Why do my USB ports just randomly stop powering my plugged in stuff?

Discus and support Why do my USB ports just randomly stop powering my plugged in stuff? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; For some reason my USB ports just stop powering everything that's plugged in. I don't want to hear try cleaning it or make sure to it's plugged in... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GarethEvs, Jan 18, 2023.

1. GarethEvs
    GarethEvs Guest

For some reason my USB ports just stop powering everything that's plugged in. I don't want to hear try cleaning it or make sure to it's plugged in because I've done the best to my ability I've watched countless videos. Is the system faulty? because they all go off at the same time.

:)

GarethEvs, Jan 18, 2023
  2. JoshTejada Win User

Xbox Elite controller randomly disconnects despite being plugged into PC via cable.

I have tried plugging the controller into the USB 3.0 port as it was previously plugged into the USB 2.0 port. It still presents with some issues and the game randomly stops accepting inputs.
  3. WUIJIBOBO Win User

Elite Series 2 Controller

Sorry to piggy back onto this question, but where do you have the charger plugged into? If I plug it into my XboxOne X, will the USB port stay powered even if the XB1 is shut off?
    The USB ports will still be receiving power if the console is set to "instant on", so if you turn the console off when it's still in "instant on" mode, you'll still be able to charge stuff using the USB cables. I'm not sure if a controller will still charge
    if the Xbox One console is fully powered down though.
  4. DestinJones Win User

Issue with new Arctis 9x and xbox keyboard

The keyboard itself plugs into my controller and the usb, I have plugged into the usb port on the front of my xbox series x. When using the keyboard, the keyboard works but the mic stops working.
  5. DaveSegala Win User

Xbox 360 usb ports live all the time even when Xbox 360 is off?

The USB ports should not be live if the console is off. AFAIK, the 360 does not have an instant on feature so that would mean there is no power to the components.
    weird my passport drive is running when plugged into the 360's usb with the 360 powered off.

should my passport external usb drive come on when plugged in to rear usb port on the Xbox 360S?
  6. TMX boxburn Win User

USB gadgets!

As long as the USB devices are not trying to modify the console in any way then they are fine. The most a USB fan will do is suck some power out of the console and will not warrant you a ban. Just remember not to plug in multiple power draining devices into
    a single USB port to prevent damage to the port or the console.
Thema:

1. Why do my USB ports just randomly stop powering my plugged in stuff? - Similar Threads - Why USB ports

2. Hello I was wondering why don't you have support for USB mics

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello I was wondering why don't you have support for USB mics: It would make it much easier if you did a system update on USB mics to make them compatible please make them compatible e38b28f6-e4e7-4cb9-b9d2-998b2cb7574d
  3. Why is my xbox not detecting my usb after trying to do 3 offline updates

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox not detecting my usb after trying to do 3 offline updates: recently my xbox one x hard drive has failed, i have purchased a new one, i formatted the new hdd and plugged it into the console, i made a usb, formatted to ntfs, installed osu1, i tried doing...
  4. Why does all three of my USB ports keep turning off and on again when the xbox is on?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does all three of my USB ports keep turning off and on again when the xbox is on?: It's as if all three USB ports just cut out. Which is a major inconvenience if I'm playing a game on an external hardrive or using a wired controller. All of this whilst my xbox is turned on btw....
  5. why am I not allowed to start games on my series s through my USB hard drive, they charge...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why am I not allowed to start games on my series s through my USB hard drive, they charge...: I got a hard drive in just to test if it would let me install more stuff and it showed 1tb on the storage space thing, I thought it was all set up but apparently I can't play the games by the USB...
  6. Why can i connect my usb headset to my Xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can i connect my usb headset to my Xbox series s: I trued everything c48003aa-d39a-44ca-8765-46e3e2d704fa
  7. Stealth 600 Gen 2 USB headset has NO life, why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Stealth 600 Gen 2 USB headset has NO life, why?: Gen 2 USB headset and all of sudden it won't turn on, won't charge, and won't connect to the windows app on my computer. No lights, no charging, no power, and when plugged directly into computer,...
  8. Why does my Xbox controller only connect via USB cable?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox controller only connect via USB cable?: My controller was working fine up until maybe an hour prior to this post. I've updated it, there seems to be no external issue I can see. Whenever the batteries are in it slowly flashes twice like...
  9. Why is the gen x console so expensive but built cheap compared to latest console. The USB...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is the gen x console so expensive but built cheap compared to latest console. The USB...: How do I go about fixing the USB port to my son's gen x console and how much is the cost. It's only been 8 months and already broken while old console is strong and still going?...
  10. why does xbox say that there’s no usb connected to controller on the updating page when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does xbox say that there’s no usb connected to controller on the updating page when it...: i’m trying to update my controller and it said “connect one controller with a usb cable. keep any attached devices connected to the controller.” so i did and then i pressed “continue” and it said...