Why did the Wireless Xbox Adapter for Windows make my Controller go on the Fritz and Break it!

Discus and support Why did the Wireless Xbox Adapter for Windows make my Controller go on the Fritz and Break it! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This update for the Xbox Wireless Adapter broke my Xbox One Controller that was fairly new. I used to have the exact same adapter and mine broke, so I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Joel Bumgarner, Jan 14, 2023.

1. Why did the Wireless Xbox Adapter for Windows make my Controller go on the Fritz and Break it!

This update for the Xbox Wireless Adapter broke my Xbox One Controller that was fairly new. I used to have the exact same adapter and mine broke, so I recently purchased a New one. Played fine for 1 night and then next day I start up my PC and right away my Controller turns on and starts Vibrating uncontrollably. Never had an issue was working fine wired as well. I Plug in this adapter and It fried my Controller and I now have no left trigger and the rumble only works on 1 side. I had to plug into my Xbox One and PC several times just to get it to stop and do anything with it. I also made sure it was updated several times trying to fix the issue or reset the Controller itself. I am very unhappy as I am now out of a Newer Camo Xbox One Controller that I loved. Please let me know if anyone else has had this issue

:)

Joel Bumgarner, Jan 14, 2023
  2. MyJewlzHurt Win User

Will Xbox 360 slim controller work with Windows XP?

3. ChiefJoboo Win User

XBOX ONE ADAPTER PROBLEM - ON WINDOWS 10

https://support.xbox.com/xbox-on-windows/accessories/troubleshoot-xbox-wireless-adapter-for-windows

Try these tips from the link above:

If your adapter was installed and working, but it did not respond after waking your computer, this may be because your USB controller doesn't have Wake on Wireless turned on by default. This can typically be managed by the USB controller driver.

There are two solutions to this:

1. While your Windows 10 device is running, unplug the device, and then plug it back in.
    2. If that didn't work, you can adjust the properties to enable Wake on Wireless. In the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows Properties window, make sure to select
      Allow the device to wake the computer. To do so, follow these steps:
      1. Go to your Device Manager.
      2. Select Wireless Adapter for Windows in the Network adapters section.
      3. Click Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows to bring up the Properties window.
      4. Click the Power Management tab.
      5. Select Allow this device to wake the computer, and then select
        OK.

If the binding instructions are not working, try the following solutions:
      • Ensure you're within range (6 meters or less) of the adapter and it's in line of sight to the controller.
      • If you have an Xbox controller, try rebinding your controller to the console by pressing the Connect button on the console, and then the Connect button on the controller. The LEDs will flash and become solid when the binding is successful. If your controller
        does bind, you have isolated the issue to the Wireless Adapter for Windows. If your controller does not bind to your console, see

Set up the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows
      • Unplug your adapter, reboot your device, and then plug it back in (to another port if possible), and try again.
  4. Hoskayra Win User

my wireless adapter does not work does anyone know how to fix it?

Hello Diameter X, my name is Oskayra, and I will be happy to help you.

Beforehand, it is important that you keep in mind that this is a public community forum, so we are players like you, we are not employees of Microsoft or Xbox, so we do not have access to any user account or check anything from the forum. All users help each other with common problems.

I am very sorry for the problem you are going through, with the intention of being able to help you, I did an internal search in Xbox support and I found a publication, where they mention the steps to follow to correct this problem and I thought it was good information, which you should take into account. :

Since the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows drivers are included in the Windows 10/11 operating system, the adapter should install automatically. If not, try the following solutions:

Make sure your Windows device is connected to the Internet.

Make sure Windows is up to date by going to Windows Update from your device and checking for available updates.

Restart your device and try again.

Make sure USB ports are not disabled in Device Manager.

Try another USB 2.0 or 3.0 port.

Try reinstalling the drivers in case they were partially installed. For this, you need to uninstall the drivers. Follow these steps to complete this process:

Go to Device Manager.

Look for Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows in the Network Adapters section.

Select Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows to bring up the Properties window.

Select the Controller tab.

On the Driver tab, select Uninstall or Uninstall Device (depending on your version of Windows).

In the confirmation window, select the Delete the driver software for this device check box.

Disconnect the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows and restart your Windows device. When the device is back in operation, plug in the adapter.

If the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows still does not install, perform all the steps above once again. If this does not work, the adapter may need to be replaced.

If the controller does not connect to the adapter, then please note the following:

Make sure you are within range (6 meters or less) of the adapter and that the adapter is in line of sight to the controller.

If you have an Xbox controller, try re-pairing the controller to the console by pressing the Pair button on the console and the Pair button on the controller. The LED lights will flash and light continuously when pairing is successful. If the controller does not recognize the adapter, you will need to isolate the problem to the Wireless Adapter for Windows.

Unplug the adapter, restart your computer, plug it back in (to another port if possible), and try again.

Information Source (Credits): https://support.xbox.com/help/hardw...roubleshoot-xbox-wireless-adapter-for-windows

Sincerely,
    Oskayra.
  5. XBF Chris J Win User

Unable to pair Xbox 360 controller w. One Adapter

6. XBF Brad A Win User

brand new Wireless Adapter for W10 not working

Hi Pierre,

Thanks for coming to the forums. Sorry for the issue with the adapter and controller not working properly. We recommend trying the guide for

troubleshooting wireless adapter
    . Also, if it does connect Bluetooth, just curious why would you need the adapter?

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

Why did the Wireless Xbox Adapter for Windows make my Controller go on the Fritz and Break it!

1. Why did the Wireless Xbox Adapter for Windows make my Controller go on the Fritz and Break it! - Similar Threads - Why did Wireless

2. . My question is why did you guys do thaT

in XBoX on Consoles
    . My question is why did you guys do thaT: Hey i have a gamesir g7 se and previously we were able to use 1000hz report rate with the gamesir nexus app but they said you guys updated your licence conditions which only allow 4ms or 250 hz...
  3. Why did Xbox stop responding to my reports and stop me from making posts?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why did Xbox stop responding to my reports and stop me from making posts?: Everytime I’ve tried to report someone, nothing happens, but when they report me for calling them “stupid” or “a bot” I get a strike. I also can’t make looking for group posts on my main account....
  4. why did when i sign in xbox on website its always signing me out

in XBoX on Windows
    why did when i sign in xbox on website its always signing me out: need answer asap,i want to link my xbox account with epic games 21df864d-bf4f-48f5-8531-995db56d7c12
  5. Prior to the update, why did random videos from my Xbox get deleted?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Prior to the update, why did random videos from my Xbox get deleted?: I know about that big stupid update that Microsoft decided to implement, that’s not the question here. The question is, I have a video capture from Battlefield 3 from way back, but not from a...
  6. Why am I band? It says the details aren't available at this time. What did I say or do????

in XBoX on Windows
    Why am I band? It says the details aren't available at this time. What did I say or do????: Why am I in trouble what did I do?? What rule did I brake??? I have people calling me a [mod removed] and nothing happens to them????? Why ef643ba3-0a1f-4b28-aade-4f624fbd8aa1
  7. Why did my Xbox Series S factory reset after I accidentally unplugged it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did my Xbox Series S factory reset after I accidentally unplugged it: I was in the middle of a Fortnite game and my foot hit the cord and unplugged the Xbox. When I started it back up, it was on the same screen that popped up when i turned on the Xbox after first...
  8. Why did my Xbox Series S reset overnight with no notification?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did my Xbox Series S reset overnight with no notification?: Last night, I moved my Xbox from my downstairs office back to my bedroom. However, I did not unplug it while it was on, nor did I choose to factory reset my console. When I turned on my Xbox this...
  9. why is evertything freezen even after i did the thing

in XBoX on Consoles
    why is evertything freezen even after i did the thing: So when i do /sfc scan cause ive been having problems this comes up Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. For online repairs, details are included in...
  10. Why won’t my Xbox Series X detect WiFi wirelessly? Factory reset didn’t help nor did any...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox Series X detect WiFi wirelessly? Factory reset didn’t help nor did any...: Xbox series X struggles to connect with a wired network. It often disconnects with a wired network and it WILL NOT detect ANY wireless networks. Even took it to my brother’s house and it still had...