Why can't I upgrade my physical copy of COD:Ghosts to XB-one?

Discus and support Why can't I upgrade my physical copy of COD:Ghosts to XB-one? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Like the title says, I just recently found out that those of us who bought a physical copy of COD: Ghosts for the 360 are out of luck if we want to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by B1RDD0G-30F0510B-F375-451C-9BBE-C6C549322E4B, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Why can't I upgrade my physical copy of COD:Ghosts to XB-one?

Like the title says, I just recently found out that those of us who bought a physical copy of COD: Ghosts for the 360 are out of luck if we want to continue playing on our new XB-one consoles. Does anyone know why this is. Doesn't make any sense to me.
    XB-Live knows all my progress, why can't it be transferred to my new console like someone with a digital copy? What difference does it make?

:)

B1RDD0G-30F0510B-F375-451C-9BBE-C6C549322E4B, Nov 9, 2014
  2. Colossus1500
    Colossus1500 Guest
    Question about game sharing

Ok so in my household we have 2 XB 1's. Why if I buy a COD Ghosts can't my brother play with me at the same time on his console? Why would he have to buy another?! I though they were fixing this issue.

Colossus1500, Nov 9, 2014
  3. COD Ghosts upgrade question

Looks like my son will not get a One before xmas. If he gets a disc based copy of COD Ghosts for the 360 and then a disc based copy for the One at xmas will his mp stats carry over.

This article says they do if using the digital upgrade
    http://au.ign.com/wikis/call-of-duty-ghosts/Next-Gen_Upgrades

We would prefer physical copies but I just wondered about the stats carryong over.

SatNiteEduardo, Nov 9, 2014
  4. Buick350X
    Buick350X Guest

you can't sell a used digital copy, you could upgrade then sell your ghost disc. digital they retain control of the content to a point.

Buick350X, Nov 9, 2014
  5. Colossus1500 Win User

Question about game sharing

Ok so in my household we have 2 XB 1's. Why if I buy a COD Ghosts can't my brother play with me at the same time on his console? Why would he have to buy another?! I though they were fixing this issue.
  6. Final IDefiance Win User

unbelievable install times

I started to Install my CoD Ghosts at 7:30 and it is 8:12 now and It's only at 1%. Like really, why buy physical copies of games when they are useless, and you have to install it anyways? I know everyone is Downloading it, but ps4 wasn't this slow. Why XB1?
  7. Buick350X Win User

you can't sell a used digital copy, you could upgrade then sell your ghost disc. digital they retain control of the content to a point.
  8. HaglePer Win User

Moderate NAT, but is it really?

Have you testet CoD Ghosts one the xb one's? And if so, what have you got on the nat there?
  9. x24hrs2livex Win User

Redeem Call of Duty Ghost for $10 in the marketplace xbox one

The digital upgrade gives users a dual license. One for the 360 and another for the xbox one. If you bought the digital version on xbox live marketplace then you would be ableto pay $10 for the xb 1 license. If you bought a physical copy you will have to
    talk to the retailer you bought the game from to see if they are offering a coupon or upgrade program
Thema:

1. Why can't I upgrade my physical copy of COD:Ghosts to XB-one? - Similar Threads - Why can't upgrade

2. Why can't I go online after paying twice for 1 month

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I go online after paying twice for 1 month: I've paid twice for this month my subscription didn't expire, and I still can't connect online. It tells me contact support, I have been doing this for seven days...
  3. Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty: Last week, I sent my Elite Two controller for repair because the buttons started to wear down. However, after getting it back, one of the pads (P2) is unresponsive and requires very hard presses...
  4. Why when I go into the gamepass quests area it says “ We can't check for quests right now”...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why when I go into the gamepass quests area it says “ We can't check for quests right now”...: Why when I go into the gamepass quests area it says “ We can't check for quests right now” but when I got into my back up account it works perfectly? 210c2e1d-b065-40b4-957f-8e6c59731f4f
  5. Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...: Seriously, I know Microsoft wants to streamline their cross-platform capabilities, but this is so stupid. I can't even play Minecraft without the Xbox app working properly. The Xbox app is such a...
  6. Why can't I download PS4 minecraft add-on's?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I download PS4 minecraft add-on's?: Today, I tried to download some minecraft bedrock edition addons, but it keeps coming up with a message that reads "you do not have space available on your PS4 system to download (insert add on...
  7. Xbox headset is acting up and I can't figure out why

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox headset is acting up and I can't figure out why: I got it a month ago (not wireless btw) and it seemed to work completely fine, I use it for gaming and I had no issues hearing others or my mic for how my voice sounded. Until now I first tested...
  8. Why can't I see other people's messages on Minecraft Servers? (Bedrock)

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I see other people's messages on Minecraft Servers? (Bedrock): When I play Cubecraft and other Minecraft servers on Bedrock online I am not able to send messages to other players or see what others are saying. The only way I am able to see messages is if I...
  9. why can't I play with my friend

in XBoX on Consoles
    why can't I play with my friend: Hi, So I'm having issues with my Minecraft, I keep trying to join my friend's world, but it keeps saying it's an outdated client. I don't know what that means, or how to fix that. I've tried...
  10. Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...: Ever since I redownloaded it I have been unable to play online and wants me to buy game pass when I try to go online. How do I solve this without spending money? 9bac4131-b861-4132-9bd3-d1e363dc76a6