Why do I open the game after downloading minecraft win10 in XBOX, but it shows "Preview"

Discus and support Why do I open the game after downloading minecraft win10 in XBOX, but it shows "Preview" in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Why do I open the game after downloading minecraft win10 in XBOX, but it shows "Preview" 86507ac0-ebcd-4697-8e61-f2df2c408647 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MaJiao, Jan 8, 2023.

1. MaJiao
    MaJiao Guest

Why do I open the game after downloading minecraft win10 in XBOX, but it shows "Preview"

:)

MaJiao, Jan 8, 2023
  2. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good afternoon

It looks like you are trying to play the Windows 10 edition of Minecraft on your Xbox, but the game is showing up as "Preview" when you launch it.

There are a few potential reasons for this:

You may be trying to play the "Minecraft for Windows 10" version of the game, which is a separate version of the game that is designed for PC and tablets running Windows 10. This version of the game is not available for Xbox and cannot be played on the console.

You may have downloaded the "Minecraft for Xbox One" version of the game, which is the console version of Minecraft that is designed for Xbox One and Xbox Series consoles. This version of the game may show up as "Preview" if you are playing it before its official release.

You may be using the Xbox Game Pass subscription service, which allows you to access a library of games on your console. If you are using Game Pass to access Minecraft, the game may show up as "Preview" until you purchase it or until the game leaves the Game Pass library.
  3. Degniol Win User

Ark Survival Evolved windows 10 edition won't start on my pc

Have you checked for Win10 updates on the laptop? I when I play on the laptop had problems with some games that did not open, updated Win10 and returned to work normally. Good luck!
    Thanks for the reply, unfortunately this does not seem to be the problem because in the windows update settings no updates show up after scan
  4. IAmProjectAlice Win User

Problem with Xbox live arcade game.

hi do you do a licence transfer after swapping consoles, that is why the minecraft game is showing as a demo only
  5. SLoneTiger Win User

Need to buy Minecraft again after migration?

Can confirm what SamRedge said, using the Win 7/8 launcher and using my microsoft credentials shows Minecraft Java Edition ready to play.

You can get the Win 7/8 Launcher at: https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/download

The issue is the Win10 launcher not the users.

Microsoft XBox staff need to update the user profiles to show that those that migrated own minecraft java edition in latest Win10 launcher / profiles.
  6. Hoskayra Win User

Why cant i use minecraft shaders

There are two main reasons why you cannot buy or download shaders in Minecraft for Xbox Series S:

The function is still in development. The support for Shaders was added in the preview of Minecraft in Xbox in March 2023, but is not yet available in the full version of the game.
    Minecraft image for Xbox Series SSE opens in a new window

Microsoft has said that you are working to improve the support for Shaders in Minecraft for Xbox Series S. Microsoft may add the purchase of shaders to the Minecraft market in the future, but there is still no specific date for this function.

I remind you that I am only a user like you, who helps other users based on my skiing and experience.
Thema:

1. Why do I open the game after downloading minecraft win10 in XBOX, but it shows "Preview" - Similar Threads - Why open game

2. Why won't my game bar open?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why won't my game bar open?: When I click win + G the game bar won't open, same happens when I search for it through the tool bar. When I open my task manager it says that game bar is running but it still won't open. I've...
  3. Why does the mic audio only work when the Xbox game bar is actively open?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the mic audio only work when the Xbox game bar is actively open?: The mic audio works perfectly fine when I have the Xbox game bar open but, when it Is closed the mic isn'tbeing picked up. 36e51d7b-e67b-4d51-b4d0-37ad18b71460
  4. Why cant the person in my Xbox party chat hear me unless I have the Xbox game bar open?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant the person in my Xbox party chat hear me unless I have the Xbox game bar open?: The person in my part cant hear me unless the game bar is open. I have tried restarting my computer, resetting the game bar, I looked through settings, did audio tests, and looked for a similar...
  5. Why are all my pc game pass games gone but i am still able to play if i forcefully open the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why are all my pc game pass games gone but i am still able to play if i forcefully open the...: its saying something about an age restriction but i've never had the problem before. i don't know the exact timing of when the error started accouring. also i have screenshots of the errors but...
  6. why is my xbox one s super laggy and cant open game or apps

in XBoX Accessibility
    why is my xbox one s super laggy and cant open game or apps: so i have factory reset my xbox multiple times and every time i log in the ui is super laggy and buggy and i cant run games 7e72f7ae-d64c-4b17-a7cb-e8757145db36
  7. Why doesn't Microsoft Solitaire and Casual Games open any more

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why doesn't Microsoft Solitaire and Casual Games open any more: I have a problem. I accepted an update from Solitaire collection and it has done nothing since except for the cards spinning around all the time. I have tried everything from clearing cache,...
  8. My hard drive is being recognized so why isn't it opening any of my games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My hard drive is being recognized so why isn't it opening any of my games?: I have my hard drive plugged into my Xbox and it is being recognized just got new cords for it, and it won't open or play any of my games. It's says there was an error opening the app, might need...
  9. Why is my xbox 360 game open Blu-Ray Player app on xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my xbox 360 game open Blu-Ray Player app on xbox one: Okay so I recently got an xbox one and most of my games work except lego star wars iii which opens blu ray disc and says we cannot play this disc please try another one and it works fine on my...
  10. Why are my installed games not showing up when I open xbox app to launch them

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why are my installed games not showing up when I open xbox app to launch them: I was going to play conan exiles and when I launched xbox to play it isn't showing any of my installed games b56e461e-42f7-4c1e-9e0e-67cc9c0a61b3