Why do I have to download the game again?

Discus and support Why do I have to download the game again? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, my question is: Why do I have to download Battlefield 2042 when I already have it? I'm explain myself. I bought this game a month before you... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Dmitri Samirov, Dec 1, 2022.

1. Why do I have to download the game again?

Hi, my question is:

Why do I have to download Battlefield 2042 when I already have it? I'm explain myself. I bought this game a month before you launch it on your platform GamePass, now I'm trying to play with my friend to the game but every single time he invited me to play with him the console ask me to download the game. Why? It doesn't make sense.

:)

Dmitri Samirov, Dec 1, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Thank you so much for that. We will be performing steps to fix and prevent this from happening again.

To fix this, please perform a power cycle on your console by following the steps below:

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

If that didn't work resetting the console keeping games and apps will be the next option. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Reset and keep my games & apps.
  3. Dmitri Samirov Kokal Win User

I got a Xbox Series X, but my friend plays on Xbox One.
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

Is one of you on a series console, and the other one on an Xbox one?
  5. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

The game file may have been corrupted. Is the game stored on your Internal Storage or External hard drive?
  6. Dmitri Samirov Kokal Win User

Is in the internal hard drive.
Thema:

1. Why do I have to download the game again? - Similar Threads - Why download game

2. Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?: Hi, I am on PC wanting to play one block that I bought from the marketplace about a year and a half ago but when I try and download it, it stays on 0 percent. I have tried multiple methods to fix...
  3. Why does my Xbox disconnect from 5g WiFi when I’m downloading games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox disconnect from 5g WiFi when I’m downloading games?: When I am downloading a game, my Xbox will hold a 105+ mbps download speed. But starting a couple of months ago, my Xbox randomly disconnects from the WiFi only when I’m downloading games. Does...
  4. Why can't I download games on xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I download games on xbox series x: So one day I turned my xbox on to see that two games are updating but they've both stopped and will not go past a certain percentage. So I cleared the que to start again only to find now that any...
  5. Why can’t i see my game in my full library that was downloaded on an external hard drive...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t i see my game in my full library that was downloaded on an external hard drive...: So I had my copy of Lego Star Wars the Skywalker Saga downloaded on my external hard drive as well as my copy of Red Dead Redemption 2 but that was the disc version and I could redownload Red Dead...
  6. Why won’t my game download, it’s just saying installation stopped and won’t let me download it.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won’t my game download, it’s just saying installation stopped and won’t let me download it.: How do I fix a game that just says installation stopped every time I try and download it. b8aa3724-e6f7-45f1-8f30-d4a42379b4ae
  7. Why does the Xbox app keep downloading a game when I never gave it permission to do so?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does the Xbox app keep downloading a game when I never gave it permission to do so?: About every week for the past month, the Xbox app on my PC will download the game "Wartales" and I'll see it in my library with the message "Just installed!". The thing is, I have never initiated...
  8. Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase...: Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase game pass when I click on a game to download. e1986801-7eac-42b1-97f3-456f6054673d
  9. Why can I not get the Forza Motorsport game to download?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can I not get the Forza Motorsport game to download?: I purchased the digital download of the Forza Motorsport game (twice) for my son’s Xbox One. The first time I thought he messed up when putting the code in so we not very happily purchased it...
  10. Why this happens on some Games that I download from MS Store?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why this happens on some Games that I download from MS Store?: I downloaded Asphalt 8 from MS Store today. But why it shows like this? All the menus and buttons are perfectly fine. And the game doesn't even lags for a bit and runs very good without any other...