Why do I have to buy the game twice

Discus and support Why do I have to buy the game twice in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So recently on November 25 I got the game call of duty Cold War and I paid for the game at game stop and I just got it running and it’s telling me I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by kevin BV, Nov 26, 2022.

1. kevin BV
    kevin BV Guest

So recently on November 25 I got the game call of duty Cold War and I paid for the game at game stop and I just got it running and it’s telling me I have to pay again for the campaign multiplayer and zombies I thought that was already included with the disc game?

:)

kevin BV, Nov 26, 2022
  2. kevin BV Win User

Okay so on the Xbox it says that the ad ons are applied/installed but it doesn’t show up on my recents

Should I reinstall
  3. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

First, please sign in to https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders and check if you can see the game order stated as "completed", once confirmed follow the steps below:

Go to "My games and apps" > Installed games > Highlight the game > Press the Menu button > Go to "manage games and add-ons" > Click the game icon.

Make sure that these packs are installed:

Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War - Content Pack 1

Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War - Content Pack 2

Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War - Content Pack 3

Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War - Content Pack 4

The disc indeed includes the multiplayer and zombie packs we just need to ensure that they are installed.
  4. Francia J. Win User

Let’s perform powercycle first and then try playing the game again.

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​
  5. CheeseCurds Win User

Do I have to buy games twice?

This is quite unfortunate. Thanks though.
  6. Smwutches Win User

Do I have to buy games twice?

With Minecraft you have to purchase it again if you're wanting to play it on a different platform.
Thema:

1. Why do I have to buy the game twice - Similar Threads - Why buy game

2. Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...: Ever since I redownloaded it I have been unable to play online and wants me to buy game pass when I try to go online. How do I solve this without spending money? 9bac4131-b861-4132-9bd3-d1e363dc76a6
  3. Why i can't buy the 14 days of game pass by 1 €?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why i can't buy the 14 days of game pass by 1 €?: If i have redeemed on the past a 30 days by 1 € now i can't get this new offer or what? 07feba49-a860-4e7e-8a2d-b030ebff4ab0
  4. Why is Xbox telling me to buy a game I own through games for gold

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is Xbox telling me to buy a game I own through games for gold: I own dungeon siege 3 from gfg Nov 2015 decided to go back to it and clear it. However it said there was an error and I uninstalled it. Now I can't install unless I purchase it...
  5. Why is my Xbox keep prompting me to buy game pass when I try to play ANY Battlefield game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my Xbox keep prompting me to buy game pass when I try to play ANY Battlefield game?: I try to play ANY Battlefield and it tells me I don’t have access to online. Then try’s to prompt me into buying game pass. It is extremely frustrating because I paid for all of these games....
  6. why is it making me buy the game again

in XBoX on Windows
    why is it making me buy the game again: I pre ordered the new call of duty, played the early beta for it. I have everything installed but now it’s telling me I have to pay another 100 dollars when I got the game. Idk what to do...
  7. Why does my Series S force me to buy the game pass before playing Ubisoft games (trivial...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Series S force me to buy the game pass before playing Ubisoft games (trivial...: I have owned these Ubisoft games for at least a year and have played online with friends without any issues, but now when I launch them and go to start an online game it brings up the game pass...
  8. Why does it say I still need to buy game pass for Dead by Daylight after I already bought...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does it say I still need to buy game pass for Dead by Daylight after I already bought...: I bought Dead by Daylight for 32$ and it says that I will need to pay an extra 16.99$ for a month of game pass just to play it for one month 1cb41d18-7df9-4bb7-9003-824a081915f0
  9. Why am I being prompted to buy a game i own and installed?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I being prompted to buy a game i own and installed?: I reinstalled COD Cold War. I installed all 5 parts (campaign, online, etc) plus 2 bonus content packs. Everytime I go to enter and play it i am prompted to buy the game again for $60. I own the...
  10. Why does my Xbox one say I have to buy game pass for R6 Siege even though I have a disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Xbox one say I have to buy game pass for R6 Siege even though I have a disc: Every time I try to play rainbow six siege it tells me I have to buy Ubisoft plus or game pass even though I have a disc and when it does give me the option to install it, it says installation...