Why did I have to dispute payment charges with my credit card company to get a refund?

Discus and support Why did I have to dispute payment charges with my credit card company to get a refund? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I paid $9.99 for a gamer tag change but that tag was force changed to one of those weird random gamer tags with six numbers that provokes anger in... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AngryColt475940, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Why did I have to dispute payment charges with my credit card company to get a refund?

I paid $9.99 for a gamer tag change but that tag was force changed to one of those weird random gamer tags with six numbers that provokes anger in everyone. Okay, so my gaming community peers arbitrarily rule my choice for gamer tag violates xbox live's
    "Code of Conduct" and maybe it does. So, Don't allow the gamer tag. Fine. But, give me back my old gamer tag that I paid $9.99 for and have had for several years and refund my $9.99 payment for the gamer tag I am not allowed to use. NO? You wish you could
    help but you are not able to do that? Will you give me my old gamer tag back? It is available? NO? You wish you could help but you are not able to do that? Will you refund my $9.99 since I did not get the new gamer tag and am out the old one too? No? You wish
    you could help but you are not able to do that? Will you give me a new gamer tag? No? You aren't able to do that? Can you give me a month of xbox live gold to try to help compensate me for my losses? No? You can't do that? Can you recommend the best place
    to buy the PlayStation 4 Pro with VR?

What's wrong with FuqueTrump anyway?

:)

AngryColt475940, Jan 27, 2017
  2. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    Hope you enjoyed my money microsoft...

Why not dispute the charges with the credit card company then?

onyxishere, Jan 27, 2017
  3. Puppy Fujo
    Puppy Fujo Guest
    Charged for Xboxlive... But never signed up for it

CobCont your credit card company regardong the charges. If you didn't authorize the payments or give credit card info on your Microsoft account then you will need to dispute the charges in the normal fashion. The credit card company has procedures in place
    for this kind of thing. So does your bank. And they can also have new cards issued to try to prevent future charges.

Puppy Fujo, Jan 27, 2017
  4. JosephJackson6 Win User

How stop reoccurring billing, lost profile name and email associated with account

I did stop payment on my credit card, and then I got issued a new credit card. I got charged to the new card even though that new card was never used for the subscription. Now the credit card company has to stop payment on that card, I find it hard to believe Xbox would not have a cross reference with the credit card. Plus I am looking to get a refund for several months I was charged in trying to resolve this dispute. I have never had such a situation with a company. So much frustration, grief and time. And getting to a person on the phone is a nightmare too.
  5. onyxishere Win User

Hope you enjoyed my money microsoft...

Why not dispute the charges with the credit card company then?
  6. John P_14 Win User

How can I stop the payments on XBOX account: I have ended the subscription over a year ago.

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

I'm sorry to hear that you're still being charged for an Xbox subscription that you thought you had canceled. To stop the charges and request a refund for any unauthorized payments, I recommend taking the following steps:

1. Check all your Microsoft Accounts. It may be possible that the payments are coming from a different account where your payment method is associated.

2. Contact Xbox Support: Explain the situation to them and request that they cancel your subscription and issue a refund for any unauthorized charges. You can contact Xbox Support through the "Contact us" page on the Xbox website or by calling the support hotline for your region.

3. Consider disputing the charges with your bank or credit card company: If you're unable to get a refund through Xbox Support or your bank or credit card company, you may have to dispute the charges. This involves contacting your bank or credit card company, stating that you did not authorize the charges, and requesting that they reverse the charges and issue a refund.

I hope this helps!
  7. HAZMAT RADIO Win User

Microsoft Refund Policy is a JOKE!

You're making my point for me.

An unauthorized purchase does not qualify for a refund.

Just because the option is there doesn't change the issue. An UA purchase is fraud and no one refunds for fraud. That's why you contact your credit card company and have them dispute the charge.
  8. Jackme007 Win User

Digital Refunds!

If you believe the refund department is being unreasonable think about contacting your credit card company to dispute the charge.
Thema:

Why did I have to dispute payment charges with my credit card company to get a refund?

1. Why did I have to dispute payment charges with my credit card company to get a refund? - Similar Threads - Why did dispute

2. Prior to the update, why did random videos from my Xbox get deleted?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Prior to the update, why did random videos from my Xbox get deleted?: I know about that big stupid update that Microsoft decided to implement, that’s not the question here. The question is, I have a video capture from Battlefield 3 from way back, but not from a...
  3. Why am I band? It says the details aren't available at this time. What did I say or do????

in XBoX on Windows
    Why am I band? It says the details aren't available at this time. What did I say or do????: Why am I in trouble what did I do?? What rule did I brake??? I have people calling me a [mod removed] and nothing happens to them????? Why ef643ba3-0a1f-4b28-aade-4f624fbd8aa1
  4. Why did my Xbox Series S factory reset after I accidentally unplugged it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did my Xbox Series S factory reset after I accidentally unplugged it: I was in the middle of a Fortnite game and my foot hit the cord and unplugged the Xbox. When I started it back up, it was on the same screen that popped up when i turned on the Xbox after first...
  5. Why did my Xbox Series S reset overnight with no notification?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did my Xbox Series S reset overnight with no notification?: Last night, I moved my Xbox from my downstairs office back to my bedroom. However, I did not unplug it while it was on, nor did I choose to factory reset my console. When I turned on my Xbox this...
  6. why is evertything freezen even after i did the thing

in XBoX on Consoles
    why is evertything freezen even after i did the thing: So when i do /sfc scan cause ive been having problems this comes up Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. For online repairs, details are included in...
  7. Why did I get a permenant ban

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did I get a permenant ban: All of a sudden, my console received a perma ban I just want to know how to get this lifted. I never did anything wrong I'm only 12 and I only play games with friends and all of a sudden my...
  8. Why did I lose all of my points

in XBoX on Windows
    Why did I lose all of my points: I lost for 1500 points I was about to redeem it for rubox and then I had no points but my purchase history is empty I want my points back a445cd54-98ed-4af1-9fe1-d9530a31bc96
  9. Why did I have some of my gamerscore removed?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did I have some of my gamerscore removed?: I spent 40$ on games yesterday to build my gamerscore and I hit 100k but then today I see 100 gamerscore had been removed from my account. This is weird and very demotivating to play because I...
  10. why did it let me buy just dance 2024 on my xbox 1 but won’t let me play it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why did it let me buy just dance 2024 on my xbox 1 but won’t let me play it?: it won’t let me ply just dance 2024 but it let me buy it on my xbox 1 ed0b8026-591b-41cd-a723-2e9e3ffd00f6