Why do my headset and controller randomly drop connection?

Discus and support Why do my headset and controller randomly drop connection? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have done every single piece of troubleshooting available for my console, headset, and controller. Without fail and without rhyme or reason, my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TrevorSuave, Nov 30, 2022.

1. TrevorSuave
    TrevorSuave Guest

I have done every single piece of troubleshooting available for my console, headset, and controller. Without fail and without rhyme or reason, my controller and headset will simultaneously lose connection when I'm playing a multiplayer game. This issue affects none of my friends, only me. I'm unable to process a service request for my Xbox console for unknown reasons but I feel it has to be the console at this point as I've done everything (I'm now on my 3rd headset and 6th controller).

:)

TrevorSuave, Nov 30, 2022
  2. TrevorSuave Win User

Thank you for your assistance Josef. I had to play around with the type of issue I'm submitting for service and was finally able to get through but, because it's out of warranty, it only allows for a $299 repair option. Do you know of any alternatives?

I have an Xbox Series X.
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi Trevor, another option if you want to get the console serviced is check in the closest authorized retailer in your city or where original parts are used
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this TrevorSuave

I don't like to give bad news but if the problem is happening no matter which controller or wireless headset you use, seems to be an issue with the console itself

In your case the best option is open a repair request for your console, however you say that you can't proceed

May I know what happens exactly when you try to do that?

And, what console do you have?
  5. Chris Rein Win User

Controller won't sync

Aka Scratch, that's a big problem if you are using Smartglass on a tablet or phone, which makes me wonder if that is why my controller drops randomly on a fresh charge of play and charge batteries...even connected via cable.
  6. WARRIOR I M Win User

Bluetooth headset?

Idk why they did 2004 wifi for the controllers and not bluetooth like the PS3 did back in 2006. Bluetooth has as big a connection range as you'd want. Now if I go into my kitchen my headset and controller drop out for my 360. Why stick w/an obsolete technology?
Thema:

1. Why do my headset and controller randomly drop connection? - Similar Threads - Why headset controller

2. Why won’t my headset connect?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won’t my headset connect?: I tried to join a party via the xbox game bar on my PC, because all of my friends are on their xbox’s, I’m getting audio from my games but it won’t connect to the xbox app, I tried going through...
  3. Xbox headset is acting up and I can't figure out why

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox headset is acting up and I can't figure out why: I got it a month ago (not wireless btw) and it seemed to work completely fine, I use it for gaming and I had no issues hearing others or my mic for how my voice sounded. Until now I first tested...
  4. Why do I only hear background noises on my headset and no voices?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I only hear background noises on my headset and no voices?: This problem started a week ago out of no where. I can only hear background sounds and little to no voices or footsteps. I have cleaned out my headset jack, tried my headset on another device...
  5. Why is my headset not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my headset not working: Hi I bought this ear force recon chat headset it dosent work in my Xbox controller but if i plug it in a different controller it works also if i plug in a different headset it works on my...
  6. Why does my Xbox 3.5mm Xbox-brand headset stop working after a few days

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox 3.5mm Xbox-brand headset stop working after a few days: For some reason my Xbox mic sound will be hearable but only for myself. This happens when my mic/controller is idle for a while (I guess) but it makes no sense. No it’s not a setting, it’s not...
  7. Why do I lose Atmos surround sound when I plug a headset into my wired controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I lose Atmos surround sound when I plug a headset into my wired controller?: The moment I plug my headset in to my Razer Wolverine V2 controller the sound mode on my XBOX changes the audio output to stereo uncompressed. The sound output cannot be changed back to any type...
  8. Why does my controller disconnect when I connect my wireless turtle beach headset to my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller disconnect when I connect my wireless turtle beach headset to my...: When I connect my wireless headset it assigns to my controller/profile. While I’m playing certain games (nba 2k24) it will disconnect my controller as if it’s not on but the controller will still...
  9. Why doesn’t game sound come through my headset when my controller is on a wire?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn’t game sound come through my headset when my controller is on a wire?: It works with batteries, it’s just when I plug the wire in 0da6a4a9-e2ca-42ee-92e0-2c85881cb24d
  10. Why is my dpad controlling my headset audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my dpad controlling my headset audio: [mod removed - personal information] 4f10801b-3309-4bc0-b1c9-b8c5f865a905