Why do I need to buy game again?

Discus and support Why do I need to buy game again? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I opened minecraft on PS4 and it replaced editions button to unlock full game but I already have Minecraft ***Moved from Gaming and Xbox/Games and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ali Zakeria, May 26, 2023.

1. Ali Zakeria
    Ali Zakeria Guest

I opened minecraft on PS4 and it replaced editions button to unlock full game but I already have Minecraft

***Moved from Gaming and Xbox/Games and gaming/Other***

:)

Ali Zakeria, May 26, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Ali Zakeria,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We understand that you are trying to play Minecraft and is unable to because you were asked to repurchase the game. Thanks for bringing your question to the forums. Our focus here is on helping with a wide variety of Xbox product and service-related issues. Most game-specific issues, like what you are describing here, need to be addressed by the developer or publisher through their sites. Let us help you get to the right place.

We found this support article from Mojang Team with several updates like:

Note: As of March 15, 2023, please DO NOT unlink your MSA from your PlayStation account via the in-game menu. You will be unable to link it back if you do so.

Feel free to check this resources: Minecraft for PlayStation® FAQ | Minecraft Help

However, the issue you have raised to us is about the purchase of Minecraft on non-Xbox platform. In that case, we would recommend you to reach out to Minecraft Support Team for assistance - Submit a request – Home (minecraft.net).

As this is out of scope for us on the Xbox Forums, we are going to close the thread. If you still need assistance with an Xbox product or service, feel free to create a new thread. Thanks again for posting your question, and have a great day!

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Twan Slijpen Win User

Why do i need to buy Minecraft Again

Thank you for your help. I have fixed it thanks to the article you send
  4. Kimmy_24 Win User

Why Do I Need To Buy Minecraft Again?

Hi, NClateman! I'm Kim, an Independent Advisor and I’m happy to help you today.

Did you purchase Minecraft via MS store or through Minecraft.net? If it's through, MS store, kindly double check your transaction thru https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders to make sure that you're on the right account where it was purchased.
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Why do i need to buy Minecraft Again

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Twan

When did you migrated your Mojang account?
    This can be a bit dumb, but are you using the right account?

Is this happening with the Java edition, right?
    If yes, may I know if you tried everything from this article?
    https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/44...
  6. ItsLC Gaming Win User

Do i need to buy the games again.

with digital games you can share between two xbox ones with the home xbox option
Thema:

1. Why do I need to buy game again? - Similar Threads - Why need buy

2. Why is GTA V now saying I need a disc to play?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is GTA V now saying I need a disc to play?: I bought GTA V with the game pass and it was the electronic version where it downloaded onto my Xbox 1 without needing the hard copy disc and it worked perfectly fine but now it’s giving me an...
  3. why the **** do i need to delete my god damn microsoft account just to get rid of a xbox...

in XBoX Accessibility
    why the **** do i need to delete my god damn microsoft account just to get rid of a xbox...: the ''masterminds'' at microsoft decided to make the ''delete xbox account'' feature into a ''delete microsoft account and everything else that it is connected to'' feature and i want it gone as...
  4. Why is my game saying "sign in needed" even though I am already signed into the xbox app?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my game saying "sign in needed" even though I am already signed into the xbox app?: I am already signed into the xbox app and when i launch forza horizon 4 on my pc, it says "sign in needed". I have already tried redownloading the game and the xbox app as well as signing in and...
  5. Why do I need online to install many xbox one games like:

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I need online to install many xbox one games like:: Why do I need to install games via online like- Mass Effect Legendary Edition Planet Coaster Walking Dead Destinies Jurassic world Evolution 2 c6839a48-e4f5-42bf-8ab0-ad59478ae1af
  6. Why can’t I play a game I own, it says I need to renew game pass but I have the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I play a game I own, it says I need to renew game pass but I have the game: I played r6 through game pass, I decided to buy the game then I went to go on it after playing and it said I need to get game pass, I have tried uninstalling r6 rendering my Xbox and nothing is...
  7. Why do I need to Buy Minecraft: Java Edition again?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I need to Buy Minecraft: Java Edition again?: [img] I just tried to log on to Minecraft and play some Java Edition while I am taking a break from work. The most peculiar thing pops up, "Buy Minecraft;" where the play button usually goes. I...
  8. Why do I need to buy gamepass after buying the disc for minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I need to buy gamepass after buying the disc for minecraft: I recently was trying to add skins to my minecraft by buying the old version of minecraft with the deluxe edition disc of minecraft I already have. It didn’t work so I just uninstalled it but now...
  9. Why does it say I still need to buy game pass for Dead by Daylight after I already bought...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does it say I still need to buy game pass for Dead by Daylight after I already bought...: I bought Dead by Daylight for 32$ and it says that I will need to pay an extra 16.99$ for a month of game pass just to play it for one month 1cb41d18-7df9-4bb7-9003-824a081915f0
  10. Why do you need to buy game pass on Cloud Gaming to play games you own already?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do you need to buy game pass on Cloud Gaming to play games you own already?: It just doesn’t make sense that you have to pay extra money to play games you already own. Can someone explain the thought behind why this was believed to be okay?...