why cant you buy backwards compatibility games straight from your from your xbox one

Discus and support why cant you buy backwards compatibility games straight from your from your xbox one in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; There are some games out there that i am hoping to be able to play but i cant seem to be able to find the disk version. so i decided to get a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by razorcat321, Jan 3, 2016.

1. razorcat321
    razorcat321 Guest

why cant you buy backwards compatibility games straight from your from your xbox one

There are some games out there that i am hoping to be able to play but i cant seem to be able to find the disk version.

so i decided to get a Microsoft voucher so i could by it straight from the store. i bought it and all was good, i searched up the game i wanted and the where it says the price/ download it said bundle only. so you click on it and it says there are know
    bundles available for this product. i did some research and came across a website telling me that you have to buy the game from the Microsoft store on the internet, so i went onto the Microsoft store searched the game and went to buy it it then told me i
    have to use a credit card which really *** me off that my voucher i bought was a complete waste of money.

Microsoft if you read this please make it that all the cross platform games can be bought from the store directly on the xbox one and that you do not need to enter your credit card details

if you are not Microsoft please support my problem so that all those old games get more meaning and can be relived for the generations to come

:)

razorcat321, Jan 3, 2016
  2. When the all games from Xbox 360 will be releast ?

Hey i waiting for more games from backward compatibility !!, I buy DC Universe X Mortal Kombat and Mortal Kombat Komplete from Xbox 360 and I Cant play on Xbox ONE !!!

Eduardo Sandes, Jan 3, 2016
  3. mgzin66
    mgzin66 Guest
    mgzin66, Jan 3, 2016
  4. Jena Makarov
    Jena Makarov Guest

Can't you use the browser on the One to buy the games from xbox.com?

Jena Makarov, Jan 3, 2016
  5. @razorcat I can't answer your question but I also find this a pain as the online store always says I need to set up a payment method i.e. enter my credit card details even though I have outstanding prepaid credit in my xbox account.

With the amount of times Xbox , MS and Sony PSN accounts get hacked I'm very reluctant to link a credit card to my Xbox a/c I'm happy to add a prepaid credit code. It just only lets me buy from the xbox store which on the XBone does not include the BWC games
    from the 360.

I want control of my account which is another reason I use key codes to purchase Xbox live and a reason I removed auto renew from EA access and I didn't like the fact that EA access requires credit card details even when I had subscribed via my Xbox prepaid
    credit.

I would rather lose £20 - £50 from prepaid credit than have my credit card ripped off for thousands by hacking fraudsters.

Customrider004, Jan 8, 2016
  6. Jena Makarov
    Jena Makarov Guest
    So you trust your card details to EA but not to Microsoft?

If there is a backward compatible game you want then just add the card, buy the game, and then remove the card.

The only time you can't remove a debit/credit card from your account is when it is attached to a current Xbox Live subscription.

Not an ideal situation but it would work.

Jena Makarov, Jan 8, 2016
  7. ExcaIibur
    ExcaIibur Guest
    "With the amount of times Xbox , MS and Sony PSN accounts get hacked "

Not sure where you got that information from. Any who...

You can add a credit card, buy whatever you want and then you can remove the card details off your account. I think with the Xbox store website, it asks for you to add a credit card, just so you can download the games, this is the same with the free gold
    Xbox games for the 360. You cant add/download them unless you have a credit card attached to your account.

Xbox one games it wont ask for any of that, for whatever reason.

ExcaIibur, Jan 8, 2016
  8. why cant you buy backwards compatibility games straight from your from your xbox one

@Jena, no I don't trust EA access. I originally paid my first years subs by prepaid credit and immediately removed the auto renew and the card used has expired.

@Excalibur, I would normally buy games through the 360 Xbox store as that doesn't require credit card details. So why it is necessary to add card details for online purchases is beyond me when I already have enough prepaid credit on my MS account.

Customrider004, Jan 10, 2016
  9. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest
    This is something that should probably be directed at phone support since the forums don't really have the resources available to deal with account issues 800-469-9269

{Parity}, Jan 11, 2016
  10. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    For a start that phone number is for the U.S/Canada only.Not everyone on the forums is from the U.S. or Canada.

Secondly it would be pointless contacting support as there is nothing they can do.They would just tell you to post on the forums.

The only place to really post this is on the feedback site
    http://xbox.uservoice.com/

Have to say though,i've had my debit card linked to my account for 12 years & never had an issue.

Daft Badger, Oct 31, 2018
  11. ExcaIibur Win User

"With the amount of times Xbox , MS and Sony PSN accounts get hacked "

Not sure where you got that information from. Any who...

You can add a credit card, buy whatever you want and then you can remove the card details off your account. I think with the Xbox store website, it asks for you to add a credit card, just so you can download the games, this is the same with the free gold
    Xbox games for the 360. You cant add/download them unless you have a credit card attached to your account.

Xbox one games it wont ask for any of that, for whatever reason.
  12. Customrider004 Win User

@razorcat I can't answer your question but I also find this a pain as the online store always says I need to set up a payment method i.e. enter my credit card details even though I have outstanding prepaid credit in my xbox account.

With the amount of times Xbox , MS and Sony PSN accounts get hacked I'm very reluctant to link a credit card to my Xbox a/c I'm happy to add a prepaid credit code. It just only lets me buy from the xbox store which on the XBone does not include the BWC games
    from the 360.

I want control of my account which is another reason I use key codes to purchase Xbox live and a reason I removed auto renew from EA access and I didn't like the fact that EA access requires credit card details even when I had subscribed via my Xbox prepaid
    credit.

I would rather lose £20 - £50 from prepaid credit than have my credit card ripped off for thousands by hacking fraudsters.
  13. Jena Makarov Win User

Can't you use the browser on the One to buy the games from xbox.com?
  14. {Parity} Win User

This is something that should probably be directed at phone support since the forums don't really have the resources available to deal with account issues 800-469-9269
  15. Customrider004 Win User

@Jena, no I don't trust EA access. I originally paid my first years subs by prepaid credit and immediately removed the auto renew and the card used has expired.

@Excalibur, I would normally buy games through the 360 Xbox store as that doesn't require credit card details. So why it is necessary to add card details for online purchases is beyond me when I already have enough prepaid credit on my MS account.
Thema:

1. why cant you buy backwards compatibility games straight from your from your xbox one - Similar Threads - why cant buy

2. Why cant i link a discord account to my 15 year old xbox account

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant i link a discord account to my 15 year old xbox account: I own an xbox account the age of the account is 15 but im having trouble linking a discord account will i not be able or am i doing something wrong f7eac7e5-6db7-4bff-8e64-902d6af216d1
  3. Why cant my friends stream hear my audio but hears everyone elses

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant my friends stream hear my audio but hears everyone elses: im on xbox app and my friend said they couldnt hear me on the stream, what do i do to fix that or yall need to fix that ed144e69-1906-4ec9-b3f0-8f56b74d453a
  4. why cant you buy left 4 dead 1 and 2 at all even with xbox.com and microsoft store?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why cant you buy left 4 dead 1 and 2 at all even with xbox.com and microsoft store?: i tried and Microsoft and it said not available separately but still didnt let me buy it or download it and when i tried xbox.com 2 just showed the demo but not the price or the game price to buy...
  5. Why cant i buy minecraft?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant i buy minecraft?: ive tried everything it just wont let me, im not sure what im doing wrong im putting in my details correct and i have the right payment method etc. c8bcc3e4-0165-4298-b215-84977c3afc29
  6. Why cant i buy FIFA points

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant i buy FIFA points: Why cant i buy FIFA points? 038e5fe3-6c1f-46d9-89e3-0cfe092d518b
  7. I payed $80 for mw2 on my xbox series s and now I cant play it without buying gamepass. WHY?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I payed $80 for mw2 on my xbox series s and now I cant play it without buying gamepass. WHY?: I NEED HELP!! I payed $80 for mw2 on my xbox series s and now for some reason I cant play the multiplayer at all without buying gamepass or Xbox live. WHY? I literally own the game!! Someone pls...
  8. why cant you use money on your MS account to buy from design labs?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why cant you use money on your MS account to buy from design labs?: why can't you use money on your M/S account to buy from design labs? 43a0501c-f1bf-4dd5-98fa-5e0b4b31f2b5
  9. why cant i buy the vengeance pack for bo2 in the microsoft store?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why cant i buy the vengeance pack for bo2 in the microsoft store?: Ive been playing bo2 (black ops 2) and i wanted to play buried a zombies map so i go to the store to try to buy it but it’s not available? why is that? ba378114-243d-4155-99ae-cd68624cc3f7
  10. Why cant I play Minecraft java after buying java & bedrock bundle?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant I play Minecraft java after buying java & bedrock bundle?: I just bought Minecraft bedrock & java from the MS store but when i try to launch the game in the "Minecraft for windows" tab it defaults to bedrock edition and when I go to the Minecraft launcher...