WHY cant the SWITCH version of Minecraft see or join LAN servers?

Discus and support WHY cant the SWITCH version of Minecraft see or join LAN servers? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So, ALL other versions can see and join LAN servers. PC, Windows, Xbox, PS4, they can all see and join my LAN server. WHY cant the Switch version see... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by NakedFaerie, Mar 19, 2023.

1. NakedFaerie
    NakedFaerie Guest

So, ALL other versions can see and join LAN servers. PC, Windows, Xbox, PS4, they can all see and join my LAN server.
    WHY cant the Switch version see or join it?

ALL are running the latest version bedrock client.
    Server is bedrock and latest version.

So why is the Switch missing out?

You own Minecraft, you gave minecraft cross play. it still needs cross saves too.
    And why no Steam or linux version? I've been waiting to play minecraft on my Steam Deck.

:)

NakedFaerie, Mar 19, 2023
  2. NakedFaerie Win User

<removed>

Basically, why cant the Switch version of Minecraft cant see or join LAN servers? Its the same Betrock version, other platforms can so why cant Switch?

2nd question was why isn't there a Steam or Linux version of minecraft so its playable on Steam Deck?
  3. Geri M. Win User

Hello NakedFaerie,

I hope you are doing well other than this account issue. There are two official articles that you may not have seen yet that help most people resolve similar issues:

If you have already tried the steps listed in those articles, your best approach is to reach out directly to Mojang to get this fixed so you can go back to gaming. Here is the link to do that: Submit a request – Home (minecraft.net)

Kind regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. Geri M. Win User

Hello NakedFaerie,

I apologize for the confusion.

Here’s how to get Minecraft on Switch:

1. Turn on your Switch, and select Nintendo eShop from the home screen. ...
    2. Select a profile to use with the eShop.
    3. Select Search/Browse .
    4. Type Minecraft using the on-screen keyboard, then select Accept or press the + button on your right joy-con.

Allow me to share some general articles from Minecraft. Kindly go over it and see if it helps.

If still you cannot get resolution from the articles above, I suggest going to this link and ask more information. Home | Minecraft Help.

If you have other concern in the future, feel free to create a new suggestions/thread here. Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  5. NakedFaerie Win User

CAN YOU READ?

GO TRY AGAIN AS YOU OBVIOUSLY DIDNT READ MY POST AT ALL.

THATS THE STUPIDEST REPLY.
  6. XBF Mohammed C Win User

My servers don't work on Nintendo switch

Thema:

1. WHY cant the SWITCH version of Minecraft see or join LAN servers? - Similar Threads - WHY cant SWITCH

2. Why cant i reinstall cod modern warefare

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant i reinstall cod modern warefare: Ive been trying to load my modern warefare to play warefare three and it wouldnt load and i un installed and wont let me reinstall and did a factory reset why cant i play it...
  3. Why cant i hear my voice in my xbox clips?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant i hear my voice in my xbox clips?: When i clip my games, you can hear the other people in the game but cant hear me. When i clip overwatch 2 and i talk, it shows at the side on the clip that im talking but you cant hear me but can...
  4. I cant create a high performance power plan in my windows 11, why is there no high...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cant create a high performance power plan in my windows 11, why is there no high...: There is no high performance option in my power plans and I tried to fix it by going in regedit to figure it out but i am too scared to mess up something in my computer so I didn't do anything in...
  5. Why cant I redeem my Xbox product key?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant I redeem my Xbox product key?: When i try to redeem it, it just says "Check the instructions that came with your code. You might need to redeem it on a different web page or device, or you may be ineligible to redeem this...
  6. Why cant I interact with group posts?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant I interact with group posts?: I cannot interact with group posts in any way. When I try to create a post, I get a message sayinh there was a problem. When I click the "I'm Interested" button, I get a notification saying it was...
  7. Why cant I link the accounts?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant I link the accounts?: I just created a new xbox account and new epic games account about an hour ago. I have a fortnite gift card that I'm trying to redeem but I need to select xbox under the select what you play on...
  8. why cant my xbox connect to a wireless internet it says i have an hardware problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    why cant my xbox connect to a wireless internet it says i have an hardware problem: I have an hardware problem i cant connect to wifi 8e189b8a-4a79-4bd8-83f1-9e4c7084e9fa
  9. why cant i use microsoft account balance?

in XBoX on Windows
    why cant i use microsoft account balance?: I have a microsoft account balance and when i try to pay the remaining on my debit card it authorises a payment of the full amount rather than using my microsoft account balance. how do i fix this...
  10. Why cant i join minecraft servers without a vpn

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why cant i join minecraft servers without a vpn: When i am at home, i recently switched to a new wifi, and for some reason when i try to join my friends SMP my game tells me to please sign into xbox to join the server. I currently play bedrock...