Why do I constantly encounter broken "ads" that lock up my game when playing any of the...

Discus and support Why do I constantly encounter broken "ads" that lock up my game when playing any of the... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I regularly play Microsoft Solitaire, Mahjong, and Ultimate Word Games. I do not pay to avoid the annoyance of ads, For weeks now, very frequently the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by tpwright4423, Dec 12, 2022.

1. tpwright4423
    tpwright4423 Guest

Why do I constantly encounter broken "ads" that lock up my game when playing any of the...

I regularly play Microsoft Solitaire, Mahjong, and Ultimate Word Games. I do not pay to avoid the annoyance of ads, For weeks now, very frequently the ad will lock up, leaving the only choice for me to exit the game. Sometimes, when I reload the game and again get an ad, the ad will run properly; often, it will not, again leaving me no choice but to exit the game. The behavior has changed somewhat since I first encountered it: now, I will most often be presented with a different ad when I re-enter the game and, frequently, that ad will not hang up, leading me to believe that attempts are being made to "fix the problem".

I am still running Win10 (current updates) on my ASUS VivoBook Model X512D.

Please fix this!

:)

tpwright4423, Dec 12, 2022
  2. tpwright4423 Win User

Why do I constantly encounter broken "ads" that lock up my game when playing any of the Microsoft games (Solitaire, Majong, Word Games)?

I am a retired software developer. The problem acts like an unitialized variable that is causing a timer to fire unexpectedly. C'mon, guys. Fix this!
  3. Palcouk Win User

Why do I constantly encounter broken "ads" that lock up my game when playing any of the Microsoft games (Solitaire, Majong, Word Games)?

4. tpwright4423 Win User

Why did this begin to happen suddenly several weeks ago with no changes to any installed software on my computer? The only changes were the ads that were launched. The problem doesn't appear with all ads. And it seemed to happen less frequently for a while but has begun to happen more frequently again. During the lull, it appeared that changes were made to not simply keep replaying the same ad each time one retried but changed to another one, making the problem a little more tolerable. This is Microsoft's problem and they either don't care or don't know how to fix it. I think they need to hire software engineers, not pimple-faced teen amateurs to do the ad programming.
  5. Bungchumby Win User

Solitaire Collection

I'm seeing the same thing. It seems to be tied to the ads, when there are ads they just play and the game continues. But no ad and it just locks up and stops, but the game play clock continues which will add up to HUGE time, when the actual game play time
    is only an hour or so.
  6. trith Win User

Patch Yes = Online or Patch No = Offline ... Which one?

The patch is utterly broken and will destroy your gaming experience, especially when you start encountering dragons and it hard locks your console when they glitch. Stay offline, and stay at 1.1 for now until Bethesda rolls back this epic screwup.
Thema:

1. Why do I constantly encounter broken "ads" that lock up my game when playing any of the... - Similar Threads - Why constantly encounter

2. Why are games on my hdd stuttering constantly?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are games on my hdd stuttering constantly?: I understand this isn't necessarily microsofts products but I thought this would be a good place to go. Games on my Hdd are extremely slow and keep stuttering. It's a brand new hdd. Seagate...
  3. Why is my Gamerscore constantly being altered?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Gamerscore constantly being altered?: Since last October and throughout every month as I earn Achievements my Gamerscore obviously reflects that.The problem arises when after initial correct display within minutes it has been reduced...
  4. Why am I constantly getting Fortnite ads forced down my throat on XSS?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I constantly getting Fortnite ads forced down my throat on XSS?: For months now, I've had the same game being pushed on me over and over with the Xbox Home ads. Not once have I even considered installing Fortnite as it is a game for toxic children yet you seem...
  5. Why do the Xbox Series X controllers constantly disconnect from the console?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why do the Xbox Series X controllers constantly disconnect from the console?: I have an Xbox series X that is roughly 1 year old and my controller disconnects from the console every 5-10 minutes. This problem only occurs while playing games and has essentially made my Xbox...
  6. Why is the bug for my Xbox asking to constantly relink my Discord still happening?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is the bug for my Xbox asking to constantly relink my Discord still happening?: I am having an issue with my Xbox saying I have to relink my Discord account. It never did this till tonight. Last week it was working fine for me. Now whenever I try to relink my account from...
  7. Why does Game Pass PC CONSTANTLY refuse to launch games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Game Pass PC CONSTANTLY refuse to launch games?: This started not long after Starfield launched. I'm not sure if it's a coincidence, but since then games will randomly refuse to launch, and I'll see a generic "Something went wrong" error: [img]...
  8. Why starfield game is crashing constantly? I can't play the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why starfield game is crashing constantly? I can't play the game: I can't play Starfield, is crashing constantly 77a51b4a-4a7f-449d-9de4-4155485a2fe1
  9. Why is the game constantly crashing when I try to send my Sims to different locations?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is the game constantly crashing when I try to send my Sims to different locations?: Game just updated and I've already had it crash several times within the last couple of hours. Mostly related to Sim travel. If I try to send my Sims anywhere, the game almost instantly crashes...
  10. Why is it since I updated newest MW2 is I half to constantly deal with error try again...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is it since I updated newest MW2 is I half to constantly deal with error try again...: Why is it since I updated newest MW2 is I half to constantly deal with error try again later unless I uninstall it and reinstall its starting to piss me off that ever since the update I been...