Why can't my laptop run games such as Fortnite without stuttering?

Discus and support Why can't my laptop run games such as Fortnite without stuttering? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Processor 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 1.38 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB (7.73 GB usable) My laptop is a DELL inspiron 5502 with a 512... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Shanel Marasinghe, May 11, 2023.

1. Why can't my laptop run games such as Fortnite without stuttering?

Processor 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 1.38 GHz

Installed RAM 8.00 GB (7.73 GB usable)

My laptop is a DELL inspiron 5502 with a 512 SSD running on Windows 11.
    my laptop which I mentioned earlier is having difficulty running games such as Fortnite which requires very low specs to run. I have an Nvidia MX330 on my laptop with 512 SSD, 8GB ram and what was mentioned above. When i play the game i cannot get 60fps on the lowest settings plus it tends to stutter regularly dropping the fps to around 20 fps when playing. Could you give some support on how to fix such issues?
    I also have a Laptop cooler I bought recently to prevent the laptop from heating. Is it something wrong in my Laptop? (Inspiron 5502) ? Any suggestions would help.
    Thanks

:)

Shanel Marasinghe, May 11, 2023
  2. Tezzarrific Win User

its not a gaming machine as such, all the videos of that mx330 all show the same stutter mess, try in performance mode in fortnite otherwise you may as well give up. take your 3d res down to 50% or lower too.

the mx330 is a very bottom of the barrel gpu.
  3. Shanel Marasinghe Win User

Thanks for the advice. I've tried reducing the 3D resolution to down to 50% but no luck. Unfortunately, I cannot play Fortnite on this laptop.
  4. adeolaogunnoiki Win User

Account purcahse

Ok but i can't have Fortnite on my laptop because it is old but it was purchased on my laptop - does that mean my money is wasted?
  5. Sarah Anu Win User

How do I download games from my Xbox One S to my Windows 10 laptop?

Hi thank you for your help, I would like to say that as I was following your instructions I found that on the Microsoft store on the laptop it said that the games that I have purchased are "not playable on this device" (the laptop) I think it's because the
    laptop model that I have is too old and so won't run the games properly. Lol this laptop can only run Brawlhalla and Among Us without issues, it can't handle 3D games.
  6. RandelRandel Win User

Xbox one game streaming lag

How ?

I have no lag or any other stuttering problems when playing online on the console. It's only when using the game stream function to the Xbox App on my laptop.

How does that use more internet ?

How fast does my internet have to be to make the streaming run smooth ?
Thema:

1. Why can't my laptop run games such as Fortnite without stuttering? - Similar Threads - Why can't laptop

2. why can't I play with my friend

in XBoX on Consoles
    why can't I play with my friend: Hi, So I'm having issues with my Minecraft, I keep trying to join my friend's world, but it keeps saying it's an outdated client. I don't know what that means, or how to fix that. I've tried...
  3. Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...: Ever since I redownloaded it I have been unable to play online and wants me to buy game pass when I try to go online. How do I solve this without spending money? 9bac4131-b861-4132-9bd3-d1e363dc76a6
  4. Why can't I purchase Fortnite crew from the tab on Fortnite?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I purchase Fortnite crew from the tab on Fortnite?: I've tried to buy Fortnite crew directly from Fortnite, and I keep getting an error that says "Oops. Not sure what happened there. Please try again later." I can purchase anything else just fine,...
  5. Why can't I open Minecraft Launcher

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I open Minecraft Launcher: I'm trying to open Minecraft Launcher and everytime I get hit with: "Minecraft Launcher is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the Store and try again. Here’s...
  6. Why can't I create a looking for group post?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I create a looking for group post?: I have tried every youtube fix I could find, but none of them worked. I try to make an LFG post, but it says the same "unable to create Looking For Griup post" junk every time. It does the same...
  7. Why can't I submit a case review when I've been wronged?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I submit a case review when I've been wronged?: I was playing Siege and got invited to a party by my team. I did not respond due to my 9 month old son being asleep and not wanting to talk. Skip forward and we lost a round and I received 15...
  8. Why can't I stream on my Xbox anymore?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I stream on my Xbox anymore?: When I try to stream through Xbox and I hit the Live Streaming button, it comes up with a pop-up that says under Live streaming providers, "Sorry, something went wrong. Try this again in a while"...
  9. Why can't I talk to friends in Xbox game chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I talk to friends in Xbox game chat?: Hello! Whenever I invite my friends to an Xbox call I have to keep game bar open in order to talk to them. Whenever I tab out of game bar to play a game I try to talk my friends cant hear me. I...
  10. Why won't my Xbox record videos on my laptop, I've tried resetting it but still can't

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox record videos on my laptop, I've tried resetting it but still can't: Why won't my Xbox record videos on my laptop, I've tried resetting it but still can't e59017b5-1acb-46e6-9fe0-4dd2193d776f