Why did they remove the paypal payment option on minecraft realms?

Discus and support Why did they remove the paypal payment option on minecraft realms? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Me and my friends had a realm but took a little break. Now we wanted to restart the realm (We are dutch this is importand information) but the only... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Tim Baas1, May 17, 2023.

1. Tim Baas1
    Tim Baas1 Guest

Me and my friends had a realm but took a little break. Now we wanted to restart the realm (We are dutch this is importand information) but the only payment option is credit cards. But the problem is that here in the Netherlands and in many places in the world credit cards aren't used much so we rely on paypal and other methods. Only america uses credit cards day to day so this is a horrible disicion.

So my question is why would microsoft do this?

:)

Tim Baas1, May 17, 2023
  2. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Hey Tim!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, a fellow gamer. I'm sorry you are experiencing this. I am here to help.

To answer your inquiry, specifically, you must have "pre-approval" from PayPal if you are going to be "selling stored value cards" which is essentially what a gift code is. Presumably, Mojang doesn't want to go through the hassle of dealing with their approval process it is understandable given the history between them and that is probably why you can't use PayPal to buy a gift code.

https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-...

If you have further inquiries or feedback you can request Mojang to add Paypal as a payment method, by submitting a ticket here on this link:

https://feedback.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/request... or https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/request/new...

Thank you for your time. I hope you have a great day!

Reference link: https://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/upu...

Note/Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  3. Eggnogga Win User

Games with gold-add credit card (why?)

Why don't you just put in your CC or Paypal info, download the game, then remove payment options? Pretty simple "fix".
  4. EG GHOSTLY CM Win User

Your payment instrument could not be authorized. Please contact your provider, or try a different payment option.

Hello DodderyZebra798,

I hope this helps!

Add PayPal to your account

To add your PayPal account as a payment option on your Xbox LIVE account, see Manage your Xbox LIVE payment options.

Remove PayPal from your account

To remove PayPal as a payment option on your Xbox LIVE account, see Remove a payment option from your Xbox LIVE account.

Use PayPal as a payment option

After you add PayPal to your account, you can use it either on Xbox.com or your Xbox 360 console. When you choose to purchase an item, select Change Payment Option and select your PayPal account. PayPal can be used for any purchase that uses currency.

View your PayPal purchase history

Your PayPal transactions are included in your Xbox LIVE purchase history. See Check your Xbox LIVE billing and purchase history for more
    information.

You can also visit PayPal.com to view your PayPal transaction history.

Troubleshoot the PayPal payment option

If you receive an Error: 8382025C the PayPal account you are trying to add is not supported. Xbox LIVE only supports PayPal accounts that have a credit card or confirmed bank account as a funding
    source. Update your PayPal account with one of these funding sources, or try using a different PayPal account.
  5. BloodpuIse Win User

Where did PayPal go?

Update: it appears the option to use PayPal was removed from xbox.com, but not the console. Hopefully my payment goes through.

Edit: It went through. I'd like to know why the options to use it have been completely removed from xbox.com though.
  6. eRa Decren Win User

Error trying to access my Account on Xbox.com

Whenever i try that it says this:

The following subscriptions are associated with PayPal (my email). Please change your payment option for these subscriptions by contacting support before removing payment option PayPal (my email).
Thema:

1. Why did they remove the paypal payment option on minecraft realms? - Similar Threads - Why did remove

2. . My question is why did you guys do thaT

in XBoX on Consoles
    . My question is why did you guys do thaT: Hey i have a gamesir g7 se and previously we were able to use 1000hz report rate with the gamesir nexus app but they said you guys updated your licence conditions which only allow 4ms or 250 hz...
  3. Why did Xbox stop responding to my reports and stop me from making posts?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why did Xbox stop responding to my reports and stop me from making posts?: Everytime I’ve tried to report someone, nothing happens, but when they report me for calling them “stupid” or “a bot” I get a strike. I also can’t make looking for group posts on my main account....
  4. why did when i sign in xbox on website its always signing me out

in XBoX on Windows
    why did when i sign in xbox on website its always signing me out: need answer asap,i want to link my xbox account with epic games 21df864d-bf4f-48f5-8531-995db56d7c12
  5. Why did I have some of my gamerscore removed?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did I have some of my gamerscore removed?: I spent 40$ on games yesterday to build my gamerscore and I hit 100k but then today I see 100 gamerscore had been removed from my account. This is weird and very demotivating to play because I...
  6. Why did you, (Microsoft) remove my Xbox Networking tab without my permission?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did you, (Microsoft) remove my Xbox Networking tab without my permission?: Returned home after being away for 3 weeks only to come back to a missing Xbox Networking tab in my settings on my PC. Not only was my PC in FULL shut down, but you also apparently removed my Xbox...
  7. Why did Microsoft remove my phone number from my account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did Microsoft remove my phone number from my account?: Several months ago, I attempted to redeem my Microsoft rewards points for robux which I had done many times before. But for some reason, this time it said I needed to add a phone number to my...
  8. Why did you remove the Quit option?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why did you remove the Quit option?: You’ve made Quick Resume even more annoying after one of you latest updates. Before I could at least go to the menu select a game then hit menu and select Quit. Now I have to go navigate to quick...
  9. Why did you remove an important Accessibility future?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did you remove an important Accessibility future?: When will we be able to edit the home screen again? I already shell out money for your monthly subscription why would you take my money and remove important futures like customization? I...
  10. Why did Microsoft remove Diablo 4 from my account and say I'm being refunded?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why did Microsoft remove Diablo 4 from my account and say I'm being refunded?: I attempted to sign onto my Diablo 4 game and was given a message that Microsoft had deleted my game and was going to receive a refund. I was never given a notice that I did something wrong. I had...