Why can't it let me use my usb driver to install apps.

Discus and support Why can't it let me use my usb driver to install apps. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; My xbox app won't change my driver when I try to install games and my other driver won't appear as an option. Thank you. [img] [img]... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by LandonCarter3, Feb 23, 2022.

1. Why can't it let me use my usb driver to install apps.

My xbox app won't change my driver when I try to install games and my other driver won't appear as an option. Thank you.
    Why can't it let me use my usb driver to install apps. [​IMG]

Why can't it let me use my usb driver to install apps. [​IMG]

:)

LandonCarter3, Feb 23, 2022
  2. XBF-JoannaDark Win User

Hi,LandonCarter3,

I hope you are doing well today. Welcome to the Xbox Community. Thank you for reaching out to Xbox Forums. You are having issues installing PC Game Pass games on your external drive. I am happy to help and suggest to solve this problem hopefully.

Solution 1: Format Secondary drive

Formatting to NTFS is also required for backing up games and captures on external storage devices connected to Windows PCs. IF you are trying to install on another drive, please make sure the hard drive is formatted correctly.

Solution 2: Set the default installation drive

1. Open Xbox app
    2. On the top-right corner, click on your profile and select settings.
    3. Click on General and then navigate to Change, where this app installs games by default.
    4. select the drive you want to install your games
    I hope these suggestions help! If this answers your question, please mark the thread as "Answered."
  3. Tormaz Win User

Can i use a monitor with USB on xbox one x

Every USB monitor that I'm aware of requires the installation of drivers (such as DisplayLink drivers) that can't be installed on the Xbox One.
  4. IRB Win User

Can we please get USB headset support on Xbox?

Typically when using a USB headset the pc will need to install a compatible driver for it to work. As the xbox is a locked down ,secure version of Windows it doesn't let you install drivers from other sources. Perhaps this might change in the future.
  5. Mister Getafix Win User

Can't install xbox one wireless adapter drivers

Heya!

Thank you in advance for all of the info you provided!

To be sure, have you gone through every step on the
    Controller setup guide
    ?

Are you only using the internal services to acquire the drivers or have you tried downloading them from other sources as well?

If you have tried online sources could you link us to them?

Post back and let us know how that goes!

Yes, that guide doesn't help as windows simply can't find the drivers for them online, and where can i download the drivers manually? Cause the .cab drivers won't work for me as i can't install them.

Have not tried any sources. Only to uninstall the drivers and installing them again.

And when i try to connect the controlelr, it connects, then immediately slowly dims the LED on the controller off and the adapter stops blinking too. It works fine on my laptop, just not on the desktop.

Have you attempted to update the controller once more with the
    accessories app
    and a USB cable?

Yes i have. Was no available updates.
    In this case, let's have you reach out to the
    Windows 10 support team
    to see why your PC is no longer accepting drivers.
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

My xbox controller is not connecting properly through bluetooth. (Read for more info)

Thanks!

Yes, that's strange, so it seems the controller is working as expected.

Please try reinstalling the driver for both controller and wireless adapter

Step 1

Uninstall the USB driver in Device Manager:

1. Press the Windows + X keys simultaneously;

2. Click on the Device Manager option;

3. Click the arrow that points to USB Controllers;

4. Right-click on the installed device and click uninstall;

5. Restart the computer.

Tip: Also remove everything related to Universal Bus and Composite device.

Step 2

Install the generic driver:

1. Press the Windows + X keys simultaneously;

2. Click on the Device Manager option;

3. Click the arrow that points to USB Controllers;

4. Right-click on the installed device and click Properties;

5. Click on the Driver tab> Update Driver> Search Computer for Driver Software;

6. Click Allow me to choose from a list of device drivers on the Computer;

Select driver versions, install one by one.

Tip: After completing the installation of each driver, restart the system and test it.

**Original thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Let me know how it goes after that
Thema:

1. Why can't it let me use my usb driver to install apps. - Similar Threads - Why can't let

2. Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?: Hi, I am on PC wanting to play one block that I bought from the marketplace about a year and a half ago but when I try and download it, it stays on 0 percent. I have tried multiple methods to fix...
  3. Why can't I go online after paying twice for 1 month

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I go online after paying twice for 1 month: I've paid twice for this month my subscription didn't expire, and I still can't connect online. It tells me contact support, I have been doing this for seven days...
  4. Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty: Last week, I sent my Elite Two controller for repair because the buttons started to wear down. However, after getting it back, one of the pads (P2) is unresponsive and requires very hard presses...
  5. Why when I go into the gamepass quests area it says “ We can't check for quests right now”...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why when I go into the gamepass quests area it says “ We can't check for quests right now”...: Why when I go into the gamepass quests area it says “ We can't check for quests right now” but when I got into my back up account it works perfectly? 210c2e1d-b065-40b4-957f-8e6c59731f4f
  6. Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...: Seriously, I know Microsoft wants to streamline their cross-platform capabilities, but this is so stupid. I can't even play Minecraft without the Xbox app working properly. The Xbox app is such a...
  7. Why can't I download PS4 minecraft add-on's?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I download PS4 minecraft add-on's?: Today, I tried to download some minecraft bedrock edition addons, but it keeps coming up with a message that reads "you do not have space available on your PS4 system to download (insert add on...
  8. Xbox headset is acting up and I can't figure out why

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox headset is acting up and I can't figure out why: I got it a month ago (not wireless btw) and it seemed to work completely fine, I use it for gaming and I had no issues hearing others or my mic for how my voice sounded. Until now I first tested...
  9. Why can't I see other people's messages on Minecraft Servers? (Bedrock)

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I see other people's messages on Minecraft Servers? (Bedrock): When I play Cubecraft and other Minecraft servers on Bedrock online I am not able to send messages to other players or see what others are saying. The only way I am able to see messages is if I...
  10. why can't I play with my friend

in XBoX on Consoles
    why can't I play with my friend: Hi, So I'm having issues with my Minecraft, I keep trying to join my friend's world, but it keeps saying it's an outdated client. I don't know what that means, or how to fix that. I've tried...