Why can't me and my friend add each other on 360?

Discus and support Why can't me and my friend add each other on 360? in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; So me and my friend are trying to add each other through the 360 and through backwards compatible games, so we can play older games together, and yet... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by YO YO CLUMZY, Jan 14, 2023.

1. YO YO CLUMZY
    YO YO CLUMZY Guest

So me and my friend are trying to add each other through the 360 and through backwards compatible games, so we can play older games together, and yet neither of us can see the requests despite it supposedly going through, our settings allow for us to receive friend requests and add each other and receive game invites, but we don't receive anything from each other? We've reset both kinds of consoles numerous times, what's the problem? We've been trying for hours.

:)

YO YO CLUMZY, Jan 14, 2023
  2. andersonpassos Win User

The NAT (Network Address Translation) issue on Xbox 360 can prevent players from adding friends or joining online games. This issue is typically caused by a strict or moderate NAT type, which can be caused by a variety of factors, including the router's settings or the presence of a double NAT.

To resolve this issue, you can try the following:

Restart your router and Xbox 360 console.

Check for any firmware updates for your router and install them if available.

Try disabling UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) on your router and then enabling it again.

Try disabling the firewall on your router temporarily to see if that resolves the issue.

Try port forwarding on your router to open specific ports that Xbox Live uses.

Check if your router has a option of DMZ ( Demilitarized Zone ) and try enabling it.

If you have a double NAT, try to resolve it by either disabling one of the routers or putting one of them in bridge mode.
  3. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good evening

There could be a few reasons why you and your friend are unable to add each other as friends on Xbox 360. Some possible causes include:

Your Xbox 360 consoles may not be connected to the internet.

Your Xbox Live accounts may not be set up properly.

You or your friend may have privacy settings that are blocking friend requests.

You or your friend may have already reached the maximum number of friends allowed on Xbox Live.

Your friend may have blocked you.

There could be a problem with Xbox Live servers.
  4. YO YO CLUMZY Win User

So what would either of us do after all that? We've already checked and done everything we've seen online is supposed to help. Including everything you mentioned.
  5. YungGunnerz187 Win User

me and my friend is have a problem add each other back

My friend deleted me and they wanted to add me back now. But when we send each other friend request it just says pending on our friends list and we don't received each other friend request. We can send each other messages and party/ game invites.... but
    for some reason we can't add each other back..
  6. Theskyraider01 Win User

Cannot Add Friends

I was friends with a person and now they are not on my friends list, appear offline to me, and we cannot hear or add each other as friends. We haven't blocked each other either. HELP!
Thema:

1. Why can't me and my friend add each other on 360? - Similar Threads - Why can't friend

2. why can't I play with my friend

in XBoX on Consoles
    why can't I play with my friend: Hi, So I'm having issues with my Minecraft, I keep trying to join my friend's world, but it keeps saying it's an outdated client. I don't know what that means, or how to fix that. I've tried...
  3. Why can't I talk to friends in Xbox game chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I talk to friends in Xbox game chat?: Hello! Whenever I invite my friends to an Xbox call I have to keep game bar open in order to talk to them. Whenever I tab out of game bar to play a game I try to talk my friends cant hear me. I...
  4. Why is my 360 showing what friends are active, but saying I can't connect to the internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my 360 showing what friends are active, but saying I can't connect to the internet?: My system says i'm not connecting to the internet, however it shows what friends are online. Tested the ethernet cable in a Sony console and it worked fine. How can it show what friends are online...
  5. Why can't I gift my friend Minecraft Java edition it said check for unpaid bills and I did...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I gift my friend Minecraft Java edition it said check for unpaid bills and I did...: Contact us at Microsoft support We’re having trouble processing your payment and we’d like to get it sorted out. Get more info 2AP6RMktyEWJYSFjVuR7pQ.198.6.4 d46af0bf-2982-46e2-ba8c-5d9feeef78eb
  6. My Son has FC24 on Xbox Series S and has added a friend who has a PS5... why can't they...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Son has FC24 on Xbox Series S and has added a friend who has a PS5... why can't they...: The Cross Play feature is enabled, they are friends but when he tries to add him to play a game he isn't there for selection in the Online friends list. In fact it doesn't even show the Online...
  7. Hello Why can't I invite game to my friends! And i cant play online games

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hello Why can't I invite game to my friends! And i cant play online games: Hello Why can't I invite game to my friends! And i cant play online games 4178a91d-d1dc-4e4b-a91f-53ad85ce6bfb
  8. Why can't I unmunte my friend?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I unmunte my friend?: So it says this person is offline and he is appearing online to everyone else and he doesn't have me blocked and it says I have him muted and it will not let me invite him and he has add me and I...
  9. Why can't my friends play Minecraft with me?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't my friends play Minecraft with me?: Me and my friends have been have been having two issues on Minecraft. Two error messages come up when I try to join them(restart client) or when they try to join me(world no longer available)....
  10. Why can't I play co op with my friend in Halo 2 MCC?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play co op with my friend in Halo 2 MCC?: Hi, I'm having a problem trying to play co op with my friend and it keeps kicking us both out of the game. We both have updated versions of our game and our system. I'd like to know what to do to...