Why do games keep crashing on my Series S?

Discus and support Why do games keep crashing on my Series S? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I’ve searched this topic and it seems like a common occurrence. I can’t play games I’ve bought and paid for because the system keeps crashing, often... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Martin Willerton, May 14, 2023.

1. Why do games keep crashing on my Series S?

I’ve searched this topic and it seems like a common occurrence. I can’t play games I’ve bought and paid for because the system keeps crashing, often turning itself off altogether.

I’ve tried the fixes suggested in other threads but have had no luck.

This isn’t acceptable.

:)

Martin Willerton, May 14, 2023
  2. Martin Willerton Win User

I don’t have a pc and a hard drive to do that….?

And I tried both options.
  3. WattyNuela Win User

Oh... Understood, and you don't have a family member or friend who lives close to you with a PC and a USB drive?

I just want to confirm, if you maybe have an external HDD or accessories connected to the console please try disconnecting everything else besides the power cable before checking again.

And, if you didn't tried yet, try to connect your console to another socket or room.

Besides that, I'm afraid to say that you need to open a repair request for your console

https://account.microsoft.com/devices
  4. WattyNuela Win User

Thanks for the additional information. When you performed the console reset, did you selected "keep my games and apps" or "delete everything"?

If you selected "keep my games and apps" try instead the other option

And may I know if your console is enrolled to the Insiders program?

If your console is not enrolled to the program I recommend you to perform an offline update before opening a repair request for your device
    You can see all the requirements and steps for the offline update using the next link

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...
  5. Martin Willerton Win User

Re-installing the game

Resetting console

Cache deletion

I’ve tried these several times with several games and it’s the same issue.
  6. WattyNuela Win User

Hello Martin, this is Manuela. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you willing to assist with this

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this unexpected behavior in your Xbox Series S

Please tell me, what procedures you tried so far to fix this?
    And may I know if your console is enrolled to the Insiders program?
Thema:

1. Why do games keep crashing on my Series S? - Similar Threads - Why games keep

2. Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install: I bought Black Ops III and it’s been installing but it stopped at 93.8% and it said the disk may have been damaged or it is dirty. I cleaned it and put it back in to try again but when i put it in...
  3. Why do I keep getting a black screen every couple of seconds when I load up an Xbox game?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I keep getting a black screen every couple of seconds when I load up an Xbox game?: So I just started playing a new game on my Xbox, which works perfectly fine when I play it on my TV or another monitor, but for some reason when I load up a game on this monitor via my Xbox I keep...
  4. Why won’t it let me connect my Xbox to epic game account keeps saying it’s already...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why won’t it let me connect my Xbox to epic game account keeps saying it’s already...: Keeps saying my Xbox network account is already connected to another epic game account and idk how or what account that is like to get my account fixed right so I can play games...
  5. Why does my Xbox Series X keep crashing when trying to run online multi-player games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox Series X keep crashing when trying to run online multi-player games?: When running certain games over the past year (MW3, Forza Horizon, MLB the Show), my Xbox keep closing the game application and return me to the home screen. Most times, this causes me to lose the...
  6. Why does my Xbox series 2 don’t keep disconnecting in a game?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox series 2 don’t keep disconnecting in a game?: I recently bought a Xbox series 2 controller 2 weeks ago or so and have had no problems since this last week it keeps “disconnecting” but the light don’t turn off and I can use my Xbox menu and go...
  7. Why does the Xbox app keep downloading a game when I never gave it permission to do so?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does the Xbox app keep downloading a game when I never gave it permission to do so?: About every week for the past month, the Xbox app on my PC will download the game "Wartales" and I'll see it in my library with the message "Just installed!". The thing is, I have never initiated...
  8. I own a game and keeps asking for choosing a game pass,I don't want a game pass. Why xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I own a game and keeps asking for choosing a game pass,I don't want a game pass. Why xbox...: I own the Call of Duty Balck Ops and pay for it,but when ready to play keeps asking me to choose my plan!! Why if I own my game I don't want to pay microsoft extra for playing my own games!! This...
  9. Why does my Xbox keep booting me out of multiplayer games and console resets itself...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Xbox keep booting me out of multiplayer games and console resets itself...: I posted another thread on this which went unsolved. I have a new Xbox series x purchase 9 of 23. Whenever I play any multiplayer games online like call of duty, fortnite, battlefield 2043,...
  10. why have the games loading changed and it doesnt work either. Why keep changing when it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    why have the games loading changed and it doesnt work either. Why keep changing when it...: Why change microsoft games into something that doesnt load de1b18e5-cf2f-45cd-b598-8f5878413ec2