Why can’t my Series X read my 360 game?

Discus and support Why can’t my Series X read my 360 game? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So my disc copy of the Xbox 360 game Batman: Arkham Origins cannot be read by my Xbox Series X. I’ve cleaned the game, but when I try to insert it the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jasper Lonsdale, Nov 28, 2022.

1. Why can’t my Series X read my 360 game?

So my disc copy of the Xbox 360 game Batman: Arkham Origins cannot be read by my Xbox Series X. I’ve cleaned the game, but when I try to insert it the Xbox just does this repeated beeping noise. The Xbox list of backwards compatible games says that Arkham Origins is backwards compatible. Any ideas? Thanks

:)

Jasper Lonsdale, Nov 28, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Thank you so much for that and please perform a powercycle on your console by following the steps below and try again..

​​​

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​
  3. Jasper Lonsdale Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

The issue can be with the console disc drive or the game itself. It is indeed compatible, I was able to confirm that.

Do you have a different 360 game or disc game to check if the console will be able to read them?
    Thanks.

I know it’s nothing wrong with the console as I have installed Skate 3 with a disc a few times on it. And this isn’t what normally happens if the disc is dirty. I will keep trying but do you have any ideas in the meantime? Cheers.
  4. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

The issue can be with the console disc drive or the game itself. It is indeed compatible, I was able to confirm that.

Do you have a different 360 game or disc game to check if the console will be able to read them?
  5. Jasper Lonsdale Win User

Sorry for the late response. I tried this and still doesn’t work. I can confirm that the console can play 360 games as I installed the original modern warfare 2 on it. If Arkham Origins disc was dirty, it would tell me that when I tried it. I cleaned it again, didn’t work. When I put in Arkham Origins it just does the beeping noise as if it can’t process it at all, though when I put in the second disc of it (which is the now discontinued multiplayer) it says that the version is no longer available. So it’s something wrong with the proper disc itself. So it must just be broken?
  6. NARGH22 Win User

Can’t get to my dlc

Screw that, it still works on my old Xbox one so why can’t the same work for the series x? Makes 0 sense
Thema:

1. Why can’t my Series X read my 360 game? - Similar Threads - Why can’t Series

2. Why can’t I sign in to my new Xbox series X?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can’t I sign in to my new Xbox series X?: My fiance bought me an Xbox series X for Christmas this last year and I finally got to setting it up, only for the console to not allow me to sign in to my account. I click the sign in button,...
  3. why can’t I run 120hz at 1080p xbox series x on LG 34GL750

in XBoX Accessibility
    why can’t I run 120hz at 1080p xbox series x on LG 34GL750: please help, just recently bought the xbox series x and have the LG 34GL750. I have researched for hours and watched several videos and cannot get a solution to run 1080p 120hz, I’ve tried...
  4. Why can’t I use my Logitech G733 with my Xbox series s

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I use my Logitech G733 with my Xbox series s: I bought a brand new headset n I can’t get any sound out of it 73dd3078-5b36-40a6-ac0e-1b7878ce6e03
  5. Why can’t I launch games on Xbox Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I launch games on Xbox Series X: I’d like help with an issue I’m having, I bought a new Xbox series X yesterday and I got MK1 today, when I tried launching MK1 the game just closes. After trying a few things nothing worked and...
  6. Why can’t I transfer my Xbox one profile and games to my series s?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I transfer my Xbox one profile and games to my series s?: Got my new series s today and when I sign in to my microsoft account it makes me set up a new profile and I can’t seem to transfer my Xbox one profile over to it what do I do?...
  7. Why can’t I add friends on Xbox series s

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can’t I add friends on Xbox series s: I can’t add anyone as a friend I have restarted my system multiple times and even a few hard resets and still can’t add anyone afecac36-f3ec-4132-95f5-cea003ec9c14
  8. Why can’t I sign in on my xbox series x ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I sign in on my xbox series x ?: I can’t sign in to my account on the series x. When I press make me account it loads for about 10 seconds and then it takes me back to the home menu. 160c9954-4811-446e-9a4c-0da8f70cc098
  9. Why can’t I split-screen on Black Ops 2 zombies with a series X??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I split-screen on Black Ops 2 zombies with a series X??: I don’t have an active Xbox live membership but I’m pretty sure I can still local split screen right??? It doesn’t let my friend sign in as a guest- it says “Can’t sign in to Xbox live. Please use...
  10. Why can’t I sign into fifa 23 EA server on new Xbox series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I sign into fifa 23 EA server on new Xbox series X: I have just bought a new Xbox series X, upgrading from an Xbox one, but now I can’t sign into the ea server on fifa 23. I have tried all the troubleshooting I can find but it still isn’t working....