Why do all the Xbox One Elite Controllers come broken or break in a short time?

Discus and support Why do all the Xbox One Elite Controllers come broken or break in a short time? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I finally purchased an xbox one elite controller after hearing 2 years of hype. I buy one brand new from Gamestop for 150 bucks. Open the box for the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DeclaredFiber, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Why do all the Xbox One Elite Controllers come broken or break in a short time?

I finally purchased an xbox one elite controller after hearing 2 years of hype. I buy one brand new from Gamestop for 150 bucks. Open the box for the first time just to find one of the bumpers setting in the bottom of the box completely broken off the controller.
    Tried to return the controller as soon as possible to Gamestop the next day. They refused to take it back. So I basically ended up purchasing a second xbox one elite controller. Took it home and opened up the box for the first time. Almost thought that I got
    a decent controller just to find out that the x button was completely broken. I tried returning it to Gamestop the next day. Again they refused to take it back. I am not purchasing anymore xbox one elite controllers. I am a very unsatisfied customer and do
    not recommende this controller to anyone. Concept is great. But it just doesn't work. All the cheap plastic, poor construction and price is not worth it. Warranty doesn't help either as there is nowere to take it in for repairs. A controller of this magnitude
    should give players an advantage in the game as is stated. Not give players a disadvantage. My elite controller is currently useless in the box that it came in. Due to the fact that the buttons came defective when I bought it brand new.

:)

DeclaredFiber, Jan 10, 2018
  2. SigmaTheDJ
    SigmaTheDJ Guest
    Xbox OnePC Controler unusable after 1 and a half year! Programed inbuild obsolenscense

I dunno why people are so anti-consumer about this.

I've been gaming since the 1970s. I've owned one or more consoles in every generation. In all of that time as a gamer, I've had 8 broken controllers: -

An Xbox 360 controller that developed minor stick drift after many years as being my main controller for both the 360 and PC gaming.

7 broken Xbox One controllers - 4 regular controllers and 3 Elites. 2 of those controllers were broken out of the box, including my Day One controller. Even with the Xbox One controllers that "worked", I've had regular issues with them disconnecting where
    the sound starts to break up in my headset, the controller disconnects then reconnects, but then it says I have no mic and I have to manually turn the controller off and back on to get the mic working again. This has happened with several original Xbox Ones
    and all of the controllers I've owned and it's only when I switched to an Xbox One X that it stopped happening - or at least, it hasn't happened yet.

So in all of those years of gaming, all 8 broken controllers I've had have been made by Microsoft, but 7 of them have been Xbox One controllers. Don't try and tell me it's something I'm doing unless "using a controller to play a game" somehow counts as misuse
    now. Saying "my 360 controller has never broken" isn't even relevant to the OP's post, as he's talking about Xbox One controllers.

SigmaTheDJ, Jan 10, 2018
  3. jonesy2042
    jonesy2042 Guest
    Xbox One Controller Durability?

I have purchased 20 controllers since I have bought my Xbox one in Sept 2014. Almost every single one has either has had a left analog stick problem or the left bumper breaks from only being used after a month. I even have an Elite Controller that the left
    bumper broke after only a month of usage, for a controller that cost me around $130 CDN. I don't understand how a company that had the sturdy Xbox 360 Controllers, has such a weak xbox one controllers. I just recently bought a controller and the left stick
    is starting fail on it. Can you please help me understand why every controller I have had and my friends have had break at the analog sticks or the bumpers?

jonesy2042, Jan 10, 2018
  4. Why do all the Xbox One Elite Controllers come broken or break in a short time?

I am not sure why GameStop isn't accepting your controller for returns. Defective items should at least be exchanged, according to their return policy. I'd try to do this before
    you consider sending your controller in to Microsoft.

Regardless, Microsoft has a 90-day manufacturer's warranty for controllers. You can register the serial and set up a repair here: https://devicesupport.microsoft.com

Any additional assistance, you can contact Xbox Support, be sure to choose phone or chat:
    Contact Us | Xbox Support

Internet Expert, Jan 10, 2018
  5. Internet Expert Win User

I am not sure why GameStop isn't accepting your controller for returns. Defective items should at least be exchanged, according to their return policy. I'd try to do this before
    you consider sending your controller in to Microsoft.

Regardless, Microsoft has a 90-day manufacturer's warranty for controllers. You can register the serial and set up a repair here: https://devicesupport.microsoft.com

Any additional assistance, you can contact Xbox Support, be sure to choose phone or chat:
    https://support.xbox.com/contact-us
  6. SigmaTheDJ Win User

Xbox OnePC Controler unusable after 1 and a half year! Programed inbuild obsolenscense

I dunno why people are so anti-consumer about this.

I've been gaming since the 1970s. I've owned one or more consoles in every generation. In all of that time as a gamer, I've had 8 broken controllers: -

An Xbox 360 controller that developed minor stick drift after many years as being my main controller for both the 360 and PC gaming.

7 broken Xbox One controllers - 4 regular controllers and 3 Elites. 2 of those controllers were broken out of the box, including my Day One controller. Even with the Xbox One controllers that "worked", I've had regular issues with them disconnecting where
    the sound starts to break up in my headset, the controller disconnects then reconnects, but then it says I have no mic and I have to manually turn the controller off and back on to get the mic working again. This has happened with several original Xbox Ones
    and all of the controllers I've owned and it's only when I switched to an Xbox One X that it stopped happening - or at least, it hasn't happened yet.

So in all of those years of gaming, all 8 broken controllers I've had have been made by Microsoft, but 7 of them have been Xbox One controllers. Don't try and tell me it's something I'm doing unless "using a controller to play a game" somehow counts as misuse
    now. Saying "my 360 controller has never broken" isn't even relevant to the OP's post, as he's talking about Xbox One controllers.
  7. Peppar1823 Win User

CONTROL BROKEN. 03 MONTHS WARRANTY is ABSURD.

If your controller has broken in a short time after buying, the best thing would be to return to the store where you bought it and talk to them. There might be a manufacturing fault since the controller shall not break if it has been moderately used.
  8. 80s guy Win User

Elite series 2 bumper repair

Why did you buy an Xbox elite controller 2

It breaks easily why not buy a regular Xbox one controller if you are just to play games

I would not waste my money on advanced accessories
  9. GREENMACHINE GT Win User

Xbox one controllers

According to all the releases I have found it is planned that all Xbox One Accessories will be compatible across generations. So that would include controllers well one would think :). However who knows.

I would not be surprised about this sort of compatibility, after all they just released a brand new elite controller and it wont have time to even really get broken in before the new console comes out
Thema:

1. Why do all the Xbox One Elite Controllers come broken or break in a short time? - Similar Threads - Why Elite Controllers

2. Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty: Last week, I sent my Elite Two controller for repair because the buttons started to wear down. However, after getting it back, one of the pads (P2) is unresponsive and requires very hard presses...
  3. Why does my elite 2 controller only work when i plug it in.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my elite 2 controller only work when i plug it in.: I have an Elite 2 controller but the xbox button turns on and off. It'll be on for up to 5 seconds but none of the buttons work and it flashes really fast as if it connected but automatically...
  4. Why does the right bumper fail on so many Elite 2 controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the right bumper fail on so many Elite 2 controllers?: Since customer support was unable to help me I figure I would try here before deciding whether or not to buy anymore Xbox hardware. I've had 2 Xbox elite 2 controllers stop working. Both had the...
  5. Why does my elite controller series two disconnect when wire isn’t plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my elite controller series two disconnect when wire isn’t plugged in: My elite series two controller keeps on disconnecting when the wire isn’t connected, I’ll be using it then suddenly I can’t move in my game or scroll on YouTube I look down and see the light...
  6. Why can't I put in a service order for my Elite Series 2 controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I put in a service order for my Elite Series 2 controller?: Recently I got an Xbox Elite Series 2 controller that has had constant problems. Every time I press in the right stick, the controller shuts all the way down and takes several seconds to a minute...
  7. Why does my Xbox elite controller series 2 refuses to connect to my windows 11 PC?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Xbox elite controller series 2 refuses to connect to my windows 11 PC?: The controller connected just fine to my pc for about 6 months and then one day after restarting my pc my controller would say it is connected in settings for about 2 minutes before shutting off...
  8. Why are Xbox Series Elite 2 controllers garbage?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are Xbox Series Elite 2 controllers garbage?: Don't Microsoft & Xbox got quality controlls?? All the controllers seems to have issues, and waiting 2-3 weeks for a replacement ain't acceptable! We pay money for a controller that should just...
  9. Why did my Elite Series 2 Controller suddenly stop working?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why did my Elite Series 2 Controller suddenly stop working?: Today I tried to to turn on my Elite Series 2 Controller and it didn't turn on, it was working perfectly fine yesterday, but now it just won't turn on. I use it with an Xbox Series X and i've used...
  10. why is my elite controller not working suddenly

in XBoX on Consoles
    why is my elite controller not working suddenly: so I've got an Xbox elite controller that I've used with my series S console for about a year now and today it's suddenly stopped working. it'll turn on but the inputs don't do anything unless...