why do I have to connect to xbox live to view youtube ? There's always a [Mod removed...

Discus and support why do I have to connect to xbox live to view youtube ? There's always a [Mod removed... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; why do I have to connect to xbox live to view youtube ? There's always a [Mod removed profanity] problem 899ee2cb-a9a5-42f4-93dd-4592b94a321d Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by tone-alone, May 2, 2019.

1. tone-alone
    tone-alone Guest

why do I have to connect to xbox live to view youtube ? There's always a [Mod removed...

why do I have to connect to xbox live to view youtube ? There's always a
    [Mod removed profanity]
    problem

:)

tone-alone, May 2, 2019
  2. Starseid Win User

why do I have to connect to xbox live to view youtube ? There's always a [Mod removed profanity] problem

If your xbox has an internet connection, then you are connected to xbox live automatically. To use Youtube, on any platform, you must be connected to the internet. Meaning if you are running offline, you will not be able to use internet based apps. If
    your inquiry is that you need Xbox Live Gold to watch Youtube, then that would be false. The Youtube app can work without a Gold subscription.
  3. H3PA80R Win User

why do I have to connect to xbox live to view youtube ? There's always a [Mod removed profanity] problem

If you are starting an app like Youtube you need to be online. If you are online with your xbox you are automaticly connected to xbox live. You don't need xbox live gold to use the app.
  4. DapperCrane Win User

I've always found this strange as you are not technically using any Microsoft service other than the console you have already purchased.

I think it would be more beneficial to Microsoft to allow these to connect to the internet as well as their store for offline or movie sales.
  5. HollywoodBull Win User

Hello my friend,

Thank you for posting your question here.

Apps like YouTube or Netflix (Amongst others) require internet subscription to function as you will be viewing videos that are uploaded to the respected websites.

Without internet connection you cannot connect to the website database thus not able to see anything uploaded there.

Hopefully this answer helps even the slightest.

Have a wonderful day
  6. XBF Chris J Win User

Hello Tone-Alone,

Thank you for posting here on the Xbox forums. In order to connect to YouTube, your console needs to be connected to the network. This includes Xbox live.

This is true for all Applications that require internet. Netflix, YouTube and Hulu for example. Are you getting any sort of error when you connect to Xbox live?

You can search up any error codes here :
    Error & Status Code Search

Let us know if there is an other way we can help you out.
Thema:

1. why do I have to connect to xbox live to view youtube ? There's always a [Mod removed... - Similar Threads - why connect live

2. Why wont my 360 games connect to xbox live on my xbox series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my 360 games connect to xbox live on my xbox series X: I'm having some serious trouble atm with trying to get 360 games to work on my series X. These are all games that until today worked fine. Now it will not connect to xbox live for the cloud or my...
  3. Why can’t I connect to Xbox live on my backwards compatible games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I connect to Xbox live on my backwards compatible games?: When I try to play my Xbox 360 games on my new Xbox series S I can’t! A message pops up saying “Can’t connect to Xbox Live. Select Test Connection to troubleshoot your connection. For more info,...
  4. Why can't I connect to Xbox Live while in a game on my Xbox 360?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I connect to Xbox Live while in a game on my Xbox 360?: Whenever I am in a game on my Xbox 360, my account disconnects from Xbox Live, and won't let me log back in. Whenever I go back to the dashboard, everything is fine and my account logs back into...
  5. Why can’t I connect to Xbox Live while playing Black Ops 1?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I connect to Xbox Live while playing Black Ops 1?: I just downloaded Black Ops 1 and whenever I go to the main menu, it automatically signs me out and when I go to sign back in, it says that I can’t connect to Xbox Live. I checked my consoles...
  6. Why can I connect to Xbox live, but I cannot connect to any game servers

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can I connect to Xbox live, but I cannot connect to any game servers: I just came home for winter break from college, and I brought my Xbox series x with me to play games. I was not experiencing any issues before I had come home to my parents house, but now when I...
  7. Why can’t my xbox one connect to live on BC games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t my xbox one connect to live on BC games?: Good day everyone, every time I try to run a BC game on my Xbox one and try to connect to live it tells me that there’s troubleshooting, I’ve tried every solution, power cycling, manual ip...
  8. Why does the xbox 360 xbox Live connection test not working for me

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the xbox 360 xbox Live connection test not working for me: I just bought a game for the xbox 360 since it's ending in a year and booted the game up, once I quit the game, it didn't let me connect to xbox Live, it always fails the xbox live connection test...
  9. Why won’t my Xbox series x connect to xbox live when trying to playing Xbox 360 games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won’t my Xbox series x connect to xbox live when trying to playing Xbox 360 games?: Last week, I tried to play black ops 2 because all the servers got fixed but when I tried to connect, I get an error stating my console will not connect to Xbox live. I know it’s not my internet...
  10. Why can’t I connect to Xbox live when I load up a game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I connect to Xbox live when I load up a game?: It keeps saying your connection to Xbox live has been lost please sign again but when I do it’s perfectly fine. This is on Xbox 360 I just wanted to play some BO2 online for nostalgia, please...