Why do my downloads slow over time

Discus and support Why do my downloads slow over time in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When I start a download on my series x I get about 500mbps but over time it slows down and I have to pause it to speed it up again anyone know why?... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MadMax12150, Apr 27, 2023.

1. MadMax12150
    MadMax12150 Guest

When I start a download on my series x I get about 500mbps but over time it slows down and I have to pause it to speed it up again anyone know why?

:)

MadMax12150, Apr 27, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi there!

Most likely, it's an issue with your network device or router. There must be some kind of limitation from your router configuration. To isolate the issue, if your console is connected wirelessly, try connecting it hardwired. Or you could use a different router.

Try to power cycle both your console and router. Turn them off and unplug them from the power source and wait for at least 5 minutes before turning them back on.

You may as well try to factory reset your router if possible.
  3. Malacath Win User

BF4 taking over 7 hours to get to 12% installation

It does matter how fast your internet connection is.

Title updates for the xbox one are massive compared to what they are for the xbox 360.

Part of the installation time is the time it takes to download the updates. If you have a slow connection or if you are on a congested wifi channel your installation will take ages.

It is now quite common for game updates to be hundreds of megabytes in size. On a slow connection this will cause downloads to take hours. Average update for 360 is less than 6MB. On xbox one they often over 600MB. I think BF4 was over 900MB when I last
    updated it.

That's why I asked for your download speed. If your download speed is slow then that will be the reason. If your download speed is fast then there will be some other problem.
  4. john786786 Win User

The Xbox One Has Been A Disappointment So Far

@Hellfire

It makes total sense.

XBL will not max out my connection on a single download.

Therefore downloading 3 simultaneously will do/come close, therefore its faster than just downloading 1 thing at a time..

Why is that so hard of a concept to grasp when I have stated several times XBL is slow....
  5. Kasi Cage Win User

Anyone else going all Digital?

Never!

Why? Because i like my Collection of Consoles and Games! I don't have any Problems in changing a Disc to play another Game and at the moment the Internet here is to slow to Download Games with over 40 GB.
  6. Auswulf Win User

Xbox lagging, but shows full bars!

Turn your modem off and let it cool down. Modems are not designed to be left on all the time. With your ISP do you have a download limit? If you have gone over your download some ISP's will slow down your connection.
Thema:

1. Why do my downloads slow over time - Similar Threads - Why downloads slow

2. Why am I having issues with downloading and connectivity despite being connected to the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why am I having issues with downloading and connectivity despite being connected to the...: For a bit of context this issue has been going on for the last few days. My series X is connected to the internet with an Ethernet cord. I have run all of the network tests and they all show that...
  3. Why can't I download PS4 minecraft add-on's?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I download PS4 minecraft add-on's?: Today, I tried to download some minecraft bedrock edition addons, but it keeps coming up with a message that reads "you do not have space available on your PS4 system to download (insert add on...
  4. Why does my Xbox disconnect from 5g WiFi when I’m downloading games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox disconnect from 5g WiFi when I’m downloading games?: When I am downloading a game, my Xbox will hold a 105+ mbps download speed. But starting a couple of months ago, my Xbox randomly disconnects from the WiFi only when I’m downloading games. Does...
  5. Why is it that every Minecraft skin I download off the internet is basically "not a skin"...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is it that every Minecraft skin I download off the internet is basically "not a skin"...: Why is it that every Minecraft skin I download off the internet is basically "not a skin" in game? I've tried every skin I can, and all of them aren't considered skins....
  6. Why can't I download games on xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I download games on xbox series x: So one day I turned my xbox on to see that two games are updating but they've both stopped and will not go past a certain percentage. So I cleared the que to start again only to find now that any...
  7. why is my xbox app downloading so slow?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why is my xbox app downloading so slow?: It appears that the Microsoft store is limiting my downloads speeds on the Xbox app and the EA app. Any help?? 947a66a5-5c27-40e9-80a9-9c4061330229
  8. Why is battlefield 2042 not available download for xbox one but is telling me to down load...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is battlefield 2042 not available download for xbox one but is telling me to down load...: I am being told that battlefield 2042 is unavailable to down load through the xbox box game pass despite owning the ultimate pass. I am told that the one version is not available for my console...
  9. Why is my xbox app download speed slow when my steam download isn't?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox app download speed slow when my steam download isn't?: When I download games on steam I get 600-700 mb/s but on the xbox app it's 10-15 mb/s. Is there a way I can fix this? 1064198c-bf5f-40a1-86d4-13c59c99fce1
  10. Why are Game and update download speeds so slow?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are Game and update download speeds so slow?: I literally just ran a speed test through xbox. And it clocked in at 437mb/s. Why is a game update only loading at less than 30mbps? Its stuck at kbps now. Great c5d692de-3091-4666-8e83-66b272431761