Why do I need Xbox Live Gold to play a single player game with bots?

Discus and support Why do I need Xbox Live Gold to play a single player game with bots? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Good day to those reading this. I bought Blightbound months ago, but haven’t played it until recently (thank you $1 Gamepass deal) because it requires... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ANDREWJAGO USMC, Nov 13, 2021.

1. Why do I need Xbox Live Gold to play a single player game with bots?

Good day to those reading this. I bought Blightbound months ago, but haven’t played it until recently (thank you $1 Gamepass deal) because it requires Xbox Live Gold, even though multiplayer is completely optional and otherwise you play with 2 bots as your teammates.

My question is this; Why do I need Xbox Live Gold to get past the main menu, when the game has single player with bots? Why isn’t the “Buy XBL Gold” wall at the matchmaking part of the game, like how just about any other paid game does, instead of requiring me to buy Gold to play by myself. A bit ridiculous, and not sure if this is due to the developers or Microsoft being lazy and just throwing the paywall at the main menu, like how the free games used to be before Microsoft made them able to play online with others without Gold.

TL;DR I shouldn’t have to buy Gold to play a single player game with bots, the Gold should only be required to play with other players through matchmaking, as after all this game is tagged with “Single Player” in the store.

:)

ANDREWJAGO USMC, Nov 13, 2021
  2. ANDREWJAGO USMC Win User

I don’t use Reddit, but if you wouldn’t mind posting in my place, I’d appreciate it! And I’ve already gone ahead and contacted the developers of Blightbound, however they don’t seem to be responding after over 1 month of radio silence. Thank you for the advice, though!
  3. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Hi there Andrew welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. something we can always do as a community is posting the ideas or concerns on the official Xbox Reddit page! There the devs and other workers check all the fedback the community gives them! https://www.reddit.com/r/xbox?utm_medium=androi...

But this features are implemented by the developers of the game so, I suggest contacting to give them feedback about their local multiplayer features!
  4. Christopher Revoredo Win User

I will! Do not worry! I totally understand the frustration!
  5. MorkyMork1991 Win User

Red dead redemption 2 live gold

That is correct. Xbox Live Gold is not required to play the single player story offline. If you want to play the online story or the multiplayer aspect you do need Gold. But the single player campaign does not require gold.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Unsuspecting purchase or a bargain? help needed!

Hi,

An active Xbox Live is only required to play online games with others and for Games with Gold feature.

Sea of Thieves is an online only game, you need Xbox Live to play this, and you need Live to play Multiplayer on GTA V, you don't need Gold to play the single player story on GTA of couse.

All you need to do is redeem the codes to download your games on your account, your account doesn't need to be Gold.

In a nutshell, only Sea of Thieves requires Gold to play the game, all the other games mentioned can be played single player.
Thema:

1. Why do I need Xbox Live Gold to play a single player game with bots? - Similar Threads - Why need Live

2. Why is GTA V now saying I need a disc to play?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is GTA V now saying I need a disc to play?: I bought GTA V with the game pass and it was the electronic version where it downloaded onto my Xbox 1 without needing the hard copy disc and it worked perfectly fine but now it’s giving me an...
  3. why the **** do i need to delete my god damn microsoft account just to get rid of a xbox...

in XBoX Accessibility
    why the **** do i need to delete my god damn microsoft account just to get rid of a xbox...: the ''masterminds'' at microsoft decided to make the ''delete xbox account'' feature into a ''delete microsoft account and everything else that it is connected to'' feature and i want it gone as...
  4. Why is my game saying "sign in needed" even though I am already signed into the xbox app?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my game saying "sign in needed" even though I am already signed into the xbox app?: I am already signed into the xbox app and when i launch forza horizon 4 on my pc, it says "sign in needed". I have already tried redownloading the game and the xbox app as well as signing in and...
  5. Why do I need online to install many xbox one games like:

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I need online to install many xbox one games like:: Why do I need to install games via online like- Mass Effect Legendary Edition Planet Coaster Walking Dead Destinies Jurassic world Evolution 2 c6839a48-e4f5-42bf-8ab0-ad59478ae1af
  6. Why can’t I play a game I own, it says I need to renew game pass but I have the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I play a game I own, it says I need to renew game pass but I have the game: I played r6 through game pass, I decided to buy the game then I went to go on it after playing and it said I need to get game pass, I have tried uninstalling r6 rendering my Xbox and nothing is...
  7. When I unplug my xbox to move it to a different room why does it need to update. It isn't...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I unplug my xbox to move it to a different room why does it need to update. It isn't...: When I unplug my xbox to move it to a different room why does it need to update. It isn't even a couple of minutes a6043f89-fec2-47c0-83d5-0d3bde358e8f
  8. Why do you need a live subscription to play mmo games on Xbox but not on pc?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why do you need a live subscription to play mmo games on Xbox but not on pc?: So I had to temporarily suspend my MS Live account due to budgetary issues. I went to log into my ESO game today and it's says I need a Live account to play it, yet I don't need it to play a game...
  9. Why does domino master say I need to sign in to Xbox live. How do you do that??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does domino master say I need to sign in to Xbox live. How do you do that??: Every time I try to play domino master it tells me that I must be signed in to Xbox live to play a multiplayer game 473fcb30-a8ff-425d-89bc-554e1797fd05
  10. Why cant I install my Fable 3 for PC anymore and why do I need windows (or xbox) live for...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant I install my Fable 3 for PC anymore and why do I need windows (or xbox) live for...: I have owned Fable 1 and 3 for the PC for years. I have purchased all of the DLCs and played them several times. Now that miscrosoft killed windows live.... I can no longer play Fable 3. I try to...