Why do my Ubisoft games crash when i open them through steam?

Discus and support Why do my Ubisoft games crash when i open them through steam? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; A few months ago bought rainbow six siege and i played it for around 8 hours (multiple sessions) before it just never worked again. I gave up trying to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by swebby2, May 7, 2024.

1. swebby2
    swebby2 Guest

A few months ago bought rainbow six siege and i played it for around 8 hours (multiple sessions) before it just never worked again. I gave up trying to fix it because I seemed to be the only one to have the problem on the internet. A few days ago I downloaded Trackmania and when I launched it, the same issue happened. The issue in both cases was that when I try to open either of them, Ubisoft connect opens and my pc gets a blue screen after a few seconds of loading. The error message is CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT.

I've tried so many things to try to fix it such as:

• updating/reinstalling graphic drivers
    • reinstalling the games
    • reinstalling the anticheat (BattleEye)
    • putting the game to High Priority
    • Changing some settings in the bios and after figuring out that it wasn't the issue, changing them back
    • updating windows,
    • reinstalling windows,
    • changing my SSD from MBR to GPT
    I've probably done some more things to try to fix it and I just don't remember all of them.

Also my computer has never had any issues similar to this. It even run games like valorant at a comfortable 240 fps and other games at a really decent fps too.

My specs are:

• CPU: intel i9 12900k
    • Motherboard: aorus z690
    • GPU: 2070 super
    • 64 gb corsair ram with speed of 3200MHz

If you have any idea or questions dont hesitate to respond. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

:)

swebby2, May 7, 2024
  2. Tezzarrific Win User

Starting XBOX app on PC will automatically start the EA app as well

xbox app does not launch the ea app on my pc, neither does it launch ubisoft or anything else even though all of them are connected, why because i blocked it from doing so, Microsoft have the most intrusive software on the planet.

they should be like steam, if i start an ea game then it launches ea lite, and when the game finishes it auto closes.
  3. VAClemor Win User

Forza Horizon 4 Steam version crashing on start up

I have the same issue when every I try to join my friends I crash automatically. My game is through steam and their game is though Xbox store
  4. Tezzerrific Win User

Windows 11: How do I avoid reinstalling an already Installed game from Steam ( which is a part of EA Play ) on the xbox game pass?

that is unusual as i do this all the time with my games, i even swap them over to epic or back and forth too between epic, EA, steam and GOG, even ubisoft.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Origin and Steam

However, I did buy Battlefront 2 (EA one) and it's installed on steam but shows up on origin as unpurchased.
    It says 'Steam' under the Battlefield 4 game picture on your Origin App. This means to install the game, you need to use the Steam app. When the game runs it will launch the Origin App automatically. This is the way all EA games purchased via Steam will look on your Origin app.

It's like my Ubisoft app. Games that I have bought directly via Ubisoft and are either installed or not currently installed, will show here, but Ubisoft games that I purchased via Steam do not show on this app, unless they are installed via Steam first.

Hope that makes sense.
  6. usernameunavailable5 Win User

Starting XBOX app on PC will automatically start the EA app as well

Hi,

EA games have to be launched directly via the EA in order to play them. If you launch them on the Xbox App, the EA app will need to run as well to launch the game. This is standard practice with PC launchers.

For example I own Mass Effect purchased via Steam. But, even if I launch it with Steam, it still loads the EA app. In which case I just launch it from the EA app instead.
    Hi,

yea I know. When I start a Ubisoft game via steam, the Ubisoft launcher starts. It does not start automatically the moment I start steam.

However, for the XBOX app the EA launcher will start as soon as I start the xbox app, not once I start an EA game.

Right now I don't even have an EA game installed (not via xbox, not outside of it). The EA app only starts if I open the XBOX app.
Thema:

1. Why do my Ubisoft games crash when i open them through steam? - Similar Threads - Why Ubisoft games

2. Why Didn’t I get a conformation email for a purchase I made?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why Didn’t I get a conformation email for a purchase I made?: I tried to purchase an xbox controller on the Microsoft website, saw that I got charged for it, but never received a conformation email for it. I tried calling customer support and after 2 hours...
  3. Why Am I Receiving A Failed To Do Action

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why Am I Receiving A Failed To Do Action: Hi so I read earlier about someone having this same issue but it been xbox with PC but Me and my boyfriend are both on pc. Ive checked literally every setting possible and have invites enabled,...
  4. Why does minecraft 3ds not get updates

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does minecraft 3ds not get updates: Plz help why does minecraft 3ds not get updates 84a5c3e4-6b97-4bc5-8702-59eed95cb908
  5. Why can't I send a friend request using the xbox app?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I send a friend request using the xbox app?: Is there something wrong with my account that's blocking me from send a friend request? Please help me solve this issue 05ee4fb6-b8ba-4d95-b3d8-3cdcc043efa9
  6. Why no optimisation of SSD/HDD and cleaning of RAM/VRAM?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why no optimisation of SSD/HDD and cleaning of RAM/VRAM?: Why no optimisation of SSD/HDD and cleaning of RAM/VRAM? I have an almost new Xbox Series X bought from MS and i tis **** for FM23. Totally due to filling up with ****. If I use the REFRESH...
  7. Why do I get sign in status has changed or you must be signed into Xbox Live While I am...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I get sign in status has changed or you must be signed into Xbox Live While I am...: Why do I get sign-in status has changed or you must be signed in to Xbox Live While I am playing a game 9be15736-d615-41de-b546-eca9f54c24a9
  8. why cant i download assassins creed mirage on ubisoft plus?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why cant i download assassins creed mirage on ubisoft plus?: i bought ubisoft plus to play assassins creed mirage as it was advertised that you could play but all i can do is download the deluxe packs not the actual game, can anyone help?...
  9. Why does my Series S force me to buy the game pass before playing Ubisoft games (trivial...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Series S force me to buy the game pass before playing Ubisoft games (trivial...: I have owned these Ubisoft games for at least a year and have played online with friends without any issues, but now when I launch them and go to start an online game it brings up the game pass...
  10. why when i try to install watch dogs 2 from the game pass it ask me to install the ubisoft...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why when i try to install watch dogs 2 from the game pass it ask me to install the ubisoft...: hello, i have a problem when trying to install watch dogs 2 from the pc game pass, when i press the download bouton, it tells me to install the ubisoft connect app, but i already have it, i...