Why did the Xbox cloud wait time change

Discus and support Why did the Xbox cloud wait time change in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When I first started fortnite on cloud, the wait time was 5-15 minutes, but now when I start fortnite in Xbox cloud the wait time is 5-280 minutes I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jason Ammisah, Nov 5, 2023.

1. Why did the Xbox cloud wait time change

When I first started fortnite on cloud, the wait time was 5-15 minutes, but now when I start fortnite in Xbox cloud

the wait time is 5-280 minutes

I am need a way to reduce the wait time

Please help me

:)

Jason Ammisah, Nov 5, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

i'm sorry about the wait time is representative of the average weight before a server becomes available for your game, there is no way for you to reduce the time other than change the time or physical location you're playing from which could lead to lower server loads and greater availability.

The popularity of Xbox cloud gaming especially with the launch of Starfield has been a victim of its own success with huge numbers of new players

If playing Fortnite in a timely manner is important to you, I suggest you download it to one of the many platforms it supports and play that way
  3. TimmHenson Win User

Fortnite players are playing for free. There is a finite number of servers that are dedicated to free players

if immediate access to the game is important to you, I recommend you play it on a supportive platform with a local downloaded copy

Investing in more servers, particularly because it is custom hardware, it's not a matter of snapping ones fingers and making it appear

People have reported that subscribing will reduce your wait times, I cannot guarantee this, nor do I have any personal experience with it.
    I feel like your response was, "Pay for it maybe that will work and if you don't like it, don't use Microsoft".

That could be sound advice.
  4. Ralphmtsu Win User

That is simply an totally unacceptable answer. Why should anyone have to wait? With all the greed Microsoft has, why not invest in more servers to accommodate demand? Total B.S. excuse.
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

yes, you have to wait your turn, there's a lot of people looking to use the servers, there is nothing you can do other than my previous suggestion
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

Fortnite players are playing for free. There is a finite number of servers that are dedicated to free players

if immediate access to the game is important to you, I recommend you play it on a supportive platform with a local downloaded copy

Investing in more servers, particularly because it is custom hardware, it's not a matter of snapping ones fingers and making it appear

People have reported that subscribing will reduce your wait times, I cannot guarantee this, nor do I have any personal experience with it.
Thema:

1. Why did the Xbox cloud wait time change - Similar Threads - Why did cloud

2. Why did i get this many strikes?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why did i get this many strikes?: i got multiple strikes for the same message failing to send xbox, it kept failing so kept trying again thinking its network issues, now i have 9 strikes, great service...
  3. So why did my Xbox series x and 360 all of a sudden tell me I couldn't play Black ops 1...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So why did my Xbox series x and 360 all of a sudden tell me I couldn't play Black ops 1...: I've heard that sometimes it's either the servers that tank or that some Microsoft engineers just like messing with paying customers? Error code : 8015190E 0c7de9e7-a8c8-4c36-96d7-c82a6823deb4
  4. . My question is why did you guys do thaT

in XBoX on Consoles
    . My question is why did you guys do thaT: Hey i have a gamesir g7 se and previously we were able to use 1000hz report rate with the gamesir nexus app but they said you guys updated your licence conditions which only allow 4ms or 250 hz...
  5. Why did Xbox stop responding to my reports and stop me from making posts?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why did Xbox stop responding to my reports and stop me from making posts?: Everytime I’ve tried to report someone, nothing happens, but when they report me for calling them “stupid” or “a bot” I get a strike. I also can’t make looking for group posts on my main account....
  6. why did when i sign in xbox on website its always signing me out

in XBoX on Windows
    why did when i sign in xbox on website its always signing me out: need answer asap,i want to link my xbox account with epic games 21df864d-bf4f-48f5-8531-995db56d7c12
  7. Prior to the update, why did random videos from my Xbox get deleted?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Prior to the update, why did random videos from my Xbox get deleted?: I know about that big stupid update that Microsoft decided to implement, that’s not the question here. The question is, I have a video capture from Battlefield 3 from way back, but not from a...
  8. Why am I band? It says the details aren't available at this time. What did I say or do????

in XBoX on Windows
    Why am I band? It says the details aren't available at this time. What did I say or do????: Why am I in trouble what did I do?? What rule did I brake??? I have people calling me a [mod removed] and nothing happens to them????? Why ef643ba3-0a1f-4b28-aade-4f624fbd8aa1
  9. Why did my Xbox Series S factory reset after I accidentally unplugged it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did my Xbox Series S factory reset after I accidentally unplugged it: I was in the middle of a Fortnite game and my foot hit the cord and unplugged the Xbox. When I started it back up, it was on the same screen that popped up when i turned on the Xbox after first...
  10. Why did my cloud save disappear?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why did my cloud save disappear?: I've been playing Crusader Kings 3 on my series X for months using cloud gaming (I do not have the game installed, there are no local saves). Today I went to play but my save, representing 50ish...