why did I lose all of my Fortnite data because I deleted my local save data/file even...

Discus and support why did I lose all of my Fortnite data because I deleted my local save data/file even... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have an Xbox series s which I use all of the time. And I wiped my local save data because I wanted to free up some storage. But it made me lose my... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jason Rocks, Mar 14, 2023.

1. Jason Rocks
    Jason Rocks Guest

why did I lose all of my Fortnite data because I deleted my local save data/file even...

I have an Xbox series s which I use all of the time. And I wiped my local save data because I wanted to free up some storage. But it made me lose my entire Fortnite account data which I had 1800 hours on and I spent a lot of money only

:)

Jason Rocks, Mar 14, 2023
  2. Jason Rocks Win User

why did I lose all of my Fortnite data because I deleted my local save data/file even though it was supposed to save to the cloud?

It didn’t work, and when I tried to find my epic games account. Which I used the sign in with google and Xbox buttons on the epic games website. It tried to make me create a new epic games account even though I had one for my old account
  3. Francia J. Win User

why did I lose all of my Fortnite data because I deleted my local save data/file even though it was supposed to save to the cloud?

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

This may mean that you're signed in under the wrong Microsoft account/Epic Games account, Jason but we'll still check, for cases like this what we initially need to do is to quit the game and perform power cycle in that way once you launch the game your in-game data will just re-sync.

Kindly quit the game and follow the steps below before you re-launch the game.

​​​

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​
  4. Francia J. Win User

5. KristianKulha Win User

My Fortnite wont update. It keeps saying “installation stopped working”.

I’ve uninstalled Roblox and recroom so I tried install Fortnite and it still won’t work. Also if I press “reset and remove everything”, this will permanently delete my Xbox account, all its data and saves games so there’s no point of doing that, even if it does work. Because I don’t want to lose any of my saved games, data or Xbox live account.
  6. Jeremy Grey Win User

Error when trying to get into Fortnite.

You are correct Fortnite does store all of your progression in the current season, skins, stats and so on server side.

This does not change the necessity for a local save data to be present to even launch the game.

Every game has save data, this is where you settings for your sensitivity or key bindings are also stored.

So there is a possibility for save data to be corrupt and result in constant crashes.

It's happened to me on Fortnite, Apex, Rocket League, and CoD.

It happens to me a lot because I use HotSpot data sometimes to download the games.

Please look for yourself and you will see there is local save data for Fortnite, please delete this data as well as any cloud syncing back up you may have active and then try to play the game.

Regards,
Thema:

1. why did I lose all of my Fortnite data because I deleted my local save data/file even... - Similar Threads - why did lose

2. Why did Xbox stop responding to my reports and stop me from making posts?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why did Xbox stop responding to my reports and stop me from making posts?: Everytime I’ve tried to report someone, nothing happens, but when they report me for calling them “stupid” or “a bot” I get a strike. I also can’t make looking for group posts on my main account....
  3. why did when i sign in xbox on website its always signing me out

in XBoX on Windows
    why did when i sign in xbox on website its always signing me out: need answer asap,i want to link my xbox account with epic games 21df864d-bf4f-48f5-8531-995db56d7c12
  4. Prior to the update, why did random videos from my Xbox get deleted?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Prior to the update, why did random videos from my Xbox get deleted?: I know about that big stupid update that Microsoft decided to implement, that’s not the question here. The question is, I have a video capture from Battlefield 3 from way back, but not from a...
  5. Why am I band? It says the details aren't available at this time. What did I say or do????

in XBoX on Windows
    Why am I band? It says the details aren't available at this time. What did I say or do????: Why am I in trouble what did I do?? What rule did I brake??? I have people calling me a [mod removed] and nothing happens to them????? Why ef643ba3-0a1f-4b28-aade-4f624fbd8aa1
  6. Why did my Xbox Series S factory reset after I accidentally unplugged it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did my Xbox Series S factory reset after I accidentally unplugged it: I was in the middle of a Fortnite game and my foot hit the cord and unplugged the Xbox. When I started it back up, it was on the same screen that popped up when i turned on the Xbox after first...
  7. Why did my Xbox Series S reset overnight with no notification?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did my Xbox Series S reset overnight with no notification?: Last night, I moved my Xbox from my downstairs office back to my bedroom. However, I did not unplug it while it was on, nor did I choose to factory reset my console. When I turned on my Xbox this...
  8. Why did I lose all of my points

in XBoX on Windows
    Why did I lose all of my points: I lost for 1500 points I was about to redeem it for rubox and then I had no points but my purchase history is empty I want my points back a445cd54-98ed-4af1-9fe1-d9530a31bc96
  9. Why did i lose already owned games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why did i lose already owned games?: im trying to play call of duty with games i already owned for a few years and now its saying i have to rebuy the game. after i tried uninstalling the games it saying i dont own the games no more....
  10. Why did my Xbox Accessories App lose shift-key keyboard key functionality?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did my Xbox Accessories App lose shift-key keyboard key functionality?: My profile still has the keyboard keys mapped as some shift buttons (my paddle is G while not holding the shift button and H when holding it), but now when I go to add a new shift button as a...