Why do I have to join Live Gold to play the online version of Red Dead Redemption 2...

Discus and support Why do I have to join Live Gold to play the online version of Red Dead Redemption 2... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought Rede Dead Redemption 2 and there was clearly stated in the card "includes Red Dead Redemption 2: Story Mode and Red Dead Online" but now after... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Giobox77, Dec 3, 2022.

1. Giobox77
    Giobox77 Guest

Why do I have to join Live Gold to play the online version of Red Dead Redemption 2...

I bought Rede Dead Redemption 2 and there was clearly stated in the card "includes Red Dead Redemption 2: Story Mode and Red Dead Online" but now after installing it if I press on the online version of the game it redirect me to the subscription page for Live Gold and Game pass?!?

When I purchased the game it was not explained anywhere that to play the online version I have to join live gold and I find it quite annoying. Why do I have the spend extra money to play a game that I bought? I am buying games specifically because I cannot stand subscriptions and now the play the game I bought I have to do one?

Is this issue for every version of this game? If you want to play RDR2 online whatever is the version of the game you own you must join Live Gold? Or is it just my version that comes with this trick ?

I hope you can help me :-(

:)

Giobox77, Dec 3, 2022
  2. AdamKronus Win User

Red dead redemption 2

after what Rockstar did with GTA online I do not have much interest in playing the online version of Red Dead Redemption 2...
  3. HomegrownSilky Win User

Red dead online

Firstly, the retail full version of Red Dead Redemption 2 on disc already includes Red Dead Online so unless you have transitioned to a digital only console, you wouldn't need to purchase it again.
    Secondly, which digital version did you purchase? There is the full game Red Dead Redemption 2. There is also Red Dead Online, which is obviously the online part. And then there is Red Dead Redemption 2: Story Mode, which is just a DLC for Red Dead Online (owning Red Dead Online is required) which allows you to play the single player campaign.
    Please check your purchase history to see which one you have purchased.
  4. HomegrownSilky Win User

Red Dead Redemption 2: Story Mode not available to download but is for sale!!

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

Just a friendly reminder though that the Red Dead Redemption 2: Story Mode is just an add-on or DLC addition to Red Dead Redemption 2 which means that it requires the base game, you will be needing to buy the base game that is sold separately.
    It's not the base game that is needed. It is Red Dead Online. When you state that the base game is needed it sounds like people need to buy Red Dead Redemption 2 but that is not the case. Red Dead Redemption 2 contains both the single player story and the online portion. Red Dead Redemption 2 is not the same as Red Dead Online. They have 2 different names. Story Mode is DLC for Red Dead Online. It is not DLC for Red Dead Redemption 2 as you have said.
  5. HomegrownSilky Win User

HELP NEEDED ASAP

Are you sure that you purchased the full Red Dead Redemption 2 and not just the Red Dead Redemption 2: Story Mode. If you purchased the Story Mode, then you need to own Red Dead Online in order to play it. Story Mode is just DLC for Red Dead Online and cannot be played or installed without Red Dead Online.
  6. {Parity} Win User

Оффлайн режим консоли [offline console mode]

Here is some information that I found.

Can Red Dead Redemption 2 Be Played Offline?

Rockstar will undoubtedly integrate social components into Red Dead Redemption 2’s single-player story which need an online connection to function. However, players should be able to at least play the story campaign
    even if they’re not connected to the internet. An active internet connection will naturally be required for downloading the game’s digital version and for playing Red Dead Online.
Thema:

1. Why do I have to join Live Gold to play the online version of Red Dead Redemption 2... - Similar Threads - Why join Live

2. Why do I have to power cycle my xbox series S every time I join a party just so I can hear...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I have to power cycle my xbox series S every time I join a party just so I can hear...: I feel like I have tried Every trouble shoot that I can find on Microsoft support about audio, privacy, Nat type, headphones and I'm still having to power cycle my console to be able to hear my...
  3. Why won’t my Xbox app let me join or create a party anymore?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why won’t my Xbox app let me join or create a party anymore?: So I’ve only recently been having issues with the Xbox app where I cannot join or create a party every time I try it just removes me almost instantly even if it’s my own. Never had this problem...
  4. Why am i not able to join when i play with my friend

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why am i not able to join when i play with my friend: Ive been trying to play with my friend for a while but whenever i join its not letting me. It just says “unable to connect to world” 2ed46b5a-12a5-4e54-9cfe-d5b9098e9fc2
  5. Why cant i join minecraft servers without a vpn

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why cant i join minecraft servers without a vpn: When i am at home, i recently switched to a new wifi, and for some reason when i try to join my friends SMP my game tells me to please sign into xbox to join the server. I currently play bedrock...
  6. Why when my wife in the same house cannot join my game on mw3 yet i can join her. When she...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why when my wife in the same house cannot join my game on mw3 yet i can join her. When she...: Please help this is very annoying and has worked fine untill about 1 week ago dac03f3b-baf6-41de-a943-6d0519670b5c
  7. Why does it say “unable to connect to world. The world is no longer available to join.”...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does it say “unable to connect to world. The world is no longer available to join.”...: I am trying to join a friends world on minecraft (he’s on Nintendo switch and I am on Xbox) but every time it just says “unable to connect to world. The world is no longer available to join.” Can...
  8. Why can’t I join unofficial or official servers on ark ascended?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I join unofficial or official servers on ark ascended?: I have bought ark ascended on my Xbox and I have also bought a nitrado server, whenever I try to join any server on ark ascended the mods download fine but then my screen just stays on “joining...
  9. I don't know how to solve this xbox auth expired please join again why and also im using my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I don't know how to solve this xbox auth expired please join again why and also im using my...: I cant join life boat server im going to check now 0672198b-c91f-4089-a75b-b232a0a866e3
  10. Why can’t Xbox players join a custom server in Minecraft?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t Xbox players join a custom server in Minecraft?: I have an Xbox and the only servers I can join are the featured servers (Hive, CubeCraft, etc…). Bedrock on PC can add custom servers but for some reason console cannot. I have tried to find a...