Why did I receive a 24 hour enforcement profile ban on Xbox Live for my gamer pic?

Discus and support Why did I receive a 24 hour enforcement profile ban on Xbox Live for my gamer pic? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; When i went to apply to be part of the ambassador program, it said "You must have no prior Enforcement actions against your account within the last... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by BrandonGill1, Nov 25, 2021.

1. BrandonGill1
    BrandonGill1 Guest

Why did I receive a 24 hour enforcement profile ban on Xbox Live for my gamer pic?

When i went to apply to be part of the ambassador program, it said "You must have no prior Enforcement actions against your account within the last year was not met." I have been on Xbox for years now, I have never received a single infraction.

The reason i am posting this is that i am very confused because it says my gamerpic was offensive and hateful.

The gamerpic in question is the drawing of Mister Chief is the unofficial mascot of the Halo series, created by then-Community Manager Frank O'Connor. The character made several appearances in Bungie Weekly Updates during the development of Halo 2 and Halo 3.

My Gamertag is 'MisterrCheif', so you can see why I would use it for my profile. I do not understand how this drawing is offensive. Xbox has had Mister Cheif avatars for the Xbox 360 avatars, and they even released Mister Cheif armor for Halo MCC.

If anyone could possibly explain to me why this happened or if there is anything I could do about it I'd be grateful as there appears to be some sort of error in the enforcement system.

EDIT

I have seen another post from 2019 similar to mine. His problem was not resolved. Microsoft staff basically told him there was nothing he could do and that the enforcement team cannot be contacted. What are we meant to do if this system that has some issues that need updating, ends up banning our profiles permanently?

:)

BrandonGill1, Nov 25, 2021
  2. ElectroFlying Win User

Xbox enforcement team , REALLY

Lets say it was the OP's custom profile pic that got him/her a 24 hour ban. Enforcement not being specific as to what warranted the 24 hour ban means that the OP is guaranteed to be banned again, unless he/she can figure it out all on there own.

Point is, enforcement should be very specific as to why this or that ban and STOP hanging people without showing the individual the specific evidence that warrented the ban.

We have all read in these very forums where a simple coms ban can lead to a console ban, so if it was a game pic that this OP a 24 hour ban, wouldn't it be disingenious of enforcement NOT to have said. "It was your gamer pic that you banned."??
  3. Nursemorph Win User

Says it all really: getting banned for using the unofficial Halo mascot...at the same time as Xbox is celebrating 20 years of Halo!!
  4. BrandonGill1 Win User

Hi Vinicius,

It was 24-hour enforcement so I am not able to file a case review. I feel that there should be a better system for this for individuals such as myself who get falsely banned because of issues with the system.
  5. L4c3rd4 Win User

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey BrandonGill1, how are you today? Hope you're well.

I'm so sorry for that.

You see, this has happened before indeed. The only thing you could try to do is to file a case review with the enforcement team. :(

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/family-onli...

Go to the tab "How do I submit a case review"
  6. XBF Nestor S Win User

Why did I receive a 24 hour enforcement profile ban on Xbox Live?

Hey there Arc,

We are sorry to hear about any issues you may be having due to an enforcement action.
    Unfortunately as this is forum support, you will not be able to reach the enforcement team here, and
    we wouldn't be able to assist further.

Also we would recommend to take a
    look at Microsoft’s Code of Conduct Explained
    for Xbox Live Customers.

Please visit our
    Code of Conducton
    the enforcement site to find out how to stay safe.

We'll be locking the thread as this has no further resolution and in an effort to prevent repetitive answers.
    If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to
    Start
    a New Thread
    for further assistance.
Thema:

1. Why did I receive a 24 hour enforcement profile ban on Xbox Live for my gamer pic? - Similar Threads - Why did receive

2. . My question is why did you guys do thaT

in XBoX on Consoles
    . My question is why did you guys do thaT: Hey i have a gamesir g7 se and previously we were able to use 1000hz report rate with the gamesir nexus app but they said you guys updated your licence conditions which only allow 4ms or 250 hz...
  3. Why did Xbox stop responding to my reports and stop me from making posts?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why did Xbox stop responding to my reports and stop me from making posts?: Everytime I’ve tried to report someone, nothing happens, but when they report me for calling them “stupid” or “a bot” I get a strike. I also can’t make looking for group posts on my main account....
  4. why did when i sign in xbox on website its always signing me out

in XBoX on Windows
    why did when i sign in xbox on website its always signing me out: need answer asap,i want to link my xbox account with epic games 21df864d-bf4f-48f5-8531-995db56d7c12
  5. Prior to the update, why did random videos from my Xbox get deleted?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Prior to the update, why did random videos from my Xbox get deleted?: I know about that big stupid update that Microsoft decided to implement, that’s not the question here. The question is, I have a video capture from Battlefield 3 from way back, but not from a...
  6. Why am I band? It says the details aren't available at this time. What did I say or do????

in XBoX on Windows
    Why am I band? It says the details aren't available at this time. What did I say or do????: Why am I in trouble what did I do?? What rule did I brake??? I have people calling me a [mod removed] and nothing happens to them????? Why ef643ba3-0a1f-4b28-aade-4f624fbd8aa1
  7. Why did I not receive what I paid for?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why did I not receive what I paid for?: I recently purchased the new call of duty modern warfare 3 cross gen bundle and only received the optimized version of the game and not the Xbox one version. I do not have enough storage on my...
  8. Why did I still not receive what I paid for.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why did I still not receive what I paid for.: Why did I not receive what I paid for still dbc3a957-dfc0-47f4-9a5d-f8cd9839b745
  9. Why did I receive 2 strikes on my account for calling somebody a "Tryhard".

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did I receive 2 strikes on my account for calling somebody a "Tryhard".: It's neither a slur or a threat so why did I get punished for saying something so tame? 29a0c68d-e451-414d-8286-d68280f40748
  10. Why did I receive 3 suspension claims (2 strikes each claim) for a gamer pic upload. I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did I receive 3 suspension claims (2 strikes each claim) for a gamer pic upload. I...: Can my claims be reduced to 1 instead of 3 for one action? 8ddf670f-df1f-47e2-93d3-e74272dde77e