Why do I get a "DXGI ERROR DEVICE REMOVED" error when trying to start a game?

Discus and support Why do I get a "DXGI ERROR DEVICE REMOVED" error when trying to start a game? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Game crashes when I try to start it. cc5b1c37-2419-4ffb-8ab6-6a8bb3784a27 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by BettyYoung3, Jun 29, 2023.

  1. BettyYoung3
    BettyYoung3 Guest

    Why do I get a "DXGI ERROR DEVICE REMOVED" error when trying to start a game?


    Game crashes when I try to start it.

    :)
     
    BettyYoung3, Jun 29, 2023
    #1
  2. WattyNuela Win User

    Why do I get a "DXGI ERROR DEVICE REMOVED" error when trying to start a game?

    Hello BETTYYOUNG3, this is Manuela. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you, ready to assist with this.
    Not a Microsoft employee.

    I’m sorry to hear you’re having trouble when trying to play games on your PC. Let’s try to sort this out.

    However, before that, I want to ask the following questions:

    Are you using Windows 10 or Windows 11?
    When this started to happen?
    What procedures you tried to fix this inconvenience prior to your post creation?

    Meanwhile, check if your system and the drivers are up-to-date.

    You can check for Windows updates via PC Settings > Update & Security > Windows update > click on “get updates”

    You can check for driver updates by visiting the manufacturer’s website.
  3. KhajiBower34 Win User

    Atomic Heart wont launch

    Hello Baikhan, My name is Khaji I am an independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today.
    The DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG error is a common error that usually occurs during gaming, especially if it is a graphically demanding game. This error occurs when the application sends incorrect instructions, resulting in a DXGI error. There are several ways to solve this error. One solution is to update the graphics driver. Another solution is to update DirectX. You can also modify the NVIDIA control panel. Some users have reported that disabling or removing the sound card helped them fix the error. Another solution is to stop overclocking the CPU.

    Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
  4. mrbeady9 Win User

    BT Homehub 4 Open NAT Solution!

    When I try the first method I get an error stating:

    "Conflict

    The game or application you’ve selected conflicts with an application () you’ve already assigned to another device. Please remove the other application or select the same device."
  5. RabbiddogRH1 Win User

    Starfield preload keeps failing to download

    I had actually pre-installed the game last week, but when I checked today it was trying to do an update and was getting the same error. When I clicked on cancel update it actually completely removed the game from my PC and removed it from my library. Now I get the same error trying to re-pre-install.
  6. travmax-D9BB95E6-462 Win User

    status code: 396B-0000-D080-0200-8007-045D

    i have the same error and no one can tell me what it is either the code i believe says no storage device but my hard drive checks out ok only time i get kicked off live is when i try to start a new game and says requires an update but
    then when update dosent load i get this error starting to get a lil annoying
Thema:

Why do I get a "DXGI ERROR DEVICE REMOVED" error when trying to start a game?

Loading...
  1. Why do I get a "DXGI ERROR DEVICE REMOVED" error when trying to start a game? - Similar Threads - Why DXGI ERROR

  2. Hey why do some of my games and apps on my dashboard dim when I scroll over them. Not the...

    in XboX Insiders
    Hey why do some of my games and apps on my dashboard dim when I scroll over them. Not the...: When I go to select an app some dim and some don't. They all work nothings updating but some dim and I don't know why? submitted by /u/KalElKent821 [link] [comments]
  3. Why am i only level 2 when ive been in the program for almost 7 years?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why am i only level 2 when ive been in the program for almost 7 years?: Ive been in the program for exactly 6 years and 4 months and i am only level 2, so i dont get the full advantages of the insider perks. submitted by /u/bigfackingooner [link] [comments]
  4. Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?: Let’s be real for a second. Activision has been part of Xbox for almost a year now, yet Black Ops 1 & Black Ops 2 are still missing from Game Pass The Tech Gap: Millions of us are on digital-only...
  5. Why is the NextGen survey so long?!

    in XboX Insiders
    Why is the NextGen survey so long?!: I've answered about 100 questions and I'm only 40% through... I'm generally happy to contribute but, seriously, I'm struggling to find the energy to complete it. Shorter, focused surveys would be...
  6. Why isn't Lithuania a supported country but Latvia is??

    in XboX Insiders
    Why isn't Lithuania a supported country but Latvia is??: That's a very confusing thing to me like it's right there and because I'm from Lithuania I can't use all stuff on Xbox console I can't even buy Xbox game pass anymore like what submitted by...
  7. Why can’t I still not access the disc-to-digital feature?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why can’t I still not access the disc-to-digital feature?: I have singed up for insider and did all surveys and stuff and it’s already been days? screenshot 1 screenshot 2 submitted by /u/Cloudsquido [link] [comments]
  8. Could there be any reason why someone who's been in the Omega ring for a few weeks now...

    in XboX Insiders
    Could there be any reason why someone who's been in the Omega ring for a few weeks now...: I'm pissed bc I've been in the Omega ring for a few weeks now and even got myself up to Level 2 a bit ago... Yet... Nothing still. Do they hate me? What is going on?? My Xbox One console says...
  9. Disc to Digital are you an insider?️ What's the crack is it the end of physical discs, why...

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital are you an insider?️ What's the crack is it the end of physical discs, why...: Hey folks, just wondering what the crack is, I certainly think it's a good thing, for example I own RDR2 however, the disc is on its way out, I don't see why we having already paid and put in...
  10. Why a $200 Xbox Handheld with Physical Cartridges Is the Reset the Industry Needs

    in XboX Insiders
    Why a $200 Xbox Handheld with Physical Cartridges Is the Reset the Industry Needs: Look at the handheld market right now. On one side, you have $600–$900+ handheld PCs (ROG Ally, Legion Go, Steam Deck OLED) running desktop OS bloat, requiring constant setting tweaks, and...