Why do I get double charged when I preorder a game

Discus and support Why do I get double charged when I preorder a game in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Sometimes when i preorder a game i get double charged. Whats up with that? 37745258-d41b-46e4-8bf4-93cfb40f09a7 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Freeexpiredsalt, Mar 12, 2021.

1. Why do I get double charged when I preorder a game

Sometimes when i preorder a game i get double charged. Whats up with that?

:)

Freeexpiredsalt, Mar 12, 2021
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

Why do I get charged for preorders twice

What you saw was a test charge to validate the card that went away in a few days.
  3. OpticRJames Win User

Why do I get charged for preorders twice

Hi there. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

All pre-orders will only be charged to your account ten days before the release date of the game if it's a valid payment method. If you used Microsoft account currency then it will be charged right away after pre-ordering it.

If you have used a valid payment method a month ago to pre-order the game, rest assured that you were not charged during that time, the system will only try to charge you ten days before the release date of the game.

As a reference, you can check the details from this link, https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/subscriptio....
  4. Gerardo CG Win User

Why I am getting double charged

Hi there Amanda, my name is Gerardo, and I'm an Xbox player, just like you. I'll be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.

You can request a refund for the duplicate charge by using the following link

https://support.xbox.com/forms/request-a-refund

When filling out the refund request form, be sure to select "Billing error" as the reason for the refund, and then choose "Duplicate charge for the same item". Provide all the relevant details in the text box that appears, so that the refund team can understand the issue you are facing in a better way.

Please note that in this public community forum, we are just players like you trying to assist and guide other players. This means we don't have access to other accounts or access to refund information of other users.

I hope this helps and if you have further questions please let me know.

Kind regards,
    Gerardo.
  5. Jordan Addison Win User

Since when did Xbox start waiting until 10 days before release to charge you for a pre-order?

That would explain part of it, but not why it charged me when I first ordered it. I did read something about some people getting double charged somewhere. I think it was Microsoft's homepage. They acted like I was lying, tho. I still have the bank statement, & the fact that having the bank cancel that first charge prompted Xbox to delete my pre-order proves that charge was for that game.

Surely I'm not the only one this has happened to. Like I said, they had a notice about some ppl being double charged. I don't remember what they were double charged for, tho.

I do believe I will go to PlayStation.
  6. Smwutches Win User

Premature Pre-Order Payment.

When you preorder games using a credit card/Paypal, you're charged about 10 days before the game is released. As far as the price, you can double check the charge at
    http://commerce.microsoft.com and/or contact support and speak to billing. http://support.xbox.com/contact-us
Thema:

Why do I get double charged when I preorder a game

1. Why do I get double charged when I preorder a game - Similar Threads - Why double charged

2. why suspend my account

in XBoX Accessibility
    why suspend my account: Why log me out my account for that ive had for 12 years then when i put all the right information on the stuff its telling me to put in then it says im wrong And then when I ask for support it...
  3. Why when I use my Fortnite vbuck card and put in the Xbox code its say it already been used...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why when I use my Fortnite vbuck card and put in the Xbox code its say it already been used...: I followed the directions on the game and when I went to the Xbox code and went on my console it didn’t work it’s said it had already Been used and it was 1,000 vbuck on that card that I can’t use...
  4. “Can’t sign in” error when trying to sign in….why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    “Can’t sign in” error when trying to sign in….why?: [img] The problem is persistent and I can not seem to find any troubleshooting solutions at all. 3315c945-3c3b-4d5e-83c3-182458e7561a
  5. The new double-wide "happening now" thing is hideous, and nobody liked it, so why are you...

in XboX Insiders
    The new double-wide "happening now" thing is hideous, and nobody liked it, so why are you...: What's the point of the insider program if you don't even listen to the feedback? This sub has nearly a million subscribers, but typically, around 30 people browsing it at any given time, if...
  6. Why has the enforcement got double standards?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why has the enforcement got double standards?: So I defend myself ingame after being provoked and prevailed, then whilst playing the bloke texts me saying how bad I was and calling me a **** and/or and kid, he also stated he was on the prowl...
  7. Why have I been double charged for Minecraft realms

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why have I been double charged for Minecraft realms: I tried the Minecraft realms free month and I then turned off reaccuring billing as it wasn’t for me and now a month later I’ve been charged even though I cancelled it...
  8. Why wont xbox or microsoft give me a refund, double charged me for subscription

in XBoX on Windows
    Why wont xbox or microsoft give me a refund, double charged me for subscription: i bought game pass ultimate, and on the same day it re-charged me for game pass pc, then canceled itself, yet the money has still come out of my bank account for BOTH subscriptions, and they are...
  9. Why is my xbox controller double pressing the "A" button?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox controller double pressing the "A" button?: I just started experiencing this issue a few weeks ago while using my xbox controllers on my pc, and it's been absolutely pissing me off. I've been troubleshooting for days on end and even got a...
  10. Why does my Xbox double press every button that I press?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox double press every button that I press?: Every controller I use send a double input for one press of a button. I used the same controllers on other Xbox’s and they don’t double press. 03489741-b370-4786-a85a-70974bb490b2