a game pass a message about needing an adult appear... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Shamira Griffin, Mar 9, 2023.

1. Why do parental consent keeps popping up when I’m a member of the account l?

I haven’t had an Xbox for years just got an Series S when I try to purchase a game pass a message about needing an adult appear

:)

Shamira Griffin, Mar 9, 2023
  2. Ben4724 Win User

Hi! My name is Ben an Independent Advisor and hope you are doing well.

With regards to your issue, possible that your account has been detected or setup as a child when it was first created that's why it has been detected when you are trying to buy a subscription.

When you said you are a member of the account, do you mean you are added as a member on the Microsoft family page? A parent account is the only one who can change the settings or date of birth of a child's account or remove restrictions. Since your account must have been created as a child we will need to have a parent supervised it. Let me guide you how:

1. You will need an alternate account that will serve as a parent. If you don't have one you can create at https://signup.live.com page.

2. Using the parent account sign in via https://account.microsoft.com/family page and add your Xbox email address or account as a Member/Child.

3. Accept the invitation using your Xbox account email.

4. Using the parent account, go to the https://account.microsoft.com/family page again to manage the child account.

5. Under the child account, click elipsis or 3 dots button and choose the Manage option.

There you may change the date of birth of your main account and remove any restrictions such as purchase permission. Once done, just restart your console or device and check if there are still restrictions.

I hope the above steps work for you but if not, please do let us know so we can further assist.

Kind regards,

Ben
  3. CarTzy Win User

Unable to create outlook.com email accounts for my kids.

Hello Manimaran U R

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum.

I can see that you are having trouble creating a Child account. Let me see how I can assist you with this concern.

I would like to know which platform are you using to create the child account.

Meanwhile, here are links below that will provide us guide with the issue that you are experiencing right now.

Why you're being asked for parental consent

Why you're being asked for parental consent | Xbox Support

Create a child account and add family members on Xbox

Create a child account and add family members on Xbox | Xbox Support

Troubleshoot giving parental consent when creating a child account

Troubleshoot giving parental consent when creating a child account | Xbox Support

Waiting for your next response.

Thank you.
  4. CarTzy Win User

Children's xbox accounts

5. XBF Javier R Win User

XBox Child Profile

Hello LK,

We understand that you're experiencing an issue concerning the inability to approve permissions when prompted to do so, as error occurs when doing so.

We would like to suggest that if the parent account has not yet been added to the Xbox One console, that it be added and that all family members are showing up be checked within the family section of the console.

It might be best to also follow the information provided through our parental consent and Microsoft
    child accounts
    support article.

Try these and let us know if this works.

Best wishes!
  6. Boombaa Win User

Help me please

Thema:

1. Why do parental consent keeps popping up when I’m a member of the account l? - Similar Threads - Why parental consent

2. Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11 (RE:)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11 (RE:): The Sign-in Window or Pop-Up is automatically Close in games and app. When i Click Sign-in inside an app or Game It closes quickly So Even I cant Type Anything. I Tested So Many Apps And That Are...
  3. Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty: Last week, I sent my Elite Two controller for repair because the buttons started to wear down. However, after getting it back, one of the pads (P2) is unresponsive and requires very hard presses...
  4. Why do I keep getting disconnected from forza horizon 5 servers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I keep getting disconnected from forza horizon 5 servers: For the past three days I have been constantly being disconnected from Forza horizon five servers with a message that says you have been disconnected from the server. Please try again later for...
  5. Why do I still need parent permission?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why do I still need parent permission?: I just bought the Xbox series s and I tried to download rainbow six siege but I said I need parent permission. I already left my xbox/Microsoft family and I am a organiser. Please help me remove...
  6. why can't I open fh4 auction and it always says about parental control

in XBoX Accessibility
    why can't I open fh4 auction and it always says about parental control: I just bought a new laptop and I bought fh4 on steam and its linked to my new xbox account that i make. how do I deactivate my family safety permanetly 2422220d-4fd9-4872-ae8c-43bc3fc1f02c
  7. Why does Microsoft’s parental controls suck so bad? I have a theory that it is the poor...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does Microsoft’s parental controls suck so bad? I have a theory that it is the poor...: I think the identity management systems are terrible. Maybe they could write and API to Google. 4df3d1a3-fd3b-48a8-9559-3bc2c7f0a3b2
  8. Why can't parent's reset child's password - this feature must be re-added to MS Family!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't parent's reset child's password - this feature must be re-added to MS Family!: I recently set up two microsoft accounts specifically for our under 10 kids to play minecraft on the Switch. Of course since they (and I) don't log into their accounts after verifying on devices...
  9. why can a parent add money to their child’s Microsoft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    why can a parent add money to their child’s Microsoft account: why can a parent add money to their child’s Microsoft account if it not letting you add money e974ba10-1168-414a-99dd-f621cee7d340
  10. i recently bought an xbox 360 used, it has parental controls how to disable them and why my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i recently bought an xbox 360 used, it has parental controls how to disable them and why my...: i recently bought an xbox 360 used, it has parental controls, i have no clue of what they are. what could i do? the hdd also says it has 120gb on the top, but when going to the space, it only...