Why did Microsoft send me a regular elite 2 controller after I sent in my broken halo...

Discus and support Why did Microsoft send me a regular elite 2 controller after I sent in my broken halo... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; my Halo edition elite 2 controller started having issues a month or two ago so I finally decided to send it in for repairs before the warranty ran up,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Machado305, Dec 30, 2022.

1. Machado305
    Machado305 Guest

Why did Microsoft send me a regular elite 2 controller after I sent in my broken halo...

my Halo edition elite 2 controller started having issues a month or two ago so I finally decided to send it in for repairs before the warranty ran up, however I was sent a normal elite 2 controller. Did I miss some fine print saying that I wouldn’t be able to get the halo controller back? I would have rather tried fixing the controller myself then end up losing it all together.

I have probably tried using the call back feature to talk to Microsoft support no less than 50 times over the past few weeks to get some sort of answer, but I have yet to receive one call back. I am just giving up at this point of receiving any support from them.

:)

Machado305, Dec 30, 2022
  2. Suitch Win User

Warranty help with Elite 2 Halo infinite edition

Can we get ahold someone who can answer this for certain? I am also having an issue with my right thumbstick and this is a very expensive, and DIFFERENT product from a normal Elite Series 2 controller. If Microsoft/Xbox can't warranty the specific sku, then why is there even a warranty in the box at all? If they were to send a regular Elite Series 2 back after a Halo Infinite version is sent in, then they would be performing a scam--not a warranty service.
  3. Machado305 Win User

Why did Microsoft send me a regular elite 2 controller after I sent in my broken halo edition elite 2 controller that was under warranty?

I left out the part where I sent it in a second time, and still got back a black one. Today is the day I got it back for the second time, and tried getting more call backs today. My warranty runs up next week and now just posting on here because it doesn’t seem to be any other avenue for support.
  4. ngocphi Win User

Why did Microsoft send me a regular elite 2 controller after I sent in my broken halo edition elite 2 controller that was under warranty?

As smwutches mentioned they can't send the same unit if it's limited and they will try but it's not guaranteed
  5. Smwutches Win User

They try to send back what you send in, but they can't guarantee that you'll get a special edition back when you send a controller or console in.
  6. Etho02 Win User

When will this issue be resolved as my son still waiting on controller.

Hi Kathy A thank you for the reply. My controller was perfect condition as drift stick did not work so could not use it. However dont know how or why they would send me a controller that was firstly very dirty condition and virtually falling apart. The only thing i can think of is that they sent to me in error. There is no way they were sending it to replace my one which was an elite series 2 model.
Thema:

1. Why did Microsoft send me a regular elite 2 controller after I sent in my broken halo... - Similar Threads - Why did Microsoft

2. Prior to the update, why did random videos from my Xbox get deleted?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Prior to the update, why did random videos from my Xbox get deleted?: I know about that big stupid update that Microsoft decided to implement, that’s not the question here. The question is, I have a video capture from Battlefield 3 from way back, but not from a...
  3. Why am I band? It says the details aren't available at this time. What did I say or do????

in XBoX on Windows
    Why am I band? It says the details aren't available at this time. What did I say or do????: Why am I in trouble what did I do?? What rule did I brake??? I have people calling me a [mod removed] and nothing happens to them????? Why ef643ba3-0a1f-4b28-aade-4f624fbd8aa1
  4. Why did my Xbox Series S factory reset after I accidentally unplugged it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did my Xbox Series S factory reset after I accidentally unplugged it: I was in the middle of a Fortnite game and my foot hit the cord and unplugged the Xbox. When I started it back up, it was on the same screen that popped up when i turned on the Xbox after first...
  5. Why can't I view my captures on my PC? Did we time travel? Is it 2004? Microsoft owns...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I view my captures on my PC? Did we time travel? Is it 2004? Microsoft owns...: Why can't I view my captures on my PC? Did we time travel? Is it 2004? Microsoft owns everything. Figure it out. The only way I can view and edit my captures is through the Xbox app. What a joke....
  6. Why did microsoft not transfer my ownership of minecraft

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did microsoft not transfer my ownership of minecraft: i’ve read so many forums and tried multiple things, reached out many times. Microsoft has no history of me owning minecraft yet i’ve been playing consistently on the same account for 6 years....
  7. Why did you, (Microsoft) remove my Xbox Networking tab without my permission?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did you, (Microsoft) remove my Xbox Networking tab without my permission?: Returned home after being away for 3 weeks only to come back to a missing Xbox Networking tab in my settings on my PC. Not only was my PC in FULL shut down, but you also apparently removed my Xbox...
  8. Why did Microsoft remove my phone number from my account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did Microsoft remove my phone number from my account?: Several months ago, I attempted to redeem my Microsoft rewards points for robux which I had done many times before. But for some reason, this time it said I needed to add a phone number to my...
  9. Why did Microsoft lie to me

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why did Microsoft lie to me: To keep it short recently my email and alot of other things got hacked including my microsoft. Someone full security wiped me from my account and removed all my details and put my account under a...
  10. Why did Microsoft remove Diablo 4 from my account and say I'm being refunded?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why did Microsoft remove Diablo 4 from my account and say I'm being refunded?: I attempted to sign onto my Diablo 4 game and was given a message that Microsoft had deleted my game and was going to receive a refund. I was never given a notice that I did something wrong. I had...