Why can't I watch a movie

Discus and support Why can't I watch a movie in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox wont let me watch a movie have installed the Blu ray player and it still don't work my power's been down its back up but out internet been... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by WaterierCube697, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Why can't I watch a movie

My Xbox wont let me watch a movie have installed the Blu ray player and it still don't work my power's been down its back up but out internet been down I did offline setting so tell me how I fix this piece of **** box it's bad enough that I had to download
    the Blu ray player anyway when it should been on there anyway matter fact so yea give me an answer.

:)

WaterierCube697, Oct 14, 2017
  2. Watching a Movie

why is microsoft such a control freak that I have to be signed into xbox live to watch a movie on the xbox? so XBOX live is down and can't watch a movie what BS.

texaskurtaggie, Oct 14, 2017
  3. why cant i watch a rented movie?

I payed to see a movie, then I tried to open it and it only says 0xc101ab66

CaKe xTaKTiiC, Oct 14, 2017
  4. H34tm4k3r Win User

Fehler[Translation-Error]

Why is it not possible to watch the movie, yet? It's three days after release and the store says, the relase was three days ago - but I can't watch it (preorderet in May 2019)...

Please - just do make it possible to watch that movie. :(
  5. Kasthuri Parthasarat Win User

Why can't I watch my movies offline?

connect to network.. that's how it works..
  6. IRB Win User

Correct, and just to add a reference point,
    this is covered on this page, here
    . It specifically says:

• Purchases from Movies & TV are not downloaded to your console but are streamed over the Internet to your console or other Movies & TV-compatible devices. For more information, see Microsoft
      Store: Movies & TV
    Now, what you CAN do with that, is sign up for
    Movies Anywhere.
    Then all of your eligible Microsoft Movies & TV content will sync over with Movies Anywhere and then you could use a service that DOES allow you to download and watch the movie offline, though through a very cursory search does not look
    like there is an option on Xbox One? Vudu is a Movies Anywhere app, though I have never used it to see if you can download titles for offline play.
    Thanks for adding the extra info.

I would point out though that Movies Anywhere is only available in the US.
  7. PalmettoBling Win User

Correct, and just to add a reference point,
    this is covered on this page, here
    . It specifically says:

• Purchases from Movies & TV are not downloaded to your console but are streamed over the Internet to your console or other Movies & TV-compatible devices. For more information, see Microsoft
      Store: Movies & TV
    Now, what you CAN do with that, is sign up for
    Movies Anywhere.
    Then all of your eligible Microsoft Movies & TV content will sync over with Movies Anywhere and then you could use a service that DOES allow you to download and watch the movie offline, though through a very cursory search does not look
    like there is an option on Xbox One? Vudu is a Movies Anywhere app, though I have never used it to see if you can download titles for offline play.
  8. ScheduledAbyss8 Win User

To start the movies you must be online
Thema:

Why can't I watch a movie

1. Why can't I watch a movie - Similar Threads - Why can't watch

2. Why can't I ever join or create a looking for group post

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I ever join or create a looking for group post: I have done factory resets and it doesn't work even when I have Xbox gold or live. Whenever I try to join it says "unable to send request" and when I try to create one it always says "there was a...
  3. Why does this say I can't look at it but my account is banned?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does this say I can't look at it but my account is banned?: Why is my account banned when it can't even show me why? [img] b55992f7-9bad-46f0-bd1e-2fa62d5c90a6
  4. Why can't I watch "This week on Xbox" on my Xbox One anymore ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I watch "This week on Xbox" on my Xbox One anymore ?: I remember watching Twox on my XB1 before Mixer came up. But since Mixer has ended I can't watch Twox on my console anymore. I know I could watch it on Youtube but I don't want to log in to any...
  5. I hired a movie using new xbox - took half an hour to watch 4 minutes of movie - why can't...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I hired a movie using new xbox - took half an hour to watch 4 minutes of movie - why can't...: Xbox novice here. An Xbox entered the house at Christmas. On Christmas evening we decided to hire a family movie using Xbox (Microsoft Store) It took half an hour to watch 4 minutes of the...
  6. Why can't I watch my movies offline?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I watch my movies offline?: I bought bought movies through the xbox store across the past 2 years, but I cant access them offline. The only reason I noticed this is my xbox is still online and can use Netflix and hulu, but I...
  7. Why can't I watch crtv on xbox one?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I watch crtv on xbox one?: There is two threads for this, neither which have any answers they just loop one back to another. Haven't been able to watch crtv on xbox one for some time now, every other video service seems to...
  8. Why I can't watch FXnow on my Xbox one?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why I can't watch FXnow on my Xbox one?: Hi Guys. I got a DNS code to work on my Xbox one from the UK. When I want to stream The Simpsons episode on FXNOW it sayings: FXNOW is having trouble retrieving this video, please try again. If...
  9. Why can't I download certain games in japan, without giving up the ability to watch ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I download certain games in japan, without giving up the ability to watch ...: I'm living in japan at the moment and I've recently decided to download and play fallout new Vegas after a couple years of not playing the disk version. I haven't had any problems with downloading...
  10. Why I can't watch FXnow on my Xbox one?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why I can't watch FXnow on my Xbox one?: Hi Guys. I got a DNS code to work on my Xbox one from the UK. When I want to stream The Simpsons episode on FXNOW it sayings: FXNOW is having trouble retrieving this video, please try again. If...