Why did my account turn on auto-renew of Xbox Live subscription?

Discus and support Why did my account turn on auto-renew of Xbox Live subscription? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; For some reason, I ran out of balance in prepaid money in my account because Xbox Live Gold turned back on while I was away for a few months. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dudstract10n, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Dudstract10n
    Dudstract10n Guest

For some reason, I ran out of balance in prepaid money in my account because Xbox Live Gold turned back on while I was away for a few months. I cancelled it before I signed off a while ago and yet it turned it back on. Now the money that I prepaid for is
    gone and I have a past due charge on my account for Xbox Live that I didn't even use!

Is this a feature or a bug? And how can I fix it?

:)

Dudstract10n, Apr 24, 2019
  2. Smwutches Win User

Subscription

If you bought the subscription through Xbox, it turns on auto-renewal (which it does warn you about before confirming payment), so if you did not turn off auto-renewal, that is why you are being charged again. You can turn off auto-renewal and cancel the
    subscription at http://commerce.microsoft.com
  3. Lollamia Win User

Gold Membership

If your oldest son doesn't need the account with annual subscription , you can turn off the Auto renewal.

Check the following support page to know how to stop Auto renewal#
    support.xbox.com/.../cancel-xbox-live-gold-subscription

Regards
  4. Hotel Actual Win User

Xbox one s

You will need to go to

microsoft.com

> my account

> services / subscription

> Xbox Live Gold (Manage)

> turn off auto renew
  5. Njal the Blue Win User

6. Xensae Win User

Hi there @Dudstract10n,

I would recommend getting in contact with the support team at

https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/

They will be able to provide more info and let you know if you're eligible for a refund if the subscription was cancelled. If it wasn't however then unfortunately you will not be eligible for a refund.

If you found this post helpful, please set it as the "Answer" using the "Did this solve your problem?" button as this helps people with the same question.
Thema:

1. Why did my account turn on auto-renew of Xbox Live subscription? - Similar Threads - Why did account

2. Why did my account get permanently suspended even though in 8 years ive only ever had one...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did my account get permanently suspended even though in 8 years ive only ever had one...: I recently was given a permanent ban because my gamer pic “violated the Community Standards.” The pic in question was of Buffalo Bills Head Coach Sean McDermott photoshopped with a beard and...
  3. How do I get suspended and I get no response of why my account was suspended? I did nothing...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get suspended and I get no response of why my account was suspended? I did nothing...: My account was suspended and was not explained why it was suspended. Just that I violation terms which I dont know what I did. I didn't do anything havent sent nothing too no one can I get an...
  4. Why did my account switch from an adult account to a child account. It’s been an adult...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did my account switch from an adult account to a child account. It’s been an adult...: So for context my Xbox has been having issues or something for the last month or so. At first I wouldn’t receive notifications about party invites or game invites. And just recently for no reason...
  5. Can anyone tell me why my Rewards account can be suspended for something i did not do ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can anyone tell me why my Rewards account can be suspended for something i did not do ?: Both mine & my wife's Microsoft reward account were suspended for a reason i do not know and i have not talked to anyone .What they have accused us of is not true.And yes we are a family so we do...
  6. Why did Microsoft remove my phone number from my account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did Microsoft remove my phone number from my account?: Several months ago, I attempted to redeem my Microsoft rewards points for robux which I had done many times before. But for some reason, this time it said I needed to add a phone number to my...
  7. Why did I receive 2 strikes on my account for calling somebody a "Tryhard".

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did I receive 2 strikes on my account for calling somebody a "Tryhard".: It's neither a slur or a threat so why did I get punished for saying something so tame? 29a0c68d-e451-414d-8286-d68280f40748
  8. Why Did My Account Get Locked The Moment I Joined The Ambassador Program?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why Did My Account Get Locked The Moment I Joined The Ambassador Program?: Hello I recently was locked out of my account on xbox live… i’ve gone through the appeal review to ask why this had happened yet i’ve gotten 0 responses and i need help to understand what i’ve...
  9. Why was my account Suspended? All I did was make a game group post

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why was my account Suspended? All I did was make a game group post: [img] My account was wrongly suspended. I made a group looking post for nba 2k. I was looking for a player for my team. I didn’t say anything out of the way. Why was my account suspended. This...
  10. Why did my xbox account get deleted after I put my phone number into it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why did my xbox account get deleted after I put my phone number into it: So yesterday, while trying to add my phone number to my xbox live account, my account for some reason got deleted. After that not knowing that the account had been deleted I created another one...