Why do I have two usernames?

Discus and support Why do I have two usernames? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I recently changed my Xbox username on my 360 and now when I go to my profile it shows my old name and then my new one under it. Please help... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by OverripeBacon58, Jan 23, 2023.

1. Why do I have two usernames?

I recently changed my Xbox username on my 360 and now when I go to my profile it shows my old name and then my new one under it. Please help

:)

OverripeBacon58, Jan 23, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Thanks for your patience and time here in our community mate. I appreciate.

Take care!
  3. Rostom L Win User

To do that, I am afraid you would need to have a paid gamertag change on https://social.xbox.com/ChangeGamerTag and change your gamertag which will require you to enter only 12 characters. After you have selected an available gamertag, on the next step, there's an option to customize your gamertag from the old system. You can change it from there or just leave it as is to match with your main gamertag.

By the way, you can learn more about Gamertag FAQ here https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro...
  4. NureoT2 Win User

Is there any way to make it only show the new one?
  5. Rostom L Win User

Which game are you referring to? There are still games that do not support the new gamertag system which will use old system. You could try playing new games and see if it shows the other one.
  6. Rostom L Win User

Thema:

1. Why do I have two usernames? - Similar Threads - Why usernames

2. Why won’t my headset connect?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won’t my headset connect?: I tried to join a party via the xbox game bar on my PC, because all of my friends are on their xbox’s, I’m getting audio from my games but it won’t connect to the xbox app, I tried going through...
  3. Why is my Xbox series X crashing and completely shutting down during games such as Chivalry...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox series X crashing and completely shutting down during games such as Chivalry...: I have spent over a year now dealing with this issue of my console shutting down mid game, and I have spoken with countless call center representatives from another country that has been very...
  4. why is minecraft asking me to change my username after updating the launcher?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why is minecraft asking me to change my username after updating the launcher?: I updated Minecraft Launcher (java edition) and I had the user lewcio23, now it says its taken, for some reason...?! c390849e-2e35-4611-beab-48f08244a72d
  5. Why do I get a strike 2 different times for the same username

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why do I get a strike 2 different times for the same username: I have been banned for a year because I got a strike 2 different times for the same username (keep in mind I have 6 strikes already), I understand getting a strike for a username that goes against...
  6. Why does it still show my old username when I changed it

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does it still show my old username when I changed it: I changed my name a week and a bit a go I thought it would show my new one how do I fix this problem I payed for it. 2449449b-c79a-453d-93ae-3dbd9750f39c
  7. Why doesn't this username work?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why doesn't this username work?: There is a username that is not in use , it is "SunsFee". No one is using it, yet it makes me us a # with numbers unless i add something else to the end, which i dont want to do, i want SunsFee...
  8. Why is there a random username when I log in

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is there a random username when I log in: When I log into new games, there is a random username that appears. I thought i changed it but it appears that is only with xbox. I recently just logged into a game and the username is still...
  9. Why is the Xbox naming system rejecting a completely valid and extremely unique username as...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is the Xbox naming system rejecting a completely valid and extremely unique username as...: TL;DR: I want to change my Xbox to something that is 100% free to use, but the system is rejecting it. Now a stupid amount of details for my interactions with the stupid naming system: - Until...
  10. Why is my username/gamertag something completely different?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is my username/gamertag something completely different?: I've just bought an xbox controller for my PC and paired it via blutooth. When pressing the xbox button it brought up an overlay and had this random username of, "SnowyBow2036102". I've not used...