why cant in install owned games or play games i currently own that rely on the xbox network...

Discus and support why cant in install owned games or play games i currently own that rely on the xbox network... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Before i get hounded with every basic solution under the sun; - i have enough storage on every single drive on my system to install the desired game... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Damien Pendleton, Nov 13, 2022.

1. why cant in install owned games or play games i currently own that rely on the xbox network...

Before i get hounded with every basic solution under the sun;

- i have enough storage on every single drive on my system to install the desired game (forza horizon 5)

- the issue stems beyond installing games as other, still installed games (sea of thieves for example) that rely on xbox servers have showed "servers down" for three months straight

- my micrsoft/xbox account is consistent across all programs except for the account my pc is signed in on (store and xbox app use the same account and yes I have tried signing out of both then signing back in. for extra measure i even tried someone elses account (with their permission) which returned the same issues)

- my pc is more than capable of running the games in question and did so for multiple months before these issues arose randomly (no changes to pc were made, they just suddenly stopped working)

- i have tried all basic xbox app fixes through settings>apps>repair, reset, terminate

- i have tried using powershell to uninstall and reinstall both gaming services and the xbox client, with confirmation they were uninstalled and then reinstalled them manually

- i have gone as far to use the repair os feature using a boot drive at the risk of losing data because i do not currently have a spare drive to back up important files.

- i have disabled all antivirus, add blockers and additional programs that microsoft is convinced can cause issues with install

As an additional measure, i am aware i can not run some slightly older titles (forza horizon 4 for example) because i am using an asus B550F motherboard which lacks the features necessary to run teredo networks which is why i am specifically reffering to issues with horizon 5 and sea of thieves which definetly atleast for a period did not require them to run

knowing all of this, what can I do, i have successfully on 2 occasions managed to get the game install with the above fixes only to be met with a forced windows update which revokes the fix and renders it unusable the next time i boot up my pc meaning i still do not get to play the games that i have paid considerably for.

:)

Damien Pendleton, Nov 13, 2022
  2. Tezzerrific Win User

why cant in install owned games or play games i currently own that rely on the xbox network on pc

you b550f mainboard can run forza 4 as my son has that board and is fine, toredo works fine too. you may need to bite the bullet and backup your data and fully reset your pc, start from scratch.
  3. Damien Pendleton Win User

why cant in install owned games or play games i currently own that rely on the xbox network on pc

well, that was far from worth it. reset everything, have lost all apps (as expected) and am now met with error code 0x803fb107 which has not resolved itself in the past 3 days with long periods of the pc being left on due to microsofts error statement directly stating that it just needs time. i have restarted my pc multiple times over this period and restarted the download each time.

where should i go from here?
  4. Smwutches Win User

Why Cant I Play The Game I Own

Minecraft is not a Play Anywhere title. You would have to purchase Minecraft for Windows 10 (which is separate from the Minecraft on the One and 360) in order to play it on the PC.
  5. The Viral Cyrix Win User

xbox one, is there a way to play game without installing first

Xbox one games cant play from disc. Data transfer from bluray just isnt fast enough thats why every game needs to be installed 1st. The disc is then required to be in the drive to verify you still own it
  6. Dylan Deakin Win User

Tales from the Borderlands "Purchased but not Installed"

Then why was it that it said I could install it for free? It says "With Xbox Live Gold, play this game or buy to own".
Thema:

why cant in install owned games or play games i currently own that rely on the xbox network...

1. why cant in install owned games or play games i currently own that rely on the xbox network... - Similar Threads - why cant install

2. Why cant i hear any characters in Fallout 4 on xbox s series?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant i hear any characters in Fallout 4 on xbox s series?: I have installed Fallout 4 a few times now with GamePass on my xbox s series and every time i do i cant get the audio for the characters to work, unless i pause the game in between every sentence,...
  3. why I cant install racing wheel drivers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why I cant install racing wheel drivers?: why I cant install racing wheel drivers? I get this error and cant solve the problem, help me to solve this please... 4143c1d7-679e-4aa1-aecb-9597383a149c
  4. Why cant I Install Games anymore? (suspect is E; Drive?)

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant I Install Games anymore? (suspect is E; Drive?): *EDIT*** The issue might be caused by the other SSD. So Normally I use my E: Drive as the location for my game installs, but for some reason Xbox/Microsoft will not install anymore games onto it....
  5. Why cant I install minecraft bedrock

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant I install minecraft bedrock: Im trying to play Minecraft bedrock but its not letting me install. Its showing a frown face. Whats the prblem. 8d89f843-2c58-46d5-ba3e-70f955f1d492
  6. Why I cant install xbox games intob xbox for windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why I cant install xbox games intob xbox for windows 10: Hello, I have a subscription xbox pas games ultimate , with this subscription I can play lots of xbox games on my pc. I have an external hdisk where I prefer install my games. I set in general...
  7. i bought 109.99 diablo iv version why i cant install it???

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i bought 109.99 diablo iv version why i cant install it???: i bought 109.99 diablo iv version why i cant install it???i can download only the base version omg i payed 100 plus euro for nothing? 6225b88e-d2f8-461e-8dce-aae2dd961a54
  8. Why i Cant install D4?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why i Cant install D4?: Hallo, i bought the Game at first as normal Version. After that i bought the deluxe Version at the Store. Why i can't Play it now. Thank you for the help. Best greetings. Arkadius...
  9. Why cant I install my Fable 3 for PC anymore and why do I need windows (or xbox) live for...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant I install my Fable 3 for PC anymore and why do I need windows (or xbox) live for...: I have owned Fable 1 and 3 for the PC for years. I have purchased all of the DLCs and played them several times. Now that miscrosoft killed windows live.... I can no longer play Fable 3. I try to...
  10. why cant i download install or update my games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why cant i download install or update my games: whenever i click download or cancel or install it just sits at zero percent the entire time and it does literally nothing it just sits there i need help please im on xbox game pass for windows 10...