Why do I still need Xbox live to play free to play games

Discus and support Why do I still need Xbox live to play free to play games in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hey, Microsoft literally released a article apologizing for making free to play games like fortnite still needing an Xbox live subscription. That... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by TremblesBuff, Apr 7, 2021.

1. TremblesBuff
    TremblesBuff Guest

Hey, Microsoft literally released a article apologizing for making free to play games like fortnite still needing an Xbox live subscription. That statement was about a few months ago and my Xbox live gold expired the other day. I thought it was okay to play fortnite, apex and stuff but when I went in the game, it needed me to pay for a subscription. Its literally been months and u still have to pay to play online for free to play games

No Changes to Xbox Live Gold Pricing, Free-to-Play Games to be Unlocked [Update] - Xbox Wire

were these ppl capping? or is this still a work in process?

:)

TremblesBuff, Apr 7, 2021
  2. ngocphi Win User

Apparently you didn't read the article corrextly

They didn't apologize for not making it free

They were talking about price raising of gold inline with psn plus which people rejected

They just making it free to follow inline with psn and switch for free 2 play games psn is still more then xbox live and still ps5 is still lacking apps
  3. Smwutches Win User

It's still a work in progress.
  4. SadAndSadder Win User

Apex Legends not working

why do I need xbox live gold to play apex legend when it is free to play...……. pc and ps4 don't need any psn to play free games
    You need Xbox live to play any online game at all
  5. zCalibre Win User

Apex Legends not working

why do I need xbox live gold to play apex legend when it is free to play...……. pc and ps4 don't need any psn to play free games
  6. ThorX360 Win User

Why we need xbox live for free games?

I wanna know why xbox is the only platform need xbox live to play free games like fortnite and apex

but in ps4 or pc they don't need that you can play free games without plus

I dont get it why we need to pay to play free games??

I hope they remove xbox live for free games
    This is a common question and every time I'd rather focus the attention on one fact: Xbox Live Gold is not only for gaming. It offers multiple services (with high quality) that everyone uses when connecting to Xbox Live (party, social feature, clubs, LFG,etc).
    That's why MS decided to require a payment for online gaming, even if a game is free-to-play.
Thema:

1. Why do I still need Xbox live to play free to play games - Similar Threads - Why still need

2. Why is city skylines 2 still not available on Xbox even though it is spring 2024.

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is city skylines 2 still not available on Xbox even though it is spring 2024.: I’m confused about the fact that we’re half way through April and we still have not heard any news about city skylines 2 coming to Xbox series x/s. We were told early spring 2024, but nothing has...
  3. Why is the Xbox app still crashing?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is the Xbox app still crashing?: The response thread provided to my previous question did not alleviate my problem. I've repaired, reset, windows store app troubleshot, uninstalled, insured my firewall was allowing it through,...
  4. WHY IS THIS STILL A THING 2 YEARS LATER?!?!?!

in XBoX on Consoles
    WHY IS THIS STILL A THING 2 YEARS LATER?!?!?!: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/please-fix-the-xbox-series-2-elite-controller/6d6ede9e-9057-4e58-adde-09210e6ab9f0 This is completely RIDICULOUS. This is the same issue that I...
  5. Why is my refund request still on approved?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is my refund request still on approved?: I requested a refund for a game and it was approved, however I still own the game and my money was not returned. 55a81890-f857-4742-91b8-92f5fef4a478
  6. Why my game still shows voice chat restrictions but I haven't said anything bad

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why my game still shows voice chat restrictions but I haven't said anything bad: I don't really understand why it's still doing it. 9c098a46-b81d-4583-8c63-99ceac2718cc
  7. Why is my xbox logo still on when I turned my xbox off it's still running but I turned it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox logo still on when I turned my xbox off it's still running but I turned it...: I don't understand why my logo was on even tho I turned it off 461f5bfd-9384-443d-94d1-2535360ca4d1
  8. I want to ask, why if i dont use my xbox and is still on it get darker and show me...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I want to ask, why if i dont use my xbox and is still on it get darker and show me...: When I don't pulse any button in my for 2 or 3 minutes then it gets darker the screen and shows me notifications and I want to know if u can cancel that e6528e8d-81ac-4f8e-9aff-bc48813a5bee
  9. Why do I still need parent permission?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why do I still need parent permission?: I just bought the Xbox series s and I tried to download rainbow six siege but I said I need parent permission. I already left my xbox/Microsoft family and I am a organiser. Please help me remove...
  10. Why does it say I still need to buy game pass for Dead by Daylight after I already bought...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does it say I still need to buy game pass for Dead by Daylight after I already bought...: I bought Dead by Daylight for 32$ and it says that I will need to pay an extra 16.99$ for a month of game pass just to play it for one month 1cb41d18-7df9-4bb7-9003-824a081915f0