Why can't I upgrade my Cross-Gen Bundle of Call of Duty MW2 when i own the game?

Discus and support Why can't I upgrade my Cross-Gen Bundle of Call of Duty MW2 when i own the game? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; The xbox store states "Existing Modern Warfare 2 Digital Cross-Gen Bundle owners can upgrade to the Vault Edition as part of a limited time offer." AND... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RangerTravy, Nov 1, 2022.

1. RangerTravy
    RangerTravy Guest

Why can't I upgrade my Cross-Gen Bundle of Call of Duty MW2 when i own the game?

The xbox store states "Existing Modern Warfare 2 Digital Cross-Gen Bundle owners can upgrade to the Vault Edition as part of a limited time offer." AND STILL when i go into the buy menu it just says try again later and ive been trying for 2 days. theres only 3 days left on this "DEAL" and i would like to purchase it for $30. I already had to go through talking to my bank about getting a refund and buying the game again because xbox cancelled my order when i SPENT $70 to PREORDER the game and didnt get it at launch so I had to buy it again. I would just like to be able to purchase the $30 upgrade on the store.

:)

RangerTravy, Nov 1, 2022
  2. Madog_18 Win User

So I tried to do the same thing but when I went to upgrade it said I didnt own the cross gen bundle. I pre ordered the game and have been trying to upgrade for like 2 weeks but it doesnt work. It says I dont own the game when I have all the content and the game. This leads to me having to pay $100 for the game when again I already own it. This is very annoying because all I want to do is upgrade. Everyone I know is able to do it but for some reason it is not working for me. Please help
  3. ngocphi Win User

Because you aren't doing it correxrly

What you are trying ro do would forfeit.the deal

You have to purchase the upgrade

It's not the full.game

The said refund would take 3 business days for ms to issue the payment and then you have wait for your bank to receive it then upto 30days to process it

You would be better off just redoing the purchaze

If your order was canceled more then 10 days before the release you wouldn't have been charged they only charge 10 days max before release uptjl release
  4. Nursemorph Win User

Call of Duty Black ops Upgrade to X/S

From what I can tell, to access the Series X version of the game, you need the Cross-Gen bundle...once you buy that, you should then be able to download and install the Series X version. Without the cross-gen bundle it will, presumably, just install the XB1 version

From the Store page:

"For digital owners of the Call of Duty®: Black Ops Cold War Standard Edition, this upgrade will unlock the Call of Duty®: Black Ops Cold War Cross-Gen Bundle, giving access to the Xbox Series X|S version of the game. After upgrade purchase, search in the Xbox store for the Call of Duty®: Black Ops Cold War - Cross-Gen Bundle to install the Xbox Series X|S version of the game."
  5. kyle_m4496 Win User

I bought a physical copy of call of duty modern warfare 3 after downloading I tried to purchase the vault edition upgrade and it didn't allow me to access the content I bought

Hi Jose. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

You must own the digital Cross-Gen edition to upgrade to the Vault Edition, the disc copy cannot be upgraded. This is stated on the Vault Edition Upgrade's store page description: "Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® III digital Cross-Gen Bundle required to redeem upgrade content. Sold separately."

Please reach back if you have further questions.

Thanks,
    Kyle
  6. Georges C. Win User

Why i can't install crossgen bundle cod mw2 on pc

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello ICELion7, I think there should be some confusion with the themenologies.

Cross-Gen Bundle means you can install the game on both the regular Xbox One and the new generation.

In addition to installing MW2 on the console and PC with the same game license it would have to be Playanywhere, which is not the case with the Cross-Gen Bundle, it was made only for xbox.

https://www.xbox.com/en-us/games/store/call-of-...

Playable on

Xbox One

Xbox Series X|S

And if the MW2 is cross-platform it will allow you to play with people from other platforms like PlayStation, and PC.
Thema:

1. Why can't I upgrade my Cross-Gen Bundle of Call of Duty MW2 when i own the game? - Similar Threads - Why can't upgrade

2. why can't I play with my friend

in XBoX on Consoles
    why can't I play with my friend: Hi, So I'm having issues with my Minecraft, I keep trying to join my friend's world, but it keeps saying it's an outdated client. I don't know what that means, or how to fix that. I've tried...
  3. Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...: Ever since I redownloaded it I have been unable to play online and wants me to buy game pass when I try to go online. How do I solve this without spending money? 9bac4131-b861-4132-9bd3-d1e363dc76a6
  4. Why can't I purchase Fortnite crew from the tab on Fortnite?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I purchase Fortnite crew from the tab on Fortnite?: I've tried to buy Fortnite crew directly from Fortnite, and I keep getting an error that says "Oops. Not sure what happened there. Please try again later." I can purchase anything else just fine,...
  5. Why can't I open Minecraft Launcher

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I open Minecraft Launcher: I'm trying to open Minecraft Launcher and everytime I get hit with: "Minecraft Launcher is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the Store and try again. Here’s...
  6. Why can't I create a looking for group post?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I create a looking for group post?: I have tried every youtube fix I could find, but none of them worked. I try to make an LFG post, but it says the same "unable to create Looking For Griup post" junk every time. It does the same...
  7. Why can't I submit a case review when I've been wronged?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I submit a case review when I've been wronged?: I was playing Siege and got invited to a party by my team. I did not respond due to my 9 month old son being asleep and not wanting to talk. Skip forward and we lost a round and I received 15...
  8. Why can't I stream on my Xbox anymore?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I stream on my Xbox anymore?: When I try to stream through Xbox and I hit the Live Streaming button, it comes up with a pop-up that says under Live streaming providers, "Sorry, something went wrong. Try this again in a while"...
  9. Why can't I talk to friends in Xbox game chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I talk to friends in Xbox game chat?: Hello! Whenever I invite my friends to an Xbox call I have to keep game bar open in order to talk to them. Whenever I tab out of game bar to play a game I try to talk my friends cant hear me. I...
  10. Why can't i rent a Conan server through Gportal xbox app

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't i rent a Conan server through Gportal xbox app: Can't rent Conan Gportal server through xbox app says "pick a different way to pay" i even added a gift card to my account to pay but it won't even let me use my account funds....