Why do I have to buy games again in the Microsoft store that you purchased on your previous...

Discus and support Why do I have to buy games again in the Microsoft store that you purchased on your previous... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My previous Xbox one broke it's had a problem with the HDMI port I sent it back through the Microsoft website and got a new one because I had a... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Zinto06#, Dec 5, 2022.

1. Zinto06#
    Zinto06# Guest

Why do I have to buy games again in the Microsoft store that you purchased on your previous...

My previous Xbox one broke it's had a problem with the HDMI port I sent it back through the Microsoft website and got a new one because I had a warranty but the games I've purchased on the previous console I cannot play them on the new one why can't I play them after I logged in my account I purchased them with, because when I search in the Microsoft store to reinstall them they want me to buy them again

:)

Zinto06#, Dec 5, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Why do I have to buy games again in the Microsoft store that you purchased on your previous console ?

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Zinto06#, this shouldn't be happening, all the games you bought into your account are yours and you don't need to pay for them again.

To make sure you have purchased games, click the link below and go to your purchase history and check your games.

https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders

When you find a game in your purchase history, click it and you'll open another tab, after that click the install button.

Another thing that may be happening is, you shared an account with someone, a friend or family member, if yes, when receiving the new console the account of the other person is no longer as main and so will no longer have access to the games of the other account.
  3. RainingBlood1010 Win User

''Looks like you need to renew Xbox Game Pass'' even though I never even bought game pass.

Yes, in a previous post on here I stated my Xbox laser does not read video games anymore so I've resorted to buying my games digitally. I went to the microsoft store on my Xbox in order to purchase the game digitally, but I didn't have to as it said ''Install''. I just checked it out again though on the store and now it's saying ''buy to own''? Also, do you want the error message?

''If your subscription is current, try quitting and relaunching the game, If you tried to launch this from a disc, check the disc-it might be dirty or damaged. (0x803f800e)''
  4. andersonpassos Win User

The Microsoft store is asking me to pay for a game that I've had for nearly a decade and just uninstalled. It should be free to re-download right?

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good evening

Yes, you are correct that if you have already purchased a game from the Microsoft Store, you should be able to re-download it for free at any time, as long as you are using the same account. There could be a few reasons why you are being asked to pay for the game again:

You are using a different account: Make sure that you are signed in to the Microsoft Store with the same account that you used to purchase the game originally. If you are using a different account, you may not have access to your previous purchases.

You are looking at the wrong version of the game: Minecraft is available in several different versions, such as the Java Edition and the Windows 10 Edition. Make sure that you are looking for the version that you originally purchased.

There was an issue with your previous purchase: It's possible that there was a problem with your previous purchase, and it was never properly recorded in your account. In this case, you may need to contact Microsoft Support to resolve the issue.

confirm the purchase in your order history

https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders/
  5. MaximumExtreme Win User

(Spoilers) Questions for Tell Tales The walking dead season 2: Season Pass and The game it self.

Yes because it's 2 different stores. One is Telltales store and the other is the actual Microsoft marketplace. If you bought it from the in game store then buy it from the Microsoft store it will charge you twice and vice versa. If you purchase it from the
    Microsoft store though it keeps track of your purchases so you don't have to pay for it again.
  6. DanteSparda504 Win User

DLC Download start while still in store. Thoughts?

[quote user="Tatakai no Kami"]

Why are you at the store if you are buying DLC? Just do it from your console at home.

[/quote]

1. Not everyone has a credit card, or feels comfortable enough to use a credit card on the console(considering how often stupid hackers or phishers are finding their way into accounts these days, I don't blame them). If you are going to go to the store to
    buy a microsoft point card for something specific and if it's already available to purchase(for cheaper) then why not buy the DLC?

2. If you are given a gift card, or if you are dumping off some useless games then again it can be an advantage to pick it up in store. You wont have to pay much(if anything) since you'd already be spending a gift card or selling some games that would never
    get played again and just collect dust.
Thema:

1. Why do I have to buy games again in the Microsoft store that you purchased on your previous... - Similar Threads - Why buy games

2. Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...: Ever since I redownloaded it I have been unable to play online and wants me to buy game pass when I try to go online. How do I solve this without spending money? 9bac4131-b861-4132-9bd3-d1e363dc76a6
  3. Why i can't buy the 14 days of game pass by 1 €?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why i can't buy the 14 days of game pass by 1 €?: If i have redeemed on the past a 30 days by 1 € now i can't get this new offer or what? 07feba49-a860-4e7e-8a2d-b030ebff4ab0
  4. Why is Xbox telling me to buy a game I own through games for gold

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is Xbox telling me to buy a game I own through games for gold: I own dungeon siege 3 from gfg Nov 2015 decided to go back to it and clear it. However it said there was an error and I uninstalled it. Now I can't install unless I purchase it...
  5. Why is my Xbox keep prompting me to buy game pass when I try to play ANY Battlefield game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my Xbox keep prompting me to buy game pass when I try to play ANY Battlefield game?: I try to play ANY Battlefield and it tells me I don’t have access to online. Then try’s to prompt me into buying game pass. It is extremely frustrating because I paid for all of these games....
  6. why is it making me buy the game again

in XBoX on Windows
    why is it making me buy the game again: I pre ordered the new call of duty, played the early beta for it. I have everything installed but now it’s telling me I have to pay another 100 dollars when I got the game. Idk what to do...
  7. Why does my Series S force me to buy the game pass before playing Ubisoft games (trivial...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Series S force me to buy the game pass before playing Ubisoft games (trivial...: I have owned these Ubisoft games for at least a year and have played online with friends without any issues, but now when I launch them and go to start an online game it brings up the game pass...
  8. Why does it say I still need to buy game pass for Dead by Daylight after I already bought...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does it say I still need to buy game pass for Dead by Daylight after I already bought...: I bought Dead by Daylight for 32$ and it says that I will need to pay an extra 16.99$ for a month of game pass just to play it for one month 1cb41d18-7df9-4bb7-9003-824a081915f0
  9. Why am I being prompted to buy a game i own and installed?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I being prompted to buy a game i own and installed?: I reinstalled COD Cold War. I installed all 5 parts (campaign, online, etc) plus 2 bonus content packs. Everytime I go to enter and play it i am prompted to buy the game again for $60. I own the...
  10. Why does my Xbox one say I have to buy game pass for R6 Siege even though I have a disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Xbox one say I have to buy game pass for R6 Siege even though I have a disc: Every time I try to play rainbow six siege it tells me I have to buy Ubisoft plus or game pass even though I have a disc and when it does give me the option to install it, it says installation...