Why did it have me make a new gamertag?

Discus and support Why did it have me make a new gamertag? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I was trying to sign in to my Microsoft account on my Switch so I could see my achievements. I scanned the QR code then it made me make a new gamertag... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Sparks0909, Feb 6, 2023.

1. Sparks0909
    Sparks0909 Guest

I was trying to sign in to my Microsoft account on my Switch so I could see my achievements. I scanned the QR code then it made me make a new gamertag so all my achievements were gone I tried to sign in using the gamertag but it didn't work.

:)

Sparks0909, Feb 6, 2023
  2. Xti-E3E96D5A-5F7A-45 Win User

Xbox Gamerscore

Why you would want to reset your gamerscore is beyond me but you will have to make a new gamertag.
  3. ThreeX Boogie Win User

My gamertag has my name in it

Why did you make that your gamertag then?
  4. Prymreq Win User

Child Account Catch 22!!!

She DID not ever have an ONLINE account before. There was NO email associated with her gamertag. The console would not allow assigning an email to it because she was a child, it required me to go to a PC and create this new account/profile. So, YEAH,
    because I HAD to make this new profile her email is of course linked to it. That makes sense, but why couldn't this ALL be handled through the console... without EXTRA accounts (payed for) being created?
  5. Auswulf Win User

Can I get someone to help me?

Why don't you do it? just make a new gamertag if you have to and contact him yourself.
  6. MauryGracia Win User

I bought Xbox One and I want my old Xbox 360 gamertag

I did it but appear the new gamertag, I dont know why!
Thema:

1. Why did it have me make a new gamertag? - Similar Threads - Why did gamertag

2. . My question is why did you guys do thaT

in XBoX on Consoles
    . My question is why did you guys do thaT: Hey i have a gamesir g7 se and previously we were able to use 1000hz report rate with the gamesir nexus app but they said you guys updated your licence conditions which only allow 4ms or 250 hz...
  3. Why did Xbox stop responding to my reports and stop me from making posts?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why did Xbox stop responding to my reports and stop me from making posts?: Everytime I’ve tried to report someone, nothing happens, but when they report me for calling them “stupid” or “a bot” I get a strike. I also can’t make looking for group posts on my main account....
  4. why did when i sign in xbox on website its always signing me out

in XBoX on Windows
    why did when i sign in xbox on website its always signing me out: need answer asap,i want to link my xbox account with epic games 21df864d-bf4f-48f5-8531-995db56d7c12
  5. Prior to the update, why did random videos from my Xbox get deleted?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Prior to the update, why did random videos from my Xbox get deleted?: I know about that big stupid update that Microsoft decided to implement, that’s not the question here. The question is, I have a video capture from Battlefield 3 from way back, but not from a...
  6. Why am I band? It says the details aren't available at this time. What did I say or do????

in XBoX on Windows
    Why am I band? It says the details aren't available at this time. What did I say or do????: Why am I in trouble what did I do?? What rule did I brake??? I have people calling me a [mod removed] and nothing happens to them????? Why ef643ba3-0a1f-4b28-aade-4f624fbd8aa1
  7. Why did my Xbox Series S factory reset after I accidentally unplugged it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did my Xbox Series S factory reset after I accidentally unplugged it: I was in the middle of a Fortnite game and my foot hit the cord and unplugged the Xbox. When I started it back up, it was on the same screen that popped up when i turned on the Xbox after first...
  8. Why did my Xbox Series S reset overnight with no notification?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did my Xbox Series S reset overnight with no notification?: Last night, I moved my Xbox from my downstairs office back to my bedroom. However, I did not unplug it while it was on, nor did I choose to factory reset my console. When I turned on my Xbox this...
  9. why did i get charged twice for a gamertag change?

in XBoX Accessibility
    why did i get charged twice for a gamertag change?: as you can see there are two different order numbers for two different payments and the same charge for the same thing two different times a24b19b2-01ca-4c53-942d-a1dba0cfa474
  10. Why did my gamertag transfer back to the inactive "original Xbox" account that it was on...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did my gamertag transfer back to the inactive "original Xbox" account that it was on...: Hello, I am currently at a loss for words. I recently changed one of my unique gamertags in order to make it available to swap to a different account that I actually use. I have since spent the...