Why do I have to pay a comedic amount of money just to change my Xbox username?

Discus and support Why do I have to pay a comedic amount of money just to change my Xbox username? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I changed my username but someone else beat me to it, so now it looks stupid with all those numbers tacked on. I wanted to change it again, but... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by babak Narimani, Mar 13, 2023.

1. Why do I have to pay a comedic amount of money just to change my Xbox username?

I changed my username but someone else beat me to it, so now it looks stupid with all those numbers tacked on. I wanted to change it again, but apparently, I gotta pay for that privilege. Seriously, why do I have to pay just to fix my username?

:)

babak Narimani, Mar 13, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi babak!

Sorry to hear about what happened. Unfortunately, that’s how the system works for gamertag change. We’re only given one chance to change it for free. In my opinion, it’s something to do with security. If it’s for free, anyone can change their gamertag and may abuse it to do something bad in the community like spamming etc.

If you have a feedback or suggestions about the process, feel free to share it to this channel http://feedback.xbox.com/
  3. ngocphi Win User

Why do you have to pay to change your xbox username?

You pay to change on most services only steam would be the exception

And the idea is to prevent people from constantly changing for every variation they can think of

Plus consequences

For making bad namrs

If someone chooses a obvious bad name what's the point of punishing them if they can not think it over

With consequences they would think more clearly on their choice

Fyi too many forced name changes = permanent suspension
  4. PlushRelic Win User

Why do you have to pay to change your xbox username?

Hello, Ryan Lesko Thank you or contacting us here on Microsoft Community

Now you have to pay to make changes to your username on Xbox.

The only way you can get a free username change is if you were given a random generated username when you created your account and your changing you username for the first time.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused!

Hope this helps; have a great rest of the day :)
  5. BarryMiller5710 Win User

Really upset at how difficult it is to change the email on my gamertag.

It seem like an opportunity for Microsoft to make more money. I'd be willing to pay a reasonable amount to make the change I want. You should be able to verify your identity then submit your request in writing and pay your money and like magic it would be
    fixed. I don't understand why it's so difficult. Many people are having similar problems.
  6. mo2s17 Win User

Silver Account Cancelation

[quote user="Fantasmagorical"]

Also do not tell me to activate this account, pay money to changes its gamertag, then pay money again to change my main account, cause thats not happening. All I need is for this account to be deactivated and deleted.

[/quote]

Upgrading this account to gold, paying to change the name and then paying to change your other name is the only way to do what you want to do. Why not just keep this silver account - they don't expire, and you can't deactivate
    it to free up the gamertag - and only pay to change the other one. You could easily substitute a zero for an "O" and a one for an "L."
Thema:

1. Why do I have to pay a comedic amount of money just to change my Xbox username? - Similar Threads - Why pay comedic

2. Why can't I go online after paying twice for 1 month

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I go online after paying twice for 1 month: I've paid twice for this month my subscription didn't expire, and I still can't connect online. It tells me contact support, I have been doing this for seven days...
  3. Why can I not pay for Xbox Dev Mode?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can I not pay for Xbox Dev Mode?: I have tried to pay for an Xbox Dev Mode account yesterday and it wouldn’t work. It said that the payment for £14.40 had been declined. I knew that I had enough in my account to play for it and I...
  4. Why is minecraft making me pay for items I already owned after signing into my account?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is minecraft making me pay for items I already owned after signing into my account?: I changed the password to my Microsoft account, and signed into minecraft. After signing in I wanted to recreate my character. But I lost all my accessories and need to pay for it again. But if I...
  5. Why have I been charged 12.99 for 14 day trial when i pay for game pass every month

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why have I been charged 12.99 for 14 day trial when i pay for game pass every month: Why have I been charged for microsoft 14 day trial when I pay for the game pass every month. 12.99 has came out of my account not happy d1b64e8e-02c3-41d0-9821-bc5430d50b64
  6. why as a paying customer can i not post on a games forums because of home share?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why as a paying customer can i not post on a games forums because of home share?: I home share with my nephew and together we bought Diablo 4 on his account so the blizzard forums wont let me post because I don't "own" the game. Since Microsoft just bought ABK I'm not surprised...
  7. Why wont my game go online have just brought new xbox series x I already pay monthly for online

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my game go online have just brought new xbox series x I already pay monthly for online: Why wont my xbox go online wants me to buy subscription I already pay for it I have just set up new xbox series x ***moved from Gaming and Xbox / Accessibility / Other***...
  8. Why does xbox require a gold subscription to pay for a game I already paid for? But the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does xbox require a gold subscription to pay for a game I already paid for? But the...: I wanted to play rainbow six siege but it said I need to pay for gold. I don’t think this makes sense to make people pay more money to play online games that they are already paying for but the...
  9. Why is it making me pay for the java version of minecraft if I have bedrock?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is it making me pay for the java version of minecraft if I have bedrock?: I have had bedrock for years and I can still play it. It just won't let me get java. It makes me pay for it. It says it should be included with my version. 72b1bd83-5e7c-4b72-ae89-427805de7059
  10. Why can’t my wife and I play multi player on snowrunner without paying extra?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t my wife and I play multi player on snowrunner without paying extra?: Wife and I bought Snowrunner because it’s multiplayer and seemed fun. Hit co-op and you need Live?! We’re using the same Xbox. Why can’t we play the game we bought together without paying extra?...